RemedySpot.com

Expressive Arts Training & Workshop

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Expressive Arts Friends,I'm very excited to invite you to study the expressive arts more fully and bring the joy of this work into your life. Our annual training program will start on January 11. This program is open to all who truly desire to deeply engage creative process and bring the arts more fully into their lives and practices. Also, I'm offering a free workshop this Saturday, 12/6, if you'd like to meet in person, ask questions and experience the expressive arts.I've provided information below. As always, I'm happy to chat if you have questions.Wishing you peace,Rebekah Rebekah Windmiller, MA, LCAT, REATDirector, nycExpressive Arts Studiowww.nycexpressivearts.com EXPRESSIVE ARTS TRAINING PROGRAM January - June 2009This 6-month training program is designed for individuals seeking to bring the arts more fully into their lives and practices. This training is open to professional in related fields (creative arts therapy, social work, social change advocates, educators and others), students wishing to earn credits toward a master's degree (European Graduate School) and those who desire to nurture their own creative life and growth. We are open to mature students from a wide variety of interests who find creative and unique ways in which the arts are employed in their thinking and daily practices.The ability to play and move lightly through difficult situations and joyfully ecstatic moments is at the root of expressive arts work. To help students become more comfortable in creative play, this course trains in all of the artistic modalities and the relationships between them, allowing students to attain a basic skill in the arts and their unique languages. This course also teaches foundational theories in phenomenology and guiding principles when facilitating a creative process with groups or individuals. Expressive arts training is designed to build on students’ strengths and resources, incorporate life experience and to use the arts as the impetus and source for an arts-based inquiry into pertinent questions and reflective thinking. Working in a small group, there are opportunities to learn from other group members, reading materials, lectures and experience in shaping works of arts.To learn more, contact Rebekah Windmiller, Director, nycExpressive Arts Studiorebekah@...Please join us for a Free workshop on Dec. 6 where you can experience expressive arts in practice and ask questions about the program.See below for further detail._____________________________________

INTRODUCTION TO EXPRESSIVE ARTS- A Free Workshop -Learn more about the unique work of interdisciplinary expressive arts in a free workshop at the nycExpressive Arts Studio. This workshop will give you direct experience in an expressive arts process including movement, visual art and poetry. Our work will be followed by a discussion and time for questions. There will also be time to learn about up-coming workshops and the January training program offered at the Studio. WHEN: Saturday, December 6 2:00 - 4:00pmWHERE: nycExpressive Arts Studio201 s St., Buzzer #5, Brooklyn______________________________ABOUT nycExpressive Arts StudioThe New York City Expressive Arts Studio (NYCEAS) is a community-based arts studio located in Red Hook, Brooklyn. We seek to help all people discover their innate creative voice through artistic play in dance, music, drama, poetry and visual art. We maintain that the arts are intrinsically related to everyday lived experience and that there is an elemental unity among the artistic disciplines that inform and deepen their relationships. By fully engaging in an unbounded artistic process, we can find meaningful ways to live with and respond to suffering and joy.Offering community workshops, individual sessions and professional training programs in expressive arts, NYCEAS provides an extra-ordinary environment in which we turn the predictable upside down and allow the imagination to do what it does best: surprise us with its wisdom._______________________________________What others have said:In Rebekah's workshop, I was amazed at my ability to attack the blank canvas/drawing paper without hesitation and to truly feel proud of my creation. Through movement and voice, I was able to feel grounded and to open the gates that block my creative flow. When I leave the studio I am strong in my body and creatively rejuvenated! This work has given me hope and inspiration! - Marsha Aliaga, Artist and Art Therapist_______________________________Visit our website: http://www.nycexpressivearts.com____________________To reserve your place, contact Rebekah Windmiller at or email: rebekah@..._________________________________________________Directions to nycEAS:PUBLIC TRANSPORTATIONA or F train to Jay St./Boro Hall in Brooklyn then take the B61 bus (going to Redhook) to Van Brunt and Coffey St. Cross over Van Brunt and walk along Coffey to s St. (1 block). ORR or F train to 4th Avenue. Catch B77 bus at 4th Ave & 9th Street to Van Dyke & s St.201 s is the big brick building on the corner. Use the glass doors. Buzzer #5.