RemedySpot.com

Vanitha this is long.......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi :

My kids are all doing well. I saw Larry and Cass for Thanksgiving briefly as my pipes are backed up and I was pumping buckets of water from my washer. lol Larry had come by earlier with drano gel that I had done 6 times + with hot water and no results + plunging lol. He even took the pipes apart under the sink. lol The clog is somewhere in the main line. I had put off hiring a plumber due to money and just found out yesterday since I lease it is not my reaponsibility under our state laws. :o)))))

I miss Sondra too. She is one of the wisest women I know. I think back in the old days we were all starting out on the learning curve and we had a "core" group of mixed nuts. We became a family as we all were posting almost daily sharing our lives and becoming an online family. We set the stage and tone for what became a very friendly, supportive and learning enviorment. Most of us at that time tagged our post with statements like, "that was an idiom meaning.... or that was just ME being scaracstic which is a form of humor. I don't want to really kill Larry it is just a figurw of speech. lol

Like familes often do we had our share of ups and downs and a few laughs AND tears along the way. When shut down the FEAT server and we went back to YAHOO we lost members but also gain daily. We also lost all of our archeives that I have that could not transfer back to the YAHOO server. I swear there must be 7 Best Sellers right there. <wink>

Life is what it is and it continues to move FF with or without "us." Change is inevitable. Change is hard for many of us, AS or not. BUT, life tends to go on....... with us or without us.

Folks now seeking suport have a zillion avenues to explore. Years ago we had few. We now have a community that is a big voting block and a political body that has a strong voice thanks to many who kicked down the door we now gracefully walk through. We don't always agree, but now we have a voice. The first 3 vaccine cases are scheduled to be decided in the next 60 days. Over 3,000 research articles were said to be given from both sides. Win or lose we win just for being at the table and and asking the tough questions, why and how can we help?

Regardless of any agreement on what ASD is or isn't I think both sides agree we need money for support and services and to play to their strengths and make sure all folks with an ASD regardless of age get the support they need to live a productive life. That has been the heart and soul to the advocacy movement.

Just me.

"It takes one to lead, one to affect change and one to make a difference. The power of "one!"