RemedySpot.com

Re: RE: Private Practice Announcement

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Basia,

Congratulations on the opening of your private practice!!! I miss

seeing you at the NYCCAT board meetings, but I'm sure you're busy

these days with these great things in the works for you.

Keep in touch,

nne

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Barbara Mosinski

wrote:

>

>

> Barbara 'Basia' Mosinski, LCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFA

>

> has announced the opening of her Private Practice

>

>

>

> 80 5th Ave (at 14th St., Union Square)

>

> 917 703-3414

>

> basia_mosinski@...

>

>

>

> She is now accepting new clients and referrals.

>

> Her experience is in the treatment of grief, loss, trauma, and issues

> related to them such as, anxiety and depression. Basia works with adults,

> children, and their families in her practice where she utilizes

> traditional art therapy techniques as well as new media technologies.

>

> For more information: http://therapist.psychologytoday.com/57179

>

> and http://mediaartstherapy.ning.com

>

>

>

> Basia Mosinski is faculty at the School of Visual Arts where she teaches

> graduate level Multicultural Issues in Art Therapy. Prior to moving to New

> York she taught in the Film/Video/New Media Department at the School of the

> Art Institute of Chicago

>

> for many years.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

> MARKETPLACE

> ________________________________

> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format

> to Traditional

> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

> Recent Activity

>

> Visit Your Group

> Meditation and

> Lovingkindness

> A Yahoo! Group

> to share and learn.

> Yahoo! Health

> Asthma Triggers

> How you can

> identify them.

> Sell Online

> Start selling with

> our award-winning

> e-commerce tools.

> .

>

>

> ________________________________

> Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.

>

>

--

nne , MPS, BSW

If you have an NPI number for our service, wouldn't Medicaid/Medicare accept the billing?To: NYCCAT Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:37:28 PMSubject: Re: RE: Private Practice Announcement

This is a tragedy - as creative arts therapists we are uniquely qualified to help veterans and their families who have suffered trauma related to war.

On 12/9/08, Barbara Mosinski <liminalimage@ hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello All,I was informed by a social worker who is a case manager for a former client who wants to work with me that 'no' I cannot accept Medicaid or Medicare. In addition, Healthnet the insurance company that is handling some of the veterans reentry into civilian life: Military and Family Life Consultants also does not recognize our license.

The following is the response I got from them after months of applications and attempts to participate in the MFLC.FORWARDED MESSAGE> Subject: Fw: Military And Family Life Consultant Program:431193 MOSINSKI, BARBARA.... SECOND NOTICE

> To: basia_mosinski@ hotmail.com> From: MFLC.Questionnaire. Request@healthne t.com

> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:51:46 -0800>> ----- Forwarded by MFLC Questionnaire Request/GRP/ MHN/HNT on 12/09/2008> 09:50 AM ----->> MFLC> Questionnaire> Request/GRP/ MHN/H To

> NT basia_mosinski@ hotmail.com> cc> 11/14/2008 03:53> PM Subject> Military And Family Life Consultant

> Program> Dear Practitioner,>> Thank you for your interest in the Military & Family Life Consultant> program.>> Licensure to practice independently is a requirement of the Military &

> Family Life Consultant program. Providers eligible for network> participation are: Psychologists, Social Workers, Professional Counselors,> Marriage Family Therapists, Registered Nurses (with psychiatric specialty).

>> Based on the information you submitted in your application request, it does> not appear that you meet this minimum program requirement.>> We appreciate your interest, and wish you well in your endeavors.

> Thank you,> MHN Government Services> A075360END FORWARDED MESSAGEI subsequently sent Jonathon's scope of practice and asked Mr. or MS A075360 to please read and inform me as to why I am not allowed to assist veterans with my credential. I will forward any response back to this list serve. We must improve our eligibility to practice.

Sincerely,Basia MosinskiLCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFA

To: NYCCATyahoogroups (DOT) comFrom: Jansullmsn (DOT) com

Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:42:42 -0500Subject: Re: RE: Private Practice Announcement

Hi Jon: Thanks for your nuanced comments. I don't have the exact answer to this but we should pursue it as an organization. Best regards, Janet Sullivan

congratulations Basia!!!! the best of luck to you......... Carol Ferrante Smuckler

In a message dated 12/4/2008 9:16:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mariannepatricia@ gmail.com writes:

Hi Basia,Congratulations on the opening of your private practice!!! I missseeing you at the NYCCAT board meetings, but I'm sure you're busythese days with these great things in the works for you.

Keep in touch,nneOn Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Barbara Mosinski<liminalimage@ hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Barbara 'Basia' Mosinski, LCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFA>> has announced the opening of her Private Practice>>>> 80 5th Ave (at 14th St., Union Square)>

> 917 703-3414>> basia_mosinski@ hotmail.com

>>>> She is now accepting new clients and referrals.>> Her experience is in the treatment of grief, loss, trauma, and issues> related to them such as, anxiety and depression. Basia works with adults,

> children, and their families in her practice where she utilizes> traditional art therapy techniques as well as new media technologies.>> For more information: http://therapist. psychologytoday. com/57179

>> and http://mediaartsthe rapy.ning. com>

>>> Basia Mosinski is faculty at the School of Visual Arts where she teaches> graduate level Multicultural Issues in Art Therapy. Prior to moving to New> York she taught in the Film/Video/New Media Department at the School of the

> Art Institute of Chicago>> for many years.>>>>>>>>> Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

> MARKETPLACE> ____________ _________ _________ __> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format

> to Traditional> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe> Recent Activity>> Visit Your Group> Meditation and> Lovingkindness> A Yahoo! Group> to share and learn.

> Yahoo! Health> Asthma Triggers> How you can> identify them.> Sell Online> Start selling with> our award-winning> e-commerce tools.> .>>> ____________ _________ _________ __

> Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.>> -- nne , MPS, BSW

Messages in this topic (3) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

MARKETPLACE

From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.

-- Mia de Bethune

The NPI number is only an identification number assigned to you to help insurance companies, including but not exclusive to, Medicaid to find you and your verified credentialing quickly and easily so that they may determine if your credentials are something they offer reimbursement for. Its just easier to register and get a number than it is photocopy or send to a company copies of your documents, degrees, and credentials everytime a patient seeks reimbursement for out of network coverage.a Mac MPS, ATR-BC, LCATLicensed Creative Arts Therapistwww.artsinaction.homestead.com313 E.92nd. St.

#2WNew York, NY 10128

>>> Barbara 'Basia' Mosinski, LCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFA>> has announced the opening of her Private Practice>>>> 80 5th Ave (at 14th St., Union Square)>

> 917 703-3414>> basia_mosinski@ hotmail.com

>>>> She is now accepting new clients and referrals.>> Her experience is in the treatment of grief, loss, trauma, and issues> related to them such as, anxiety and depression. Basia works with adults,

> children, and their families in her practice where she utilizes> traditional art therapy techniques as well as new media technologies.>> For more information: http://therapist. psychologytoday. com/57179

>> and http://mediaartsthe rapy.ning. com>

>>> Basia Mosinski is faculty at the School of Visual Arts where she teaches> graduate level Multicultural Issues in Art Therapy. Prior to moving to New> York she taught in the Film/Video/New Media Department at the School of the

> Art Institute of Chicago>> for many years.>>>>>>>>> Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

> MARKETPLACE> ____________ _________ _________ __> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format

> to Traditional> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe> Recent Activity>> Visit Your Group> Meditation and> Lovingkindness> A Yahoo! Group> to share and learn.

> Yahoo! Health> Asthma Triggers> How you can> identify them.> Sell Online> Start selling with> our award-winning> e-commerce tools.> .>>> ____________ _________ _________ __

> Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.>> -- nne , MPS, BSW

MARKETPLACE

-- Mia de Bethune

Barbara,

Why don't you write them and make a case for CAT's.

It may just be that no one has advocated on behalf of CAT's yet in this particular instance.

Respectfully,

Debbie Stone ADTR, LCAT

NYCCAT Board Member

congratulations Basia!!!! the best of luck to you.........Carol Ferrante Smuckler

In a message dated 12/4/2008 9:16:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mariannepatriciagmail writes:

Hi Basia,Congratulations on the opening of your private practice!!! I missseeing you at the NYCCAT board meetings, but I'm sure you're busythese days with these great things in the works for you.Keep in touch,nneOn Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Barbara Mosinski<liminalimagehotmail> wrote:>>> Barbara 'Basia' Mosinski, LCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFA>> has announced the opening of her Private Practice>>>> 80 5th Ave (at 14th St., Union Square)>> 917 703-3414>> basia_mosinskihotmail>>>> She is now accepting new clients and referrals.>> Her experience is in the treatment of grief, loss, trauma, and issues> related to them such as, anxiety and depression. Basia works with adults,> children, and their families in her practice where she utilizes> traditional art therapy techniques as well as new media technologies.>> For more information: http://therapist.psychologytoday.com/57179>> and http://mediaartstherapy.ning.com>>>> Basia Mosinski is faculty at the School of Visual Arts where she teaches> graduate level Multicultural Issues in Art Therapy. Prior to moving to New> York she taught in the Film/Video/New Media Department at the School of the> Art Institute of Chicago>> for many years.>>>>>>>>> Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar> MARKETPLACE> ________________________________> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format> to Traditional> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe> Recent Activity>> Visit Your Group> Meditation and> Lovingkindness> A Yahoo! Group> to share and learn.> Yahoo! Health> Asthma Triggers> How you can> identify them.> Sell Online> Start selling with> our award-winning> e-commerce tools.> .>>> ________________________________> Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.>> -- nne , MPS, BSW

MARKETPLACE

-- Mia de Bethune

Dear Debbie,I subsequently sent Jonathon Borah's excerpt of our scope of practice and asked Mr. or MS A075360 to please read and inform me as to why I am not allowed to assist veterans with my credential. I will forward any response back to this list serve. In the meantime, I am looking for (private practice) referrals and/or additional employment.Thank you for your response.Sincerely,Barbara 'Basia' MosinskiLCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFAhttp://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/57179www.mediaartstherapy.ning.comTo: NYCCAT From: debbiestone@...Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:33:30 -0500Subject: Re: RE: Private Practice Announcement

Barbara,

It may just be that no one has advocated on behalf of CAT's yet in this particular instance.

Respectfully,

Debbie Stone ADTR, LCAT

NYCCAT Board Member

congratulations Basia!!!! the best of luck to you.........Carol Ferrante Smuckler

In a message dated 12/4/2008 9:16:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mariannepatriciagmail writes:

Hi Basia,Congratulations on the opening of your private practice!!! I missseeing you at the NYCCAT board meetings, but I'm sure you're busythese days with these great things in the works for you.Keep in touch,nneOn Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Barbara Mosinski<liminalimagehotmail> wrote:>>> Barbara 'Basia' Mosinski, LCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFA>> has announced the opening of her Private Practice>>>> 80 5th Ave (at 14th St., Union Square)>> 917 703-3414>> basia_mosinskihotmail>>>> She is now accepting new clients and referrals.>> Her experience is in the treatment of grief, loss, trauma, and issues> related to them such as, anxiety and depression. Basia works with adults,> children, and their families in her practice where she utilizes> traditional art therapy techniques as well as new media technologies.>> For more information: http://therapist.psychologytoday.com/57179>> and http://mediaartstherapy.ning.com>>>> Basia Mosinski is faculty at the School of Visual Arts where she teaches> graduate level Multicultural Issues in Art Therapy. Prior to moving to New> York she taught in the Film/Video/New Media Department at the School of the> Art Institute of Chicago>> for many years.>>>>>>>>> Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar> MARKETPLACE> ________________________________> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format> to Traditional> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe> Recent Activity>> Visit Your Group> Meditation and> Lovingkindness> A Yahoo! Group> to share and learn.> Yahoo! Health> Asthma Triggers> How you can> identify them.> Sell Online> Start selling with> our award-winning> e-commerce tools.> .>>> ________________________________> Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.>> -- nne , MPS, BSW

MARKETPLACE

-- Mia de Bethune

I think the credit belongs to someone else, I don't think it was me who provided a " scope of practice " for the group-jon

Dear Debbie,I subsequently sent Jonathon Borah's excerpt of our scope of practice and asked Mr. or MS A075360 to please read and inform me as to why I am not allowed to assist veterans with my credential. I will forward any response back to this list serve. In the meantime, I am looking for (private practice) referrals and/or additional employment.Thank you for your response.Sincerely,

Barbara 'Basia' MosinskiLCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFAhttp://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/57179www.mediaartstherapy.ning.com

To: NYCCAT From: debbiestone@...Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:33:30 -0500

Subject: Re: RE: Private Practice Announcement

Barbara,

Respectfully,

Debbie Stone ADTR, LCAT

NYCCAT Board Member

Hi Basia,Congratulations on the opening of your private practice!!! I missseeing you at the NYCCAT board meetings, but I'm sure you're busythese days with these great things in the works for you.Keep in touch,nne>>> Barbara 'Basia' Mosinski, LCAT, ATR-BC, MA, MFA>> has announced the opening of her Private Practice>>>> 80 5th Ave (at 14th St., Union Square)>> 917 703-3414>> basia_mosinski@...>

>>> She is now accepting new clients and referrals.>> Her experience is in the treatment of grief, loss, trauma, and issues> related to them such as, anxiety and depression. Basia works with adults,> children, and their families in her practice where she utilizes> traditional art therapy techniques as well as new media technologies.>> For more information: http://therapist.psychologytoday.com/57179>> and http://mediaartstherapy.ning.com>>>> Basia Mosinski is faculty at the School of Visual Arts where she teaches> graduate level Multicultural Issues in Art Therapy. Prior to moving to New> York she taught in the Film/Video/New Media Department at the School of the> Art Institute of Chicago>> for many years.>>>>>>>>> Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar> MARKETPLACE> ________________________________> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format> to Traditional> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe> Recent Activity>> Visit Your Group> Meditation and> Lovingkindness> A Yahoo! Group> to share and learn.> Yahoo! Health> Asthma Triggers> How you can> identify them.> Sell Online> Start selling with> our award-winning> e-commerce tools.> .>>> ________________________________> Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.>> -- nne , MPS, BSW

MARKETPLACE

-- Mia de Bethune