RemedySpot.com

The Autism Reform Act of 2009

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bill

Who is ? He is a tireless advocate whose office has provided pro bono advocacy for families in 50 states for years. His autistic son if I remember correctly is younger than mine. He started out in California with the Office of Advocacy for Autiistic Children and then moved to Hawaii. The last time I had any contact his health was in question. Apparently he is back.

He introduced legislation years ago in California that captured the attention of many politicians and it looks like he is making another run for it. This is all over autism blogs. I agree it is written poorly. How, why, when and where? Be specific. What are you asking for, how do you propose paying for it and who is going to do the training have been key notes with previous autism legislation that has failed. I am not supporting this just giving you some background on him.

You raised a valid point when you say autism is a subjective dx. Like a zillion others in the DSM IV. How do we know U have it or your professional was not snowed by you? We don't. How do U propose lay people and families like us tell the difference? I ask this as you raised the point.

Families do the research as well as those “with” and just know. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, 9 out of ten times it is a duck. What do you suggest for a test in todays world? Just curious.

Just my 2 cents worth.