RemedySpot.com

Re: TANCS but no TANCS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy Practice Fusion user here!I also use the integrated billing with Kareo. Still learning this aspect.I find that the more patients can climb around inside their charts the more emails I get about stuff. PF shows them labs, diagnosis, scripts and appts past and present. Actually seems to be enough for most patients. Unless they have been part ofanother practice with a really robust patient portal the patients do not know the difference.DannielleTo: " " < >Sent: Sun, February 12, 2012 8:50:45 PMSubject: Re: TANCS but no TANCS

Take a look at Care Cloud for software as a service EMR and billing. The communication and messaging features between office and patient look pretty cool. Not "free".

Clear Practice is cloud based,subscription required. There's at least one doc on the list that is using this one.

Dr. Chrono is a free one if you like the iPad.

Mitochon is another free, cloud based product.

Soapware, E-MDs, eCW, and Amazing Charts have their IMP fans.

I have Practice Partner since 2004, server based, but I'm looking at the other cloud based solutions out there as the features go up and the price goes down.

Ben

To: Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 6:04 PMSubject: TANCS but no TANCS

I've looked at HelloHealth.I'm looking at PracticeFusion and Avado.Any other new tech solutions I should be evaluating, while standing on the plank of the pirate ship, waiting to jump or be pushed?What I like about HelloHealth is the integrated Patient services, video visits, secure messaging, a patient's interaction with their chart. But the EMR is a little weak and there is no option to interface with a billing service right now. And, their pricing model ($3/pt/mos) makes it fairly pricey in the long run (and there will be a long run, dammit!).I haven't seen Avado yet, but they reportedly have a lot of the same Patient connectivity features, without quite as smooth an interface. Not sure what they have for video conferencing or EMR though.Practice Fusion has a ton of users, it is free, will interface with a billing service, and is probably a more mature EMR, but their patient portal seems more limited and

doesn't offer as easy patient access tools.What else am I missing?

I am using Practice Fusion also.

Has just what I need, not too much and it's free.

Deb

Happy Practice Fusion user here!I also use the integrated billing with Kareo. Still learning this aspect.I find that the more patients can climb around inside their charts the more emails I get about stuff. PF shows them labs, diagnosis, scripts and appts past and present. Actually seems to be enough for most patients. Unless they have been part ofanother practice with a really robust patient portal the patients do not know the difference.

Dannielle

To: " " < >

Sent: Sun, February 12, 2012 8:50:45 PMSubject: Re: TANCS but no TANCS

Take a  look at Care Cloud for software as a service EMR and billing.  The communication and messaging features between office and patient look pretty cool.  Not " free " .

Clear Practice is cloud based,subscription required.  There's at least one doc on the list that is using this one.

Dr. Chrono is a free one if you like the iPad.

Mitochon is another free, cloud based product.

Soapware, E-MDs, eCW, and Amazing Charts have their IMP fans.

I have Practice Partner since 2004, server based, but I'm looking at the other cloud based solutions out there as the features go up and the price goes down.

Ben

To: Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 6:04 PM

Subject: TANCS but no TANCS

I've looked at HelloHealth.I'm looking at PracticeFusion and Avado.Any other new tech solutions I should be evaluating, while standing on the plank of the pirate ship, waiting to jump or be pushed?

What I like about HelloHealth is the integrated Patient services, video visits, secure messaging, a patient's interaction with their chart. But the EMR is a little weak and there is no option to interface with a billing service right now. And, their pricing model ($3/pt/mos) makes it fairly pricey in the long run (and there will be a long run, dammit!).

I haven't seen Avado yet, but they reportedly have a lot of the same Patient connectivity features, without quite as smooth an interface. Not sure what they have for video conferencing or EMR though.Practice Fusion has a ton of users, it is free, will interface with a billing service, and is probably a more mature EMR, but their patient portal seems more limited and doesn't offer as easy patient access tools.

What else am I missing?

Updox can tie some things together for you and I believe it works with PF- as well as other EMRs such as amazing charts. You would have to send files to the portal that you wanted patients to access. Provides secure mail back and forth. Has forms you could build and use (though I much prefer Jotform). No scheduling system within the portal.Carla Gibson To:

Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 5:04 PM Subject: TANCS but no TANCS

I've looked at HelloHealth.

I'm looking at PracticeFusion and Avado.

Any other new tech solutions I should be evaluating, while standing on the plank of the pirate ship, waiting to jump or be pushed?

What I like about HelloHealth is the integrated Patient services, video visits, secure messaging, a patient's interaction with their chart. But the EMR is a little weak and there is no option to interface with a billing service right now. And, their pricing model ($3/pt/mos) makes it fairly pricey in the long run (and there will be a long run, dammit!).

I haven't seen Avado yet, but they reportedly have a lot of the same Patient connectivity features, without quite as smooth an interface. Not sure what they have for video conferencing or EMR though.

Practice Fusion has a ton of users, it is free, will interface with a billing service, and is probably a more mature EMR, but their patient portal seems more limited and doesn't offer as easy patient access tools.

What else am I missing?

I recently learned about a new patient portal called Patient Communicator. It is developed by the son of a physician who has his own micropractice and uses it in his practice. It has patient self-scheduling online, secure patient messaging, online payment service, automatic reminders. It is not an EMR and does not process insurance claims. I walked through a demo with the developer and was quoted a price of $50/month. I think it is worth a look.http://patientcommunicator.com/I have no financial interest in this or any competing products. SetoSouth Pasadena, CA

Updox can tie some things together for you and I believe it works with PF- as well as other EMRs such as amazing charts. You would have to send files to the portal that you wanted patients to access. Provides secure mail back and forth. Has forms you could build and use (though I much prefer Jotform). No scheduling system within the portal.Carla Gibson To:

Any other new tech solutions I should be evaluating, while standing on the plank of the pirate ship, waiting to jump or be pushed?

I haven't seen Avado yet, but they reportedly have a lot of the same Patient connectivity features, without quite as smooth an interface. Not sure what they have for video conferencing or EMR though.

Practice Fusion has a ton of users, it is free, will interface with a billing service, and is probably a more mature EMR, but their patient portal seems more limited and doesn't offer as easy patient access tools.

What else am I missing?

sounds interesting  will check it out Thanks GAry  Sounds also like the name of one of those devices form Star trek Can I  get that box that Bones had? point it at someone and know whether they have cpy450 or substrate  34 a.,  fibromyaliga or celiac disease,  and so on? That is what I want

besides fair capitation and  more sleep:)Jean

I recently learned about a new patient portal called Patient Communicator. It is developed by the son of a physician who has his own micropractice and uses it in his practice. It has patient self-scheduling online, secure patient messaging, online payment service, automatic reminders. It is not an EMR and does not process insurance claims. I walked through a demo with the developer and was quoted a price of $50/month. I think it is worth a look.

http://patientcommunicator.com/I have no financial interest in this or any competing products. 

SetoSouth Pasadena, CA

Updox can tie some things together for you and I believe it works with PF- as well as other EMRs such as amazing charts.  You would have to send files to the portal that you wanted patients to access. Provides secure mail back and forth. Has forms you could build and use (though I much prefer Jotform). No scheduling system within the portal.

Carla Gibson

To:

What else am I missing?

--      MD          ph    fax

Greg

I am relatively happy with the cobbled together software pieces I am using

AC for EMR and billing, PM coming in summer ? i think it is up to $2000 /license

and $500/ support yearly

HYH for practice quality measurement (free so far!, largess from Wasson)

Clearinghouse services EClaims about $50/month

Updox for electronic fax, secure communication and patient portal, $25/month

Appointment Quest for online patient scheduling about $15/month

Gmail Boomerang for reminders about $4/ month

IMH platform for automated patient surveys and platform for virtual visits

$50/month (using this, EMR, paypal, and website to do virtual visits)

Brinkster hosting for website ( 10- 20$/ month)

Maybe I will put together Skype video visits for my next project!

I am still having some fun with the snap-on type software

removeable/replaceabforearm mix n match options.

Cheap and works.

I like that one piece may break for a while but the others still carry on!

Lynn

> To:

> From: glseto@...

> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:27:40 -0800

> Subject: Re: TANCS but no TANCS

>

>

>

> I recently learned about a new patient portal called Patient

> Communicator. It is developed by the son of a physician who has his own

> micropractice and uses it in his practice. It has patient

> self-scheduling online, secure patient messaging, online payment

> service, automatic reminders. It is not an EMR and does not process

> insurance claims. I walked through a demo with the developer and was

> quoted a price of $50/month. I think it is worth a look.

>

> http://patientcommunicator.com/

>

> I have no financial interest in this or any competing products.

>

> Seto

> South Pasadena, CA

>

>

>

>

>

> Updox can tie some things together for you and I believe it works with

> PF- as well as other EMRs such as amazing charts. You would have to

> send files to the portal that you wanted patients to access. Provides

> secure mail back and forth. Has forms you could build and use (though I

> much prefer Jotform). No scheduling system within the portal.

>

> Carla Gibson

>

> ________________________________

> >

> To:

>

<mailto: \

>

> Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 5:04 PM

> Subject: TANCS but no TANCS

>

>

> I've looked at HelloHealth.

>

> I'm looking at PracticeFusion and Avado.

>

> Any other new tech solutions I should be evaluating, while standing on

> the plank of the pirate ship, waiting to jump or be pushed?

>

> What I like about HelloHealth is the integrated Patient services, video

> visits, secure messaging, a patient's interaction with their chart. But

> the EMR is a little weak and there is no option to interface with a

> billing service right now. And, their pricing model ($3/pt/mos) makes

> it fairly pricey in the long run (and there will be a long run,

> dammit!).

>

> I haven't seen Avado yet, but they reportedly have a lot of the same

> Patient connectivity features, without quite as smooth an interface.

> Not sure what they have for video conferencing or EMR though.

>

> Practice Fusion has a ton of users, it is free, will interface with a

> billing service, and is probably a more mature EMR, but their patient

> portal seems more limited and doesn't offer as easy patient access

> tools.

>

> What else am I missing?

>

>

>

>

>