RemedySpot.com

trying to complete my sentences....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

....I was trying to say more importantly for me at this point is to know how I NT think and what I can and cannot handle in others. No apologies, excuses or explanations. Just an awareness that I see the world through these eyes and need to know how they work. thanks ummee

Ummeee,

You have mentioned not being able to deal with certain things. What kinds of things are they? what can help? Here are a few of mine:

Sometimes, AS people cannot handle things, too, but for - likely - different reasons. One set of them are sensory issues. I still have a few, though not very many. Some are overload, and others are lack of perception. When I am interacting with people, I frequently find that I need to use cognitive skills to compensate for the fact that I do not pick up social cues all that well, and cannot read facial emotion terribly well, either. (I am improving, because I am practicing on software that helps a lot.) When I get tired, it is sudden, and I have to rest, or I will not be able to make sense, socially. I do not need long to recharge, but without a bit of down time, I literally canot carry on a converstion that carries the right depth where the people skills are concerned. I can stil do mathematics without difficulty, though- it is actually much easier for me. So, I need to get away for a few minutes,

close my eyes, and come back. I try to get enough sleep and eat enough protein 9these things help), and eat proper nutrition, but while it makes it better, it is not 100%.

What makes things much esier for me is understanding why people do the things they do. then, I am not solving difficult puzzles in having normal interactions, but just applying what I know- and this frees me up to use my energy for caring abou people, rather than having to work out what everyone means.

There is a whole other area that some of us have, too: lack of sensory input, or inadequate input. For example, if you give me a picture, I will not remember as much of it as a typical person will. Verbal descriptions, I remember quite well (far above average). It really helps when someone believes me, when I tell him or her that I do not know something, or do not remember. When the other person takes offense, and will not listen to the truth, then I cannot say anything to counter that (well, maybe I can-- I will have to learn how! Help would be great!).

Subject: trying to complete my sentences....To: aspires-relationships Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 7:30 PM

....I was trying to say more importantly for me at this point is to know how I NT think and what I can and cannot handle in others. No apologies, excuses or explanations. Just an awareness that I see the world through these eyes and need to know how they work.

thanks

ummee