RemedySpot.com

Re: Passive aggressive+

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Alice,

So sorry it took me so long to get back to this. SO has come home after nearly a month in the hospital with a "mild" brain stem stroke and between visiting the hospital and then all the home health care visits, I'm a little bit scattered at the moment.

[edit] History

The term "passive-aggressive" was first used by the U.S. military during World War II, when military psychiatrists noted the behavior of soldiers who displayed passive resistance and reluctant compliance to orders. [2]

From Wikipedia!

Dear Sam - I think the archetype involved is "The Coward". Cowards care about issues but are afraid to express them directly because of fear of rejection, so they persuade others to do that for them. There can be a mild form or a nefarious form - Uriah Heep, comes to mind.

Ah, now there's one that seems to fit and one I really don't care to think about, since I've been guilty of being PA now and again. Sigh. Well, it gives me something to work on. After all these decades I finally got around to reading some Dickens and "discovered" Uriah Heep. Yuck! LOL

So, what's the other "pole" of the Coward? The Warrior? Please, please say "yes" so that I can bring my Scorpio powers to bear. LOL

Astrol it usually manifest in both sexes as a weak Mars or animus in a woman's chart, or a weak masculine self-image in a man. They frequently mean to be helpful but lack the courage to speak out, so they end up manipulating others unconsciously. Tattle-tales n spies are examples.

My Mars (as well as a whole buncha others) is in Scorpio, so does that say anything about his strength? Or is the placement simply that and nothing more?

Which gives me the opportunity to quote a Sufi recommendation:

Before you speak, pass your words through three sieves:

Is it true?

Is it kind?

Is it necessary?

Oh, yes! I've always liked this. Good stuff, indeed.

Thanks for your reply. Again, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Nothing personal, I assure you! LOL

Blissings,

SamMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.