RemedySpot.com

Re: how to make space for us

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The state's concern was to protect the consumer from unlicensed people. It has left reimbursement up to the individual insurance companies. This was clear from early on.

Reminder - Dec 7th NYC Holiday SocialTo: "NADT" <LISTSERVLISTSERV (DOT) KSU.EDU>, "NYCCATlistserve" <NYCCAT@yahoogroups . com>, tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com, "NYU" <nyudramatherapy@ yahoo.com>Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 1:02 PMJust a friendly reminder about our upcoming Chapter meeting...Happy Thansgiving!PLEASE JOIN US...NADT's Tri-State Chapter invites you to attend our annual Holiday Social!Sunday, December 75:30pm-8:30pm35 West 4th StreetRoom 303We invite you to reflect on the past year look forward to 2009 among friends and colleagues. Refreshments will be provided - and please feel free to bring your favorite holiday treat to share!RSVP is encouraged (but not necessary) - tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. comWe look forward to seeing you at the social!TRI-STATE CHAPTER Gaines, RDT, LCAT, MA, PresidentMark Beauregard, RDT, LCAT, MA, Vice President Peller, RDT, MA Recording SecretaryMeredith Dean, MA, Corresponding Secretary Rees, RDT, MA, TreasurerChloe Lara-Russack, Student Representative Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (4) Recent Activitya.. 1 New FilesVisit Your Group Meditation andLovingkindnessA Yahoo! Groupto share and learn.Yahoo! HealthAsthma TriggersHow you canidentify them.Share PhotosPut your favoritephotos andmore online.Need to Reply?Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar MARKETPLACE------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3)

3a.

Art made by the mentally ill

Posted by: "AlliHurAOL (DOT) COM" AlliHurAOL (DOT) COM allihur

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 pm (PST)

Also, you might want to look at _http://www.freshart nyc.org/_ (http://www.freshart nyc.org/) The mission of fresh art, a non-profit organization, is to provide expanded artistic, personal development, and entrepreneurial opportunities to New York City artists with special needs. We are also dedicated to enhancing public awareness of these artists' talents and concerns, their agencies' work, and on the use of art as a tool for healing, growth, and positive changeBest-- Hurwitz, LPC, MSW, MA, ATR************ **Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & icid= aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolco m00000002)

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (9)

Responding to Member Questions

Posted by: "brianamacwilliam" brianamacwilliam brianamacwilliam

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm (PST)

To the Membership,Last week I introduced myself as a new member of the NYCCAT Board andindicated that I would bring before the board questions I have notedon the list serve and indicate on the list serve the board's input. Indeed these questions were addressed, and there was much to be said.Currently I am drafting a comprehensive "report" of what wasdiscussed, and once completed and approved by the board members, Iwill share it with the membership.Thank you for your patience.Hope everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday weekend.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

Recent Activity

New FilesVisit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

MARKETPLACE

From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Hi there. I was in on the efforts to carve out a LCAT years ago. NY State is quite different from other states in that mental health counselors had never been licensed here before. For years the state only certified MSWs, and so they were the only ones being hired for clinical positions (along with PhD psychologists who WERE licensed). CATs joined with LMHCs, MFTs, and psychoanalysts to gain licensure. I do not think it has been easy for the brand new LMHCs or MFTs or LPs to immediately get lines created, jobs, and insurance reimbursement either. I am not sure if we are still in working relationships with these groups (when we were working towards licensure we did it together, as the Joint Council for Mental Health Professions), but perhaps those who are interested should contact NYCCAT and form a committee to open lines of communication and work together with these other groups.

And, FWIW, my clients get reimbursed from most insurance companies when submitting my invoices with my NY State LCAT number.

Best,

Kim

Kim Galway, LCAT, RDT-BCT

Creative Therapy and Learning Center

www.creativetherapykids.com

CONFIDENTIAL OR PRIVILEGED: This communication contains information intended only for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from other disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclo

sure, printing, copying, distribution or use of the contents is prohibited. if you have received this in error, please notify the sender by telephone or by returning it via reply email and then permanently deleting the communication form your system. Thank you.

The state's concern was to protect the consumer from unlicensed people. It has left reimbursement up to the individual insurance companies. This was clear from early on.

Reminder - Dec 7th NYC Holiday Social

To: "NADT" <LISTSERVLISTSERV (DOT) KSU.EDU>, "NYCCATlistserve" <NYCCAT@yahoogroups . com>, tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com, "NYU" <nyudramatherapy@ yahoo.com>

Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 1:02 PM

Just a friendly reminder about our upcoming Chapter meeting...Happy Thansgiving!

PLEASE JOIN US...

NADT's Tri-State Chapter invites you to attend

our annual Holiday Social!

Sunday, December 7

5:30pm-8:30pm

35 West 4th Street

Room 303

We invite you to reflect on the past year look forward to 2009

among friends and colleagues.

Refreshments will be provided -

and please feel free to bring your favorite holiday treat to share!

RSVP is encouraged (but not necessary) - tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com

We look forward to seeing you at the social!

TRI-STATE CHAPTER

Gaines, RDT, LCAT, MA, President

Mark Beauregard, RDT, LCAT, MA, Vice President

Peller, RDT, MA Recording Secretary

Meredith Dean, MA, Corresponding Secretary

Rees, RDT, MA, Treasurer

Chloe Lara-Russack, Student Representative

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

Messages in this topic (4)

Recent Activity

a.. 1 New Files

Visit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Asthma Triggers

How you can

identify them.

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

MARKETPLACE

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Change settings via=2

0the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional

Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Messages in this topic (3)

3a.

Also, you might want to look at _http://www.freshart nyc.org/_

(http://www.freshart nyc.org/)

The mission of fresh art, a non-profit organization, is to provide expanded

artistic, personal development, and entrepreneurial opportunities to New York

City artists with special needs. We are also dedicated to enhancing public

awareness of these artists' talents and concerns, their agencies' work, and on

the use of art as a tool for healing, growth, and positive change

Best--

Hurwitz, LPC, MSW, MA, ATR

************ **Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW

AOL.com.

(http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & icid= aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolco m00000002)

Messages in this topic (9)

To the Membership,

Last week I introduced myself as a new member of the NYCCAT Board and

indicated that I would bring before the board questions I have noted

on the list serve and indicate on the list serve the board's input.

Indeed these questions were addressed, and there was much to be said.

Currently I am drafting a comprehensive "report" of wha

t was

discussed, and once completed and approved by the board members, I

will share it with the membership.Thank you for your patience.

Hope everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday weekend.

Messages in this topic (1)

Recent Activity

New

Files

Visit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Need to Reply?

MARKETPLACE

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

Dear Kim,

Which insurance companies are your clients submitting to? Walters

Reminder - Dec 7th NYC Holiday SocialTo: "NADT" <LISTSERVLISTSERV (DOT) KSU.EDU>, "NYCCATlistserve" <NYCCAT@yahoogroups . com>, tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com, "NYU" <nyudramatherapy@ yahoo.com>Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 1:02 PMJust a friendly reminder about our upcoming Chapter meeting...Happy Thansgiving!PLEASE JOIN US...NADT's Tri-State Chapter invites you to attend our annual Holiday Social!Sunday, December 75:30pm-8:30pm35 West 4th Street Room 303We invite you to reflect on the past year look forward to 2009 among friends and colleagues. Refreshments will be provided - and please feel free to bring your favorite holiday treat to share!RSVP is encouraged (but not necessary) - tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. comWe look forward to seeing you at the social!TRI-STATE CHAPTER Gaines, RDT, LCAT, MA, PresidentMark Beauregard, RDT, LCAT, MA, Vice President Peller, RDT, MA Recording SecretaryMeredith Dean, MA, Corresponding Secretary Rees, RDT, MA, TreasurerChloe Lara-Russack, Student Representative Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (4) Recent Activitya.. 1 New FilesVisit Your Group Meditation andLovingkindnessA Yahoo! Groupto share and learn.Yahoo! HealthAsthma TriggersHow you canidentify them.Share PhotosPut your favoritephotos andmore online.Need to Reply?Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar MARKETPLACE------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods Change settings via=2 0the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3)

3a.

Also, you might want to look at _http://www.freshart nyc.org/_ (http://www.freshart nyc.org/) The mission of fresh art, a non-profit organization, is to provide expanded artistic, personal development, and entrepreneurial opportunities to New York City artists with special needs. We are also dedicated to enhancing public awareness of these artists' talents and concerns, their agencies' work, and on the use of art as a tool for healing, growth, and positive changeBest-- Hurwitz, LPC, MSW, MA, ATR************ **Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & icid= aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolco m00000002)

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (9)

To the Membership,Last week I introduced myself as a new member of the NYCCAT Board andindicated that I would bring before the board questions I have notedon the list serve and indicate on the list serve the board's input. Indeed these questions were addressed, and there was much to be said.Currently I am drafting a comprehensive "report" of wha t wasdiscussed, and once completed and approved by the board members, Iwill share it with the membership.Thank you for your patience.Hope everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday weekend.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

Recent Activity

New FilesVisit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Need to Reply?

MARKETPLACE

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.

Clients have been reimbursed by Aetna, Cigna, and Oxford that I know of. I have actually been paid directly by Aetna as well, my client just signed an assignment form. I know Empire BCBS denied a client -- but I do think some LCATs have contacted Empiore and are trying to get that resolved. There has been some discussion about this in this e-mail group, I believe. Maybe you can backchannel and look for the posts on it.

Kim Galway, LCAT, RDT-BCT

Creative Therapy and Learning Center

www.creativetherapykids.com

CONFIDENTIAL OR PRIVILEGED: This communication contains information intended only for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from other disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution or use of the contents is prohibited. if you have received this in error, please notify the sender by telephone or by returning it via reply email and then permanently deleting the communication form your system. Thank you.

Dear Kim,

Which insurance companies are your clients submitting to?

Walters

Reminder - Dec 7th NYC Holiday Social

To: "NADT" <LISTSERVLISTSERV (DOT) KSU.EDU>, "NYCCATlistserve" <NYCCAT@yahoogroups . com>, tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com, "NYU" <nyudramatherapy@ yahoo.com>

Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 1:02 PM

Just a friendly reminder about our upcoming Chapter meeting...Happy Thansgiving!

PLEASE JOIN US...

NADT's Tri-State Chapter invites you to attend

our annual Holiday Social!

Sunday, December 7

5:30pm-8:30pm

35 West 4th Street

Room 303

We invite you to reflect on the past year look forward to 2009

among friends and colleagues.

Refreshments will be provided -

and please feel free to bring your favorite holiday treat to share!

RSVP is encouraged (but not necessary) - tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com

We look forward to seeing you at the social!

TRI-STATE CHAPTER

Gaines, RDT, LCAT, MA, President

Mark Beauregard, RDT, LCAT, MA, Vice President

Peller, RDT, MA Recording Secretary

Meredith Dean, MA, Corresponding Secretary

Rees, RDT, MA, Treasurer

Chloe Lara-Russack, Stude

nt Representative

Messages in this topic (4)

Recent Activity

a.. 1 New Files

Visit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Asthma Triggers

How you can

identify them.

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Need to Reply?

MARKETPLACE

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Change settings via=2 0the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

Reply to sender | Rep

ly to group | Reply via web post

Messages in this topic (3)

3a.

Also, you might want to look at _http://www.freshart nyc.org/_

(http://www.freshart nyc.org/)

The mission of fresh art, a non-profit organization, is to provide expanded

artistic, personal development, and entrepreneurial opportunities to New York

City artists with special needs. We are also dedicated to enhancing public

awareness of these artists' talents and concerns, their agencies' work, and on

the use of art as a tool for healing, growth, and positive change

Best--

Hurwitz, LPC, MSW, MA, ATR

************ **Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW

AOL.com.

(http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & icid= aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolco m00000002)

Messages in this topic (9)

To the Membership,

Last week I introduced myself as a new member of the NYCCAT Board and

indicated that I would bring before the board questions I have noted

on the list serve and indicate on the list serve the board's input.

Indeed these questions were addressed, and there was much to be said.

Currently I am drafting a comprehensive "report" of wha t was

discussed, and once completed and approved by the board members, I

will share it with the membership.Thank you for your patience.

Hope everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday weekend.

Reply to sender | Reply to group / A>| Reply via web post

Messages in this topic (1)

Recent Activity

New Files

Visit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Need to Reply?

MARKETPLACE

0A

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

Another aspect of this quandary is the position many of us have found ourselves

in if we

are unable to pay for the supervision required to attain more alphabet soup. If

the

graduate programs begin to combine their focus...probably wise...will those of

us already

out here be able to work,or will we be required to take additional graduate

courses?

I think my biggest concern about all of this is that since we seem headed

towards folding

ourselves into counseling/mental health titles,we will likely not pursue

protecting the

titles associated with creative arts therapies. This will only leave room for

increased

fraudulent use of the terms within the profession of counseling and mental

health. Is it

legal for people to identify themselves as psychologists or counselors without

the

credentials or is it only illegal to identify oneself as a PhD or LPC without

the credentials? I

am trying to understand what the legal issues are and why art therapists don't

seem to

have the same legal protections as other professionals. Any insight would be

great.

Thanks.

>

> From: Tri-State Chapter <tristatechapter@ yahoo.com>

> Subject: Reminder - Dec 7th NYC Holiday Social

> To: " NADT " <LISTSERVLISTSERV (DOT) KSU.EDU>, " NYCCATlistserve "

<NYCCAT@yahoogroups . com>, tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com, " NYU "

<nyudramatherapy@ yahoo.com>

> Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 1:02 PM

>

> Just a friendly reminder about our upcoming Chapter meeting...Happy

Thansgiving!

>

> PLEASE JOIN US...

>

> NADT's Tri-State Chapter invites you to attend

> our annual Holiday Social!

>

> Sunday, December 7

> 5:30pm-8:30pm

> 35 West 4th Street

> Room 303

>

> We invite you to reflect on the past year look forward to 2009

> among friends and colleagues.

>

> Refreshments will be provided -

> and please feel free to bring your favorite holiday treat to share!

>

> RSVP is encouraged (but not necessary) - tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com

>

> We look forward to seeing you at the social!

>

> TRI-STATE CHAPTER

> Gaines, RDT, LCAT, MA, President

> Mark Beauregard, RDT, LCAT, MA, Vice President

> Peller, RDT, MA Recording Secretary

> Meredith Dean, MA, Corresponding Secretary

> Rees, RDT, MA, Treasurer

> Chloe Lara-Russack, Student Representative

>

> Back to top

> Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

> Messages in this topic (4)

> Recent Activity

> a.. 1 New Files

> Visit Your Group

> Meditation and

> Lovingkindness

>

> A Yahoo! Group

>

> to share and learn.

>

> Yahoo! Health

> Asthma Triggers

>

> How you can

>

> identify them.

>

> Share Photos

> Put your favorite

>

> photos and

>

> more online.

>

> Need to Reply?

> Click one of the " Reply " links to respond to a specific message in the Daily

Digest.

>

> Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

> MARKETPLACE

>

> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

>

> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to

Traditional

> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

>

>

>

> Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

> Messages in this topic (3)

> 3a.

> Art made by the mentally ill

> Posted by: " AlliHur@... " AlliHur@... allihur

> Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 pm (PST)

> Also, you might want to look at _http://www.freshart nyc.org/_

> (http://www.freshart nyc.org/)

>

> The mission of fresh art, a non-profit organization, is to provide expanded

> artistic, personal development, and entrepreneurial opportunities to New York

> City artists with special needs. We are also dedicated to enhancing public

> awareness of these artists' talents and concerns, their agencies' work, and

on

> the use of art as a tool for healing, growth, and positive change

>

> Best--

> Hurwitz, LPC, MSW, MA, ATR

>

> ************ **Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW

> AOL.com.

> (http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & icid= aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolco

m00000002)

>

> Messages in this topic (9)

> 4.

> Responding to Member Questions

> Posted by: " brianamacwilliam " brianamacwilliam@... brianamacwilliam

> Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm (PST)

> To the Membership,

>

> Last week I introduced myself as a new member of the NYCCAT Board and

> indicated that I would bring before the board questions I have noted

> on the list serve and indicate on the list serve the board's input.

>

> Indeed these questions were addressed, and there was much to be said.

> Currently I am drafting a comprehensive " report " of what was

> discussed, and once completed and approved by the board members, I

> will share it with the membership.Thank you for your patience.

>

> Hope everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday weekend.

>

>

> Messages in this topic (1)

> Recent Activity

> * 1

> New FilesVisit Your Group

> Meditation and

> Lovingkindness

> A Yahoo! Group

> to share and learn.

> Yahoo! Health

> Achy Joint?

> Common arthritis

> myths debunked.

> Drive Traffic

> Sponsored Search

> can help increase

> your site traffic.

> Need to Reply?

> Click one of the " Reply " links to respond to a specific message in the Daily

Digest.

> Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

> Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

> MARKETPLACE

>

> ________________________________

> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

>

> Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to

Traditional

> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

>

Hm. I was a little confused about what you were asking, are you from MA?

Anyway this is my input...

Creative Art therapists are considered mental health professionals in the state of New York. Their license title is the same as their modality of practice. Just as licensed psychologists practice psychology, Licensed creative arts therapists practice creative arts therapy.There is no danger of being "folded" into another profession's title, the recent legislation was engineered to ensure this. One may not legally practice art therapy, unless they have a permit or license to do so, in the state of new york. It is a consumer protection law, and it protects our professional identity and validifies the long hours of training and student loans that go into learning and practicing this wonderful model of psychotherapy. Our training is highly specialized and I personally believe should be acknowledged legally and monetarily as such.

However this has also been the source of many a creative art therpist's chargrin, in the face of now having to deal with the transition into and enforcement of the new legislation, as interpreted by Hamilton. In the wake of the passing of this legislation settings which previously did not identify themselves as practicing mental health services, but had art therapy programs, are now considered ineligible places to practice (because NOW art therapy IS considered to be providing mental health services).This means that many settings and institutions have to catch up with thier necessary licensing, or change their programs. It also makes it harder for newly graduated students to find "eligible" settings to earn hours towards their licenses. To accomodate for this the state has deemed some settings "exempt" until 2010, but after that, unless they have the necessary license, they may be in the same boat as these other settings

(such as non-profits with 501© 3 charters, etc.)

Hope that helps. Otherwise visit the website where all of this info is posted in its official form,

http://www.op.nysed.gov/proflist.htm

This is really your best source of info.a Mac MPS, ATR-BC, LCATLicensed Creative Arts Therapist

NYCCAT Board Memberwww.artsinaction.homestead.com313 E.92nd. St. #2WNew York, NY 10128

Subject: Re: how to make space for usTo: NYCCAT Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 1:09 PM

Another aspect of this quandary is the position many of us have found ourselves in if we are unable to pay for the supervision required to attain more alphabet soup. If the graduate programs begin to combine their focus...probably wise...will those of us already out here be able to work,or will we be required to take additional graduate courses?I think my biggest concern about all of this is that since we seem headed towards folding ourselves into counseling/mental health titles,we will likely not pursue protecting the titles associated with creative arts therapies. This will only leave room for increased fraudulent use of the terms within the profession of counseling and mental health. Is it legal for people to identify themselves as psychologists or counselors without the credentials or is it only illegal to identify oneself as a PhD or LPC without the credentials? I am trying to understand what the legal

issues are and why art therapists don't seem to have the same legal protections as other professionals. Any insight would be great. Thanks.> > From: Tri-State Chapter <tristatechapter@ yahoo.com>> Subject: Reminder - Dec 7th NYC Holiday Social> To: "NADT" <LISTSERVLISTSERV (DOT) KSU.EDU>, "NYCCATlistserve" <NYCCAT@yahoogroups . com>, tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com, "NYU" <nyudramatherapy@ yahoo.com>> Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 1:02 PM> > Just a friendly reminder about our upcoming Chapter meeting...Happy Thansgiving!> > PLEASE JOIN US...> > NADT's Tri-State Chapter invites you to attend > our annual Holiday Social!> > Sunday, December 7> 5:30pm-8:30pm> 35 West 4th Street> Room

303> > We invite you to reflect on the past year look forward to 2009 > among friends and colleagues. > > Refreshments will be provided - > and please feel free to bring your favorite holiday treat to share!> > RSVP is encouraged (but not necessary) - tristatechapter@ yahoogroups. com> > We look forward to seeing you at the social!> > TRI-STATE CHAPTER> Gaines, RDT, LCAT, MA, President> Mark Beauregard, RDT, LCAT, MA, Vice President> Peller, RDT, MA Recording Secretary> Meredith Dean, MA, Corresponding Secretary> Rees, RDT, MA, Treasurer> Chloe Lara-Russack, Student Representative > > Back to top > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post > Messages in this topic (4) > Recent Activity> a.. 1 New Files> Visit Your Group > Meditation

and> Lovingkindness> > A Yahoo! Group> > to share and learn.> > Yahoo! Health> Asthma Triggers> > How you can> > identify them.> > Share Photos> Put your favorite> > photos and> > more online.> > Need to Reply?> Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.> > Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar > MARKETPLACE> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods > > Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional > Visit Your

Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe > > > > Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post > Messages in this topic (3) > 3a. > Art made by the mentally ill > Posted by: "AlliHur@... " AlliHur@... allihur > Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 pm (PST) > Also, you might want to look at _http://www.freshart nyc.org/_ > (http://www.freshart nyc.org/) > > The mission of fresh art, a non-profit organization, is to provide expanded > artistic, personal development, and entrepreneurial opportunities to New York > City artists with special needs. We are also dedicated to enhancing public > awareness of these artists' talents and concerns, their agencies' work, and on > the use of art as a tool for

healing, growth, and positive change> > Best--> Hurwitz, LPC, MSW, MA, ATR> > ************ **Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW > AOL.com. > (http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & icid= aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolco m00000002)> > Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post > Messages in this topic (9) > 4. > Responding to Member Questions > Posted by: "brianamacwilliam" brianamacwilliam@ ... brianamacwilliam > Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm (PST) > To the Membership,> > Last week I introduced myself as a new member of the NYCCAT Board and> indicated that I would bring before the board questions I have noted> on the list serve and indicate on the list serve the board's input. > > Indeed these

questions were addressed, and there was much to be said.> Currently I am drafting a comprehensive "report" of what was> discussed, and once completed and approved by the board members, I> will share it with the membership.Thank you for your patience.> > Hope everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday weekend.> > > Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post > Messages in this topic (1) > Recent Activity> * 1 > New FilesVisit Your Group > Meditation and> Lovingkindness> A Yahoo! Group> to share and learn.> Yahoo! Health> Achy Joint?> Common arthritis> myths debunked.> Drive Traffic> Sponsored Search> can help increase> your site traffic.> Need to Reply?> Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.> Create New

Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar > MARKETPLACE> > ____________ _________ _________ __> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods > > Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional > Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe>