RemedySpot.com

Living the Sun

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Toni: What I take into myself from this economic crisis and it may be true for others here around the fire who’ve had to survive the traumas of WWII, post war rationing, years of austerity, limited options for education, career opportunity and personal development is that this is nothing to be in a shock or panic about. Thanks to Jung, I’ve done my Shadow work around money, looked at the shame, restructured my life to be able to embrace the value of living within my means. With life in balance, the money comes. The flow goes up and down, that’s a more organic way to describe how money works for me. Having been at the bottom and survived, I don’t fear it. I like what Obama says about “defying the statistics”, it applies to me and is for me about finding that transcendental vision and belief in one’s own strengths and courage. In alchemy the " sublimatio " stage is often used to describe having sort of detached or philosophical attitude about something that one could just as well react to.

My writing has been about sending that tap root down into a grounded reality where nature and humans live in a balance. Living and gyring in ever widening circles out of that centre, finding meaning makes sense in itself because one’s being in grounded in reality, or as T.S. Eliot calls it - “the life of significant soil.” But I do feel the real suffering of people around me, the ambient stress and anxiety that’s in the air on the commute to work. I work in the financial sector have to understand it all, and hear the stories of layoffs, shutdowns, and lost business firsthand. Going into a place of prayer, finding compassion works, as does savouring the simple things in life. In the dance, Frances.

Dear Frances,

I won't argue.

But a lot of people are panicked about a lot less esoteric stuff like jobs,

groceries, Blacks in the White House, their kids in Iraq, and a very

insecure future. Financial instruments don't worry them...they don't

understand economics, and $250,000 guaranteed in the bank has quieted that

one fear.

Let us face the future, not the past. it is done, it has happened and there

is no way to avoid the solution ...if we can find one...and it will not be

pleasant..

let's dance instead. I for one am not in the dark about the wall Street

meltdown, nor is anyone who has been keeping up with our capitalistic greed

in the last 5 or so years in the market, especially. Maybe we don't know

specifics, all of them, but it no longer matters. We need to live in the NOW

and pay more attention.

That's my personal opinion. I am not panicked, i have lost lots too, but I

intend to buy, not lament as soon as i can.

My Sun is still shining, even when clouds momentarily cover it.

maybe we can lighten the collective unconscious some?????

Could we perhaps learn some worthwhile lessons from all this?

Toni