RemedySpot.com

Re: Subtle Wind

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What a wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing, Bruce.love to you all,Eve

Three months ago I traveled to Indianapolis to meet Carol Spicuzza. I first "met" Carol here, on Jung-Fire, when she posted a picture of her painting Subtle Wind in August of 2006. (Pictures of some of Carol's paintings can be found by following the "Files" link in the Jung-Fire navigation menu. Even more can be seen at her website http://carolspicuzza.com/galleries.shtml along with her commentary.) Carol and I have corresponded over the five years since then, and I've followed the development of the imagery in her paintings. And Carol's paintings have had a definite influence on my writing over these years, as can be seen, I believe, in Running with the Sun. It was amazing to see so many of the paintings from her website in person at her home.One of the purposes of my trip to Indianapolis was to purchase Subtle Wind. Carol sent me into her studio to where the painting was waiting, and it was a profound moment for me. Although I had spent many hours pondering images of the painting, I was unprepared for the impact of seeing it in person.In my poem "Life goes on..." (posted here Dec 16) I write about moving a picture. I moved that picture to make a space for Subtle Wind. And now Carol's painting looks over me (it does literally feel like a guardian sometimes) as I try to find my way into a new life. I'm truly grateful to Jung-Fire for being a place where I could discover Carol and her work. I'm so pleased that something that began in a "virtual" way has become such a very real and rich part of my life.Blessings for the New Year, fire-sitters,Bruce

This is beautiful, Bruce! Thank

you for posting it - it made my day.

Joyce

JUNG-FIRE [mailto:JUNG-FIRE ] On Behalf Of Bruce

Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 12:13 PM

To: JUNG-FIRE

Subject: Subtle Wind

Three months ago I traveled to Indianapolis to meet Carol Spicuzza. I first

" met " Carol here, on Jung-Fire, when she posted a picture of her

painting Subtle Wind in August of 2006. (Pictures of some of Carol's

paintings can be found by following the " Files " link in the Jung-Fire

navigation menu. Even more can be seen at her website http://carolspicuzza.com/galleries.shtml along

with her commentary.) Carol and I have corresponded over the five years since

then, and I've followed the development of the imagery in her paintings. And

Carol's paintings have had a definite influence on my writing over these

years, as can be seen, I believe, in Running with the Sun. It

was amazing to see so many of the paintings from her website in person at her

home.

One of the purposes of my trip to Indianapolis was to purchase Subtle

Wind. Carol sent me into her studio to where the painting was waiting, and

it was a profound moment for me. Although I had spent many hours pondering

images of the painting, I was unprepared for the impact of seeing it in person.

In my poem " Life goes on... " (posted here Dec 16) I write

about moving a picture. I moved that picture to make a space for Subtle

Wind. And now Carol's painting looks over me (it does literally feel like

a guardian sometimes) as I try to find my way into a new life.

I'm truly grateful to Jung-Fire for being a place where I could discover Carol

and her work. I'm so pleased that something that began in a " virtual "

way has become such a very real and rich part of my life.

Blessings for the New Year, fire-sitters,

Bruce

Bruce......I am an artist though it is mostly my keyboard or picking up my camera that does it these days, but I have been thinking about painting again. It is lurking there like background music. Often when I look at a painting (like some Japanese flower arrangement---I lived in Japan for ten years) I can see its perfection, but there is something missing. Other times, I feel well I could do that and that does not take a lot of doing. Then there are the painting that come to life. They are in a sphere where, if I would have spent the last fifty years doing, I don't know if I could have gotten there. Those painting are of that kind and, since having seen the Mona in person and knowing the difference, I can imagine how stunning they must be in person.

Enjoy!One thing though, I keep getting emails from this group where people are already responding to a message that went to the group, but I am first seeing the message with the responses. I don't know why that is? It has also happened with other groups I have belonged to. In other words, I don't know why I am not seeing the message by itself first and then the message with responses. Anyone know?

Dear Bruce and all,

Thank you for your kind words about my work.

As Jung tells us, the final act of the creative process is understanding and in that way Bruce has a unique ability to complete my work and express it in words that I could never find. He also seems to sense the thing I leave unspoken. For example, in the email below he refers to the painting as a guardian. The figure in the painting who collects the stars is an image from my childhood, a woman whom I felt to be my guardian and protector - it is just as Bruce experiences it.

Now the tables are turning and I am working on an image inspired by Bruce's poem The Daughter of the Moon. In that poem is an image of a transformed, eclipsing moon that had been hovering around the edges of my consciousness for years but which I had not been able to fully visualize.

Yes, thank you JUNG-FIRE for being an arena where the virtual can become material.

Carol

Subtle Wind

Three months ago I traveled to Indianapolis to meet Carol Spicuzza. I first "met" Carol here, on Jung-Fire, when she posted a picture of her painting Subtle Wind in August of 2006. (Pictures of some of Carol's paintings can be found by following the "Files" link in the Jung-Fire navigation menu. Even more can be seen at her website http://carolspicuzza.com/galleries.shtml along with her commentary.) Carol and I have corresponded over the five years since then, and I've followed the development of the imagery in her paintings. And Carol's paintings have had a definite influence on my writing over these years, as can be seen, I believe, in Running with the Sun. It was amazing to see so many of the paintings from her website in person at her home.

One of the purposes of my trip to Indianapolis was to purchase Subtle Wind. Carol sent me into her studio to where the painting was waiting, and it was a profound moment for me. Although I had spent many hours pondering images of the painting, I was unprepared for the impact of seeing it in person.

In my poem "Life goes on..." (posted here Dec 16) I write about moving a picture. I moved that picture to make a space for Subtle Wind. And now Carol's painting looks over me (it does literally feel like a guardian sometimes) as I try to find my way into a new life.

I'm truly grateful to Jung-Fire for being a place where I could discover Carol and her work. I'm so pleased that something that began in a "virtual" way has become such a very real and rich part of my life.

Blessings for the New Year, fire-sitters,

Bruce