RemedySpot.com

Re: School Trip to Italy - Medical Bag Contents? [1 Attachment]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks .Looks great.I think there is a school form for field trips, but not sure about international travel.I'll definitely check and see what we have and if nothing useful, modify your great form.

Thanks for the feedback.

[Attachment(s) from Pratt included below]

Make sure to get a form for each student that will be travelling without a parent/guardian.  The chaperone for the student should carry the form, and it should be carried with you at all times.  I have a very detailed form that we use for my daughter's skating team.  It lets each parent decide what their own child can take in case they cannot be contacted.  It also authorizes the chaperone to make medical decisions in an emergency.  I've attached (or at least tried to) here, and it obviously needs to be edited for your use.

Any thoughts on what to take on a School Trip to Italy this May?

I'll have about 20 middle and/or high schoolers and a couple adults.

No diabetics or severe asthmatics.

No food allergies known.

One can certainly overkill it, but I was thinking a Zpak, Bactrim, ?Cipro (age is borderline for quinolones), ?EpiPen, antihistamine, topical steroid, others?

I'm thinking of stuff that I could use to treat simple problems that otherwise might spoil the trip -- allergic rash, infections, etc.

Thoughts?

I'm going as a parent, but probably partly selected to go because I'm a physician.

Locke, MD

-- Pratt