RemedySpot.com

Fighting Fair- Examples of Unfair fighting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Fighting unfairly- examples

constantly cutting someone off from being able to finish a point..not really listening to what the person is trying to say

walking out of a room because you don't want to answer a question

saying I don't know..to every question asked

after trying to see both sides...the one person presents a point of view and then tries to reiterate the other persons...the other person objects to both points of view but doesn't present one of their own

using sarcasm, arrogance

excessively raising voice...to a point of "yelling"

stating that something that was an accident was intentional and dwelling upon it

cutting a person off because she said $3 instead of $2.95 and then losing the whole point of the conversation...constantly correcting minor things...to not look at the bigger picture

saying your sorry for an action...and then repeating the same action over and over and over again (actions like going out drinking most nites, leaving the house without any type of statement as to where you are going or what you will be doing, or when you will be back)

giving only partial information.....I consider this being misleading and lying by ommission (allowing your partner to give full disclosure and you keep your cards to your chest)

i always try to confront a situation where i think my partner may feel uncomfortable, tell him in advance and try to explain why i want to do something

he does it without any type of trying to tell me...does what he wants when he wants with whom he wants where he wants and doesn't consider my feelings..or if he does...automatically assumes my response..so no forwarning..only actions on his part

not recognizing the difference between this

manipulation...acting like something is for the good of us...when really it is just a way to get what he wants...acting like he had no choice in the matter when really he did...not giving the real reasons for actions or thoughts...

i am way too honest...way to forthright...and i will always be...totally ingrained in me...know that sometimes what i think or what i may want to do may cause some distress but feel it is better to try to talk it through up front...

even after the fact...i can't hide and won't what i think i may have done wrong..and will say it..or maybe some circumstance ....this is never reciprocated

basically i think it is just his actions..that it is his way or no way...no ability to compromise..feels that if he does..he loses...doesn't see win win situation to meeting halfway

and if anyone doesn't do whatever it is exactly his way...you become an enemy...or someone he perceives is stupid, critical, whatever

probably more

basically never being able to take responsibility for his actions...has to blame someone else, usually me... after a bit...i get angry..so rather than focus on what it was to create my anger..the focus becomes JUST on my anger

when i come up with suggestions for improvement to whatever situation...no no no to every suggestion..when i ask for examples of improvement from him...no reply..i don't know...haven't thought about it (these phrases resonate in my head)

does any of this ring any bells?