RemedySpot.com

Adam my hero

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just had to share with you all what my son and hero did today. I was sitting at my PC reading every-ones posts and trying hard to catch up. At 12.07pm my heart started palpitating, Adam knows i need to use my blood pressure machine which also takes a reading of my pulse when this happens. 15 minutes later he's helping me interact with the advisers on NHS Direct who sent the rapid response, all the time Adam is phoning his sister and dad telling them what is going on and at the same time gathering my stuff, his train magazines, packing my bag with bottled water , snacks and my bra!!! he was as cool as a cucumber and took everything in his stride. Then when the ambulance arrived to take over he gathered all our stuff remembered to check the back door was locked picked up my keys from

the hook and locked the front door after us. I was given 2 shots(6+12mg) of Adenosine to stop/restart/regulate my heart rhythm with had been 198bpm for 90mins+, that had to be the worst moment of my life, i really thought 'this was it'. My husband arrived at the hospital and Adam was able to recall and retell him everything that went on. I am shocked to the core that Adam had behaved in this way. I couldn't even begin to tell you how proud of him i am and what a hero!!! Not only did he take control over what was happening he also took control over his dad, and he's only 13.

Elaine A very proud mum