RemedySpot.com

Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Crystal in TN, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I am in Florida just opened and scare to death but happy to see my practice growth slowly.

Just do it. adolfo

To: Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 4:02 PMSubject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first "real" job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ("well we accept them all") or what the contract rates are ("it's about 50%") or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group

was over $20k! It takes me longer to do my notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says "Mommy put it away" which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...Looking for reassurance!Crystal in

TN

Crystal

What bills do you need to pay?

Subject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...To: Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM

I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first "real" job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ("well we accept them all") or what the contract rates are ("it's about 50%") or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to

do my notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says "Mommy put it away" which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...Looking for reassurance!Crystal in TN

Mortgage, student loans (me and my non-physician husband), credit cards, car

payments... Granted, we are paying them down but I would almost certainly have

to take a loan to finance start up costs... Has anyone gotten loans through SBA

to start an IMP?

>

>

>

> Subject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

> To:

> Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into

my first " real " job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and

ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position

with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and

with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run

that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me

what insurances I'm contracted with ( " well we accept them all " ) or what the

contract rates are ( " it's about 50% " ) or what my panel size is...The EMR that

has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for)

probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a

committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My

overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k!

It takes me longer to do my

> notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I

have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm

trying to work at home and says " Mommy put it away " which makes me feel about 2

inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I

wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have

joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some

of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about

making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under.

It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at

opening in about 6-12 months...

>

> Looking for reassurance!

>

> Crystal in TN

>

If you're employed why are you paying for overhead.

Remember that 50% of docs move on after the first 2 years...

Matt in Western PA

8th year solo

FP residency finished in 1988

6 years HMO

8 years hospital employed.

Will never go back....

Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first "real" job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ("well we accept them all") or what the contract rates are ("it's about 50%") or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to do my notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says "Mommy put it away" which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...Looking for reassurance!Crystal in TN

Sure...go to bank for line of credit AND a loan.

Question is if you are staying where you are OR moving to a new location.

Matt in Western PA

Wanting to leap but scared to jump...> To: > Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM> > > > Â > > > > I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first "real" job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ("well we accept them all") or what the contract rates are ("it's about 50%") or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to do my> notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says "Mommy put it away" which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...> > Looking for reassurance!> > Crystal in TN>

Crystal, If you already have a lot of bills and loans, I would advise caution

about starting your IMP at this time. It will take you years (if ever) to make

as much money as you will as an employed physician, so if you really NEED to

make that much, consider waiting. (I have been open 3+ years and I'm not there

yet, AND, I have spent about $90,000 of my own money in the process, mostly to

cover the shortfall in my living expenses.) A couple of other points: Don't

underestimate the value of benefits such as employer-paid FICA, health

insurance, and paid time off. I know I did. You have to bring in a lot more

money to cover those things yourself. I think this would work better if you have

a well-paid spouse with paid health insurance, which I don't. Also, I wish I had

set up in an area where the patient population was a bit more affluent, so that

I could charge a significant noncovered benefits fee for the excellent service

that I give. It's hard to make a living with the insurance companies squeezing

us tighter and tighter. Finally, if you are planning to work alone, don't

overestimate the number of patients you can see per day, because they generate a

lot of ancillary work for you to do.

It sounds like you like the people where you are now, but are working too hard

and maybe not be being paid fairly. If that is the case, maybe you could find a

better employed position until you have paid down more of your bills. I find

that having an IMP is definitely more enjoyable and satisfying than being an

employee in most places, but is still stressful (for different reasons) and A

LOT of work.---Sharlene

> >

> >

> > From: impnewbie <crystalsdyer@>

> > Subject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

> > To:

> > Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> > I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into

contract rates are ( " it's about 50% " ) or what my panel size is...The EMR that

probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a

It takes me longer to do my

> > notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I

trying to work at home and says " Mommy put it away " which makes me feel about 2

inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I

joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some

> >

> > Looking for reassurance!

> >

> > Crystal in TN

> >

>

The way it is structured, each provider has a " cost center " out of which come

your supplies , building rent, your portion of utilities, nurse salary/benefits,

etc. I only have a salary guarantee for 18 months.

>

> If you're employed why are you paying for overhead.

>

> Remember that 50% of docs move on after the first 2 years...

>

> Matt in Western PA

> 8th year solo

> FP residency finished in 1988

> 6 years HMO

> 8 years hospital employed.

>

> Will never go back....

> Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

>

>

>

> I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into

It takes me longer to do my notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a

self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams

my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says " Mommy put it away "

which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's

got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all

of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole

wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are

struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay

and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go

well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...

>

>

> Crystal in TN

>

One thing I have learnt from imps is that we can all work smarter.

Crystal apply IMP principles to your work schedule, so you don't work 14 hrs days. Don't ask for permission,ask forgiveness

As an example, when I was much busier as a hospitalust, I discovered that I could dictate progress notes from home instead of writing then on the hospital,s notes. I would print out data and then batch dictate all notes, rather than going from floor to floor, terminal to terminal and chart to chart. And then I see a good chunk of other docs doing it.

Sangeetha Murthy

The way it is structured, each provider has a " cost center " out of which come your supplies , building rent, your portion of utilities, nurse salary/benefits, etc. I only have a salary guarantee for 18 months.

>

>

>

> Matt in Western PA

> 8th year solo

> 6 years HMO

>

> Will never go back....

>

>

>

> I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first " real " job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ( " well we accept them all " ) or what the contract rates are ( " it's about 50% " ) or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to do my notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says " Mommy put it away " which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...

>

>

> Crystal in TN

>

Ideally, staying where I am. I'm from here, family is all here, husband and I

went to high school here, so very local and would like to think I would have at

least a small loyal following.... The way I read my contract I have a non

solicitation for one year after leaving and not a true non compete but I have

contacted a lawyer.

> >

> >

> > From: impnewbie <crystalsdyer@>

> > Subject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

> > To:

> > Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> > I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months

into my first " real " job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine)

and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed

position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable)

mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so

poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even

tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ( " well we accept them all " ) or what

the contract rates are ( " it's about 50% " ) or what my panel size is...The EMR

that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees

for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go

before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on

that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was

over $20k! It takes me longer to do my

> > notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I

> >

> > Looking for reassurance!

> >

> > Crystal in TN

> >

>

Chrystal,

I remember very well my first year out in the "real" world......much worse than my internship! Learning curve is very high and pressure is too! I opened my own practice straight out of residency and it is NOT an easy path. I would suggets giving yourself time to adjust to your current job and pay down debt while putting together your plan. What drew you to this particular group in the first place? What other options do you have ??? Can you work at a local urgent care? Hospitalist work? HOw does practicing medicine fit in with your other goals such as having children? Traveling? etc

I love my current practice and it works for my current stage in life and career however it would not have worked for me during my first 5-7 years out bcause of financial constraints.

Lots to think about!!!

Best Regards,

Dannielle Harwood, MD

www.MyStudioMD.com

To: Sent: Tue, January 31, 2012 3:22:55 AMSubject: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

Ideally, staying where I am. I'm from here, family is all here, husband and I went to high school here, so very local and would like to think I would have at least a small loyal following.... The way I read my contract I have a non solicitation for one year after leaving and not a true non compete but I have contacted a lawyer.> > > > > > From: impnewbie <crystalsdyer@>> > Subject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...> > To: > > Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM> > > > > > > > Â > > > > > > > > I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first "real" job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that

surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ("well we accept them all") or what the contract rates are ("it's about 50%") or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to do my> > notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says "Mommy put it away" which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined

the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...> > > > Looking for reassurance!> > > > Crystal in TN> >>

le, I like what you did with your website…. Would you be willing to share your website developer info?   I am presently having difficulties with mine…. Thank you. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Dannielle HarwoodSent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:09 AMTo: Subject: Re: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump... Chrystal, I remember very well my first year out in the " real " world......much worse than my internship! Learning curve is very high and pressure is too! I opened my own practice straight out of residency and it is NOT an easy path. I would suggets giving yourself time to adjust to your current job and pay down debt while putting together your plan. What drew you to this particular group in the first place? What other options do you have ??? Can you work at a local urgent care? Hospitalist work? HOw does practicing medicine fit in with your other goals such as having children? Traveling? etcI love my current practice and it works for my current stage in life and career however it would not have worked for me during my first 5-7 years out bcause of financial constraints.Lots to think about!!! Best Regards,Dannielle Harwood, MD www.MyStudioMD.com From: impnewbie To: Sent: Tue, January 31, 2012 3:22:55 AMSubject: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump... Ideally, staying where I am. I'm from here, family is all here, husband and I went to high school here, so very local and would like to think I would have at least a small loyal following.... The way I read my contract I have a non solicitation for one year after leaving and not a true non compete but I have contacted a lawyer.> > > > > > From: impnewbie <crystalsdyer@>> > Subject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...> > To: > > Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM> > > > > > > > Â > > > > > > > > I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first " real " job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ( " well we accept them all " ) or what the contract rates are ( " it's about 50% " ) or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to do my> > notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says " Mommy put it away " which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...> > > > Looking for reassurance!> > > > Crystal in TN> >>

You may find that many of these cost center items are out of your control.Suggest that they pay you by RVUs generated and make them responsible for your overhead. One local multispecialty clinic has overhead of 70%.A solo FP can get that down to 45% or so, if you have complete control over your spending.A solo/solo office can probably push that lower. Main expenses are staff, rent, insurance. You'll find that the big clinic can mysteriously pile on expenses faster than you can see patients. Your nurse may end up taking home more than you.Ben Brewer M.D in rural IL.8 years

solo, then3 years partnership, then2+years employed guy (with the hospital covering my overhead and paying me by RVUs) To: Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 9:01 PM Subject: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...

The way it is structured, each provider has a "cost center" out of which come your supplies , building rent, your portion of utilities, nurse salary/benefits, etc. I only have a salary guarantee for 18 months.

>

>

>

> Matt in Western PA

> 8th year solo

> 6 years HMO

>

> Will never go back....

>

>

>

> I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first "real" job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ("well we accept them all") or what the contract rates are ("it's about 50%") or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to

do my notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says "Mommy put it away" which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...

>

>

> Crystal in TN

>

Sure !His name is Dustern KernsHere is his email address. Kerns <dustin@...DannielleTo: Sent: Tue, January 31, 2012 7:52:12 AMSubject: RE: Re: Wanting to

leap but scared to jump...

le, I like what you did with your website…. Would you be willing to share your website developer info? I am presently having difficulties with mine…. Thank you. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Dannielle HarwoodSent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:09 AMTo: Subject: Re: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump... Chrystal, I remember very well my first year out in the "real" world......much worse than my internship!

Learning curve is very high and pressure is too! I opened my own practice straight out of residency and it is NOT an easy path. I would suggets giving yourself time to adjust to your current job and pay down debt while putting together your plan. What drew you to this particular group in the first place? What other options do you have ??? Can you work at a local urgent care? Hospitalist work? HOw does practicing medicine fit in with your other goals such as having children? Traveling? etcI love my current practice and it works for my current stage in life and career however it would not have worked for me during my first 5-7 years out bcause of financial constraints.Lots to think about!!! Best

Regards,Dannielle Harwood, MD www.MyStudioMD.com To: Sent: Tue, January 31, 2012 3:22:55 AMSubject: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump... Ideally, staying where I am. I'm from here, family is all here, husband and I went to high school here, so very local and would like to think I would have at least a small loyal following.... The way I read my contract I have a non solicitation for one year after leaving and not a true non compete but I have contacted a lawyer.> > > > > > From: impnewbie <crystalsdyer@>> > Subject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...> > To: > > Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM> > > > > > > > Â > > > > > > > > I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first

"real" job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ("well we accept them all") or what the contract rates are ("it's about 50%") or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to do my> > notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie.

I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says "Mommy put it away" which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...> > > > Looking for reassurance!> > > > Crystal in TN> >>

Thanks, le! Will email him…. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Dannielle HarwoodSent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:12 PMTo: Subject: Re: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump... Sure !His name is Dustern KernsHere is his email address. Kerns <dustin@...Dannielle To: Sent: Tue, January 31, 2012 7:52:12 AMSubject: RE: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump... le, I like what you did with your website…. Would you be willing to share your website developer info? I am presently having difficulties with mine…. Thank you. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Dannielle HarwoodSent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:09 AMTo: Subject: Re: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump... Chrystal, I remember very well my first year out in the " real " world......much worse than my internship! Learning curve is very high and pressure is too! I opened my own practice straight out of residency and it is NOT an easy path. I would suggets giving yourself time to adjust to your current job and pay down debt while putting together your plan. What drew you to this particular group in the first place? What other options do you have ??? Can you work at a local urgent care? Hospitalist work? HOw does practicing medicine fit in with your other goals such as having children? Traveling? etcI love my current practice and it works for my current stage in life and career however it would not have worked for me during my first 5-7 years out bcause of financial constraints.Lots to think about!!! Best Regards,Dannielle Harwood, MD www.MyStudioMD.com From: impnewbie To: Sent: Tue, January 31, 2012 3:22:55 AMSubject: Re: Wanting to leap but scared to jump... Ideally, staying where I am. I'm from here, family is all here, husband and I went to high school here, so very local and would like to think I would have at least a small loyal following.... The way I read my contract I have a non solicitation for one year after leaving and not a true non compete but I have contacted a lawyer.> > > > > > From: impnewbie <crystalsdyer@>> > Subject: Wanting to leap but scared to jump...> > To: > > Date: Monday, January 30, 2012, 3:02 PM> > > > > > > > Â > > > > > > > > I've been in communication with A. but new to the group...6 months into my first " real " job out of training now (Family Medicine/Sports Medicine) and ready to slit my wrist, throat, any major vessel... I'm in an employed position with a hospital organization with a religious (and very admirable) mission and with actually very likable people but it is so dysfunctional and so poorly run that I think that surely I can do it better myself... They can't even tell me what insurances I'm contracted with ( " well we accept them all " ) or what the contract rates are ( " it's about 50% " ) or what my panel size is...The EMR that has been chosen for me (and that I pay nearly $800/mo in licensing fees for) probably has potential if all templates/customization didn't have to go before a committee somewhere in FL (I'm in TN)--don't even get me started on that. My overhead for the month of December as part of a 9 provider group was over $20k! It takes me longer to do my> > notes on EMR than it ever did on paper and I am a self-confessed techie. I have been working 14 hr days and my poor toddler slams my laptop shut when I'm trying to work at home and says " Mommy put it away " which makes me feel about 2 inches tall. My home life is non-existent. There's got to be something better. I wholeheartedly believe in IMPs and have read all of Gordon's articles, have joined the official IMP site and have read the whole wiki but after reading some of the posts in this group about folks who are struggling, I'm worried about making the leap--I've got a lot of bills to pay and can't afford to go under. It's not just a dream , right??? If all were to go well, I would be looking at opening in about 6-12 months...> > > > Looking for reassurance!> > > > Crystal in TN> >>