RemedySpot.com

other examples

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Taking things to the extreme...not giving the other person a break.making the persons suggestion or statements come back to haunt you...punishing actions..

1. He used to leave papers, clippings, coupons, magazines, whatever all ove the house...

I said, Honey, can you pick up after yourself. Your stuff is all over the house.. Eventually i would start gathering it up, and neatly placing it in piles on his bed, or in his room

If I had ever found a stray coffee cup or a stray whatever I would put it away

Now he might see something I accidentally left out..like a coffee cup, and rather than putting it in the dishwasher, he places one of his right next to it

Another example...we bought a small set of wooden TV trays to use while watching TV. He said , well where are we going to put them..I said in the hallway near the front door...We never use the hallway. It is by the entrance and right outside of his bedroom. He had two doors to his bedroom. My bedroom is way at the other end of the house.

2. If I leave a magazine, a thermos, or something else by the front door because I intend to take it with me in the morning..I find that it is in my bedroom

3. I had a plumber come to give us a bid on a half bath...to use the wasted space of that hallway one day. In order for the plumber to measure the space I moved the TV trays into his bedroom. I forgot to move them back. When I got home that nite, the TV trays were in my bedroom. I thought...my god...what is wrong with him. Coulnd't he think past that and understand what I did. He had to move them 30 feet to my bedroom, when he could have put them in the hallway one foot away. Basically always thinking I am out to get him

4. It always amazes me at the efforts he can use to "get back at me"...when if he would just work with me..try to make me comfortable..as I tried to do with him, the efforts might be similar, but we may be happy

5. Why can he just see what he wants to see that someone is out to get him

6. Why can't he use that same effort to see the small things I may do to try to comfort him. and why can't he make those efforts...back...and instead comes up with the ways to hurt