RemedySpot.com

Firing Up The Image - Expressive Arts Workshop

Rate this topic

Guest guest

FIRING UP THE IMAGE:MOVING BODIES, MOVING IMAGES in EXPRESSIVE ARTSwith Rebekah WindmillerDear Expressive Arts Friends,Last August I offered a workshop called FIRING UP THE IMAGE. We were in the heat of summer's ending and it seemed an appropriate theme to get our creative embers sparking by sweating and working hard in the studio. The results were amazing! Rich, luscious images, grounded bodies and relaxed, refreshed minds emerged from our work. It was a truly incredible weekend. Now, in the frozen days of winter, I wonder if your creative fires need warming-up? If you're feeling chilly and need to melt into the beauty of creation during the dark days of winter, come and spark your creativity with us on January 17.I want to invite you FIRING UP THE IMAGE, a workshop where you can melt into the images and movements that are living in your body and soul. In this workshop we will spend the day immersed in an expressive arts process of painting, all informed and inspired by our moving bodies. This means that you will be gently guided into your own uniquely free expression as you get grounded in your body, and then have fun playing with pastels, crayons, paper and paint. Not only will you create an original large-scale artwork, you will also improvise with your entire body as you work up and down the painting's surface. During this process, you will be supported and encouraged by others as we periodically step back and dance the images that have arisen, allowing our moving bodies to simultaneously absorb and reflect the artwork. Finally, as our work is shared, we offer poetic responses and blessings to each other as we carry these images, full of wisdom, into our lives and learning.I really want this workshop to be rich and moving for all, therefore, I am putting together a special group of people. To make sure that this happens, I am inviting only those (like yourself!) who are familiar with the expressive arts or comfortable in a creative process. I expect a group that can easily enter into play and exploration which makes for a powerful experience for all. You will be supported with care, yet pushed to move beyond the comfortable within this particular group. FIRING UP THE IMAGE is a great way reconnect with beauty, play and the inexpressible impact of a group creative process. The workshop with Rebekah helped me to delve into parts of myself I was not aware existed or had not been noticing lately. Rebekah created a safe, open space for each member of the group to explore movement, painting, drawing, and poetry. The effects of the experience have lasted days after the workshop as I feel more grounded, more patient and inspired at work, and have felt my own creative stirrings return. I felt truly nourished. Vaden, Art TherapistThe workshop fee is $150. I understand that this may be difficult for you in the current economic environment so I encourage you to bring a creative friend with you. When you do this, the fee is only $200 for both of you (you can divide it up however you like). I hope to see you sparking your images and melting into your body's deep sense of knowing on January 17!About Rebekah Windmiller:Rebekah Windmiller has danced for over 25 years, worked in visual arts for 12 years and keeps a poetry journal. She taught herself to sing and loves to help others teach themselves to trust the creative impulse. Rebekah understands that creativity can be a fearful place yet it longs to be recognized. She believes that all human beings are deeply creative and she has witnessed dozens of people move beyond their fear into the freedom of artistic play through the expressive arts. As an expressive arts therapist, Rebekah has worked with hundreds of people suffering from mental illness and addiction. She is the director of nycExpressive Arts studio where she teaches workshops, trains Master's level students and professionals in the arts, healing and creative development.WHERE: nycExpressive Arts Studio201 s Street, Buzzer #5Brooklyn, NY(see below for directions)FREE Shuttle to the subway at the end of the workshop!WHEN: Saturday, January 1710am-6pmFEE: $150Bring a friend and you pay $200 for both!Make checks payable to "Rebekah Windmiller"Mail to: 201 s Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231TO REGISTER: Reply to this email verifying your interest. Mail a check to reserve your spot!