RemedySpot.com

Re: Treatment pointers for populations of HIV positive patients?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, where do you work again? I may have a suggestion for you. Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107Phone: Fax:

Greetings all

In my "not-so-new practice", I am seeing a lot more HIV + patients,

generally healthy with insurance. They usually have their own ID

doctor but will come in when they are unavailable. I need to read up

to get more comfortable--does anyone with a larger HIV + population

have any books, articles, references or resources they found helpful?

I certainly need to brush up on the newer HAART meds but also how they

interact with other common meds and any style points/particulars.

Shingles on an HIV + patient on truvada or other anti-retroviral

should be treated, but up to date notes an interaction with truvada.

The hiv clinic said it was no big deal, an important style point to

learn and incorporate.

Up to date is helpful to a point but it has a lot more details and

science and is really lacking in practice tips and the "art" of the

medicine.

=

Guest guest

Hi , in looking over your posts it doesn't look as though you are in an IMP. Sounds more like you are employed by a large group with protocols and rules. I thought this listserve was intended to be a resource for those of us without the support benefits of a larger group. It is our larger group. I'm just curious and perhaps I'm wrong about the point of this listserve. Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107Phone: Fax:

Greetings all

learn and incorporate.

medicine.

=

Guest guest

I've worked for Virginia Mason for 4 years, now work for a different outfit called zoomcare in the captiol hill section of Seattle.I attended the IMP conference in Denver in 2010.

While I am not in IMP in reality, yet, I'm more and more drawn to the model and thought the list-serv was a good way to engage the community on the IMP style .  Some things I take back to my practice.  Other things I file away for future reference as I weigh my options, my bills/student loans, and my general frustration wit the medical system.

I have also found the list-serv to get more real world practical advice on certain medical topics, such as hpv  shots or trying to locate resources.  I'm not aware of any restrictions on whether you have to have an IMP practice to be on the list-serv, although if I'm mistaken then please accept my apologies.  

Can any of the Admins weigh in on the question?    

Hi , in looking over your posts it doesn't look as though you are in an IMP. Sounds more like you are employed by a large group with protocols and rules. I thought this listserve was intended to be a resource for those of us without the support benefits of a larger group.  It is our larger group. I'm just curious and perhaps I'm wrong about the point of this listserve.

Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107Phone:

Fax:

Greetings all

In my " not-so-new practice " , I am seeing a lot more HIV + patients,

learn and incorporate.

science and is really lacking in practice tips and the " art " of the

medicine.

=

Guest guest

I'm not an admin, but my understanding is that the list serve is for anyone interested in this type of model of practice.  So, , it does not appear to me that you are out of line.

Happy Friday everyone! Pratt

I've worked for Virginia Mason for 4 years, now work for a different outfit called zoomcare in the captiol hill section of Seattle.I attended the IMP conference in Denver in 2010.

While I am not in IMP in reality, yet, I'm more and more drawn to the model and thought the list-serv was a good way to engage the community on the IMP style .  Some things I take back to my practice.  Other things I file away for future reference as I weigh my options, my bills/student loans, and my general frustration wit the medical system.

I have also found the list-serv to get more real world practical advice on certain medical topics, such as hpv  shots or trying to locate resources.  I'm not aware of any restrictions on whether you have to have an IMP practice to be on the list-serv, although if I'm mistaken then please accept my apologies.  

Hi , in looking over your posts it doesn't look as though you are in an IMP. Sounds more like you are employed by a large group with protocols and rules. I thought this listserve was intended to be a resource for those of us without the support benefits of a larger group.  It is our larger group. I'm just curious and perhaps I'm wrong about the point of this listserve.

Fax:

Greetings all

learn and incorporate.

medicine.

=

Guest guest

I heard  that Virginia Mason  put all the patients into light filled rooms and put the docs into interior caverns without windows in an attempt to not only  put patietns first they deliberately  put docs second .Nice touch.

Below is the frontispiece of the list serv

I am sure  other will weigh in also and more eloquentlyWhile the folks on the list serv tend to be independent practitioners, the list serv is open to any  and all, exluding vendors of inappropriate  products, and with some  caveats about appropriate behavior,and including  lousy typists

Because health care fails patients  and docs and especially  fails primary care docs for whom it  not only  stinks but  who cannot pay their bills, the premise is on working together to improve. This is a community for anyone wishing to engage in improving care in this coutnry  admittedly focused on the office   practice and on the primary care side , but welcome to others .We have  endocrinology and chiro, midlevels and employed, and so on and so on  here- a motley crew / a varied crowd, all looking to improve both  their work and the experience of care for the patient.

Those who are employed have some resources but   likely lack others .Since this group is quite unique, varied and  is instantaneously available about a wide variety of topics,that  anyone outside of bare naked motorcycle salesmen can come to this  group  ,enriches their abiltiy to improve their practices even  given  the limitations of working for the Man

ly we know and do stuff noone else does if you ask me.Why wouldn't  people be on this lst serv? We're good.Sometime we are scrappy and sometime s disagree but the  strength is in the melting pot community

Jean

A forum for those seeking to transform health care in the US by improving the delivery of care in (medical) office practices. We seek to

deliver superb care in a vital and sustainable manner, to shepherd patients across the fragmented system, and to test ideas that lead to fundamental improvement

Those interested in marginal improvement, and not interested in transformational change should seek another forum.

" This list serve is an amazing group of forward-thinking [mostly] primary care providers who are willing to challenge the status-quo and think outside the box. Instead of placing blame, we are working on real solutions and measuring the impact of our attempts. "

Fax:

Greetings all

learn and incorporate.

medicine.

=

--      MD          ph    fax

Guest guest

I'm not admin, but I do know that yes, you belong on the listserv. IMPs are not defined by whether they are in small or large practices, or have staff or no staff. The focus is more on the "ideal" practice rather than the "micro" practice of the old name. The current group description: A forum for those seeking to transform health care in the US by improving the delivery of care in (medical) office practices. We seek to

deliver superb care in a vital and sustainable manner, to shepherd patients across the fragmented system, and to test ideas that lead to fundamental improvement.And even if the group was more exclusive, we have to reach out for new "recruits" and brainwash them through some mechanism ;-)Carla Gibson To: Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 9:17 AM Subject: Re: Treatment pointers for populations of HIV positive patients?

While I am not in IMP in reality, yet, I'm more and more drawn to the model and thought the list-serv was a good way to engage the community on the IMP style . Some things I take back to my practice. Other things I file away for future reference as I weigh my options, my bills/student loans, and my general frustration wit the medical system.

I have also found the list-serv to get more real world practical advice on certain medical topics, such as hpv shots or trying to locate resources. I'm not aware of any restrictions on whether you have to have an IMP practice to be on the list-serv, although if I'm mistaken then please accept my apologies.

Hi , in looking over your posts it doesn't look as though you are in an IMP. Sounds more like you are employed by a large group with protocols and rules. I thought this listserve was intended to be a resource for those of us without the support benefits of a larger group. It is our larger group. I'm just curious and perhaps I'm wrong about the point of this listserve.

Fax:

Greetings all

learn and incorporate.

medicine.

=

Guest guest

hey dave.

gary seto, jean antonucci, gordon moore is admin i think.

if jean isnt then she should be.

ive been a part of the listserve since 2005 and i think IMPish but im not by

definition singleproviderwhossecretaryMAbiller at the same time.

we are defined i think by innovation. we get frustrated by the same things but

we choose to innovate. interestingly though innovation should be forward

thinking but with the healthcare issues we've had to address - hands-on

compassionate care seems to be a thing of the past but at least not with us. if

i continue to think this way, id consider myself IMPish but when i dont anymore,

time to take the shingle off.

best of luck with your patient pop.

g

> >

> >

> >

> > Greetings all

> >

> > In my " not-so-new practice " , I am seeing a lot more HIV + patients,

> > generally healthy with insurance. They usually have their own ID

> > doctor but will come in when they are unavailable. I need to read up

> > to get more comfortable--does anyone with a larger HIV + population

> > have any books, articles, references or resources they found helpful?

> > I certainly need to brush up on the newer HAART meds but also how they

> > interact with other common meds and any style points/particulars.

> >

> > Shingles on an HIV + patient on truvada or other anti-retroviral

> > should be treated, but up to date notes an interaction with truvada.

> > The hiv clinic said it was no big deal, an important style point to

> > learn and incorporate.

> >

> > Up to date is helpful to a point but it has a lot more details and

> > science and is really lacking in practice tips and the " art " of the

> > medicine.

> >

> >

> >

> > =

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

So my apologies. No offense intended I just misunderstood. I was surprised as Ive been assuming everyone is IMP. I remember having to show I was an IMP prior to be allowed to join. But maybe that was to be on the map....And if you're ever more interested IMP wise we're down the hill from you in Seattle- Ballard. I'm also hosting a primary care advocacy group evening of May 7 to include MDs, ARNPs, PAs and NDs who want to have a stronger more cohesive voice advocating for primary care in Olympia. If you might be interested let me know. Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107Phone: Fax:

I'm not an admin, but my understanding is that the list serve is for anyone interested in this type of model of practice. So, , it does not appear to me that you are out of line.

Happy Friday everyone! Pratt

While I am not in IMP in reality, yet, I'm more and more drawn to the model and thought the list-serv was a good way to engage the community on the IMP style . Some things I take back to my practice. Other things I file away for future reference as I weigh my options, my bills/student loans, and my general frustration wit the medical system.

I have also found the list-serv to get more real world practical advice on certain medical topics, such as hpv shots or trying to locate resources. I'm not aware of any restrictions on whether you have to have an IMP practice to be on the list-serv, although if I'm mistaken then please accept my apologies.

Hi , in looking over your posts it doesn't look as though you are in an IMP. Sounds more like you are employed by a large group with protocols and rules. I thought this listserve was intended to be a resource for those of us without the support benefits of a larger group. It is our larger group. I'm just curious and perhaps I'm wrong about the point of this listserve.

Fax:

Greetings all

learn and incorporate.

medicine.

=