RemedySpot.com

Why does he do it?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all, i have a query! my son Adam(now 14) is very sensitive to certain types of music. His dad is very aware of this and will even talk about this with Adam's psychologist, sounding as though he is sympathetic and understanding towards him. Why oh why then does he ignore this fact when it suites him? he is driving me to the edge of reason. Hubby likes certain 'pop' songs which Adam absolutely hates, if hubby plays these certain songs Adam will kick off instantly, and turns into a maniac, literally! I end up trying to keep Adam from yanking plugs out of the wall and kicking the stereo, and hubby? he continues to listen to these stupid bloody songs while all around him is chaos and at times even has a smile on his face. Now i am not a violent person but when he does this i just want to

punch his lights out, strong words i know but personally i think putting his son through this is cruel, while he just thinks Adam should and would get used to the songs. Perfect example, Tuesday and again today hubby played a song Adam hates, Adam comes home from school on his mini bus at around 3.30pm, hubby started playing this song at 3.25pm and had it on auto repeat, i warned him to make sure it was off BEFORE Adam walked through the door but as usual he ignored me, sorry to say Adam called him a "torturous prick". Then again toady he started playing the same song at 3.27pm, he played it 5 times before the bus pulled up which was a couple of minutes late today, but instead of turning the song off he reduced the volume so i shouted "turn it off" which granted he did do but then started singing the bloody song!!!. This may sound like a small problem but believe me it is causing arguments daily here, i am trying so, so hard to reasonable and fair

but I'm really losing my patience now. Why does he do this? and why does he shout his mouth off at me when i ask/tell him his behaviour is unreasonable? why does he try and act the "i won't be spoken to like that" father when he is responsible for all the stress in the first place? help me out guys please, I'm at the end of my tether here.

Elaine (stressed out mum who dearly wishes she wasn't allergic to alcohol)