RemedySpot.com

Tracing a Red Thread: Synchronicity and Jung's Red Book

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This looks very interesting! http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00332925.2010.524112#tabModuleAbstractJump to sectionPart I: Synchronicities Leading from Philemon...Part II: Dreams at the Scanning The Red Book, or Liber Novus,

is C. G. Jung's personal journal that he wrote to document his inner exploration from 1913 to 1925. It is the magnum opus from which Jung formulated all his theories and to which he returned for study the rest of his life. It has recently been published by W. W. Norton, edited by Sonu Shamdasani and translated by Dr. Shamdasani, Mark Kyburtz, and

Peck. This is the third book published by the Philemon Foundation, whose mission it is to raise funds to support the publication of all of C. G. Jung's unpublished writings. This article traces my personal involvement as an early member of the Philemon Foundation through the scanning of The Red Book in Zurich in November 2008. Synchronicities surrounded many of the events, indicating the involvement of the archetype of the Self. A discussion of the nature of these occurrences and their meaning is included, along with a detailed description of the events at the scanning of The Red Book. Dreams

were collected during that special week from many in the participating group and are included in this paper. I amplify my dreams as a way to document the impact on my psyche, while leaving the rest to speak for themselves. The amplifications weave a personal experience of the theories Jung developed through his own descent into the underworld, which was carefully illustrated in his Red Book.Part I: Synchronicities Leading from Philemon to The Red Book Jump to sectionPart I: Synchronicities Leading from Philemon...Part II: Dreams at the ScanningFrom

the start, my engagement with the Philemon Foundation has involved one synchronistic event after another, leading up to participating in the scanning of C. G. Jung's important personal journal, The Red Book.

That momentous undertaking took place in Zurich, in November of 2008. In this article I describe this trail of events, offering meaning along the way with the intention of honoring the psyche's patterns that unfolded behind the project, as Jung's journal was making its way into the world. Because the activation of synchronous events was so frequent,

my first step in making sense of how the Philemon Foundation contributed to the eventual publication of this most important book is to explore the concept of synchronicity. Once I had finally arrived in Zurich, I kept a journal of my own dreams and those of others to chronicle the movement of the psyche. Here I look for common themes and amplify my dreams in detail, while leaving the other dreamers to speak for themselves. The Red Book (Liber Novus), page 54. Mixed media on paper.Folio size: 11.57″ × 15.35″ (29 cm × 39 cm). 1914–1930.Read the rest at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00332925.2010.524112#tabModuleEve