RemedySpot.com

on the topic of AS & sixth sense and/or knowing things, etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all

We were talking a while back about AS folk knowing things about others. Some said they do know and some said they never know. With varying degrees in the don't knows... like they knew some of the time or knew with some people but not others.

I just had this experience again of knowing something and it got me to thinking.... Each and every time I know something about my husband either why he is doing what he is doing or what he is really thinking he always denies it the first several times.... even though he knows that I'm nearly always correct once he decides to be honest with himself. The thing is, I always see the things that are buried deep and he (or other people) don't want others to see. It is logical to assume therefore that they would instinctively deny me being correct since they don't want others to know, they don't even want to know it themselves. I have noticed in other areas of my life that what is obvious to normal folk is the most difficult thing in the world to me but what is extremely difficult to others is easy to me. I am wondering if AS folk have the ability to see what is considered hidden to NT folk but is not hidden to us. But when we speak of it we are told we are wrong, incorrect, or worse... stupid, arrogant, rude, etc. I mean imagine for a minute. Here is this innocent NT person going about their life, they have an AS friend/spouse/partner who sees something they (the NT person) have hidden so well they don't even know it about themselves. The AS person thinks it is obvious and that the whole world can see it so they talk about it right out.... naturally the NT person responds instinctively to self protect (denies) because this is something they have hidden even from themselves... Anyone still with me? This is what happens consistently with my husband and with other NT people in my life to the extent that I have learned to not say what I see unless the person gives me some really obvious verbal clues that they are open to thinking about the subject. Still I often put my foot in my mouth in conversation because there are always things I think are so utterly and completely obvious to the extent I don't even think about it all, to me it's like I say "Joe has his shoes on." and suddenly Joe is really mad that I told everyone he had his shoes on.

Maybe AS people are not shut off from non verbals we are just getting different (deeper) non verbals?? What if we have become convinced we get no non verbals because there is almost never any positive feedback to show we were correct?

Also this would play along with the notion that many of us think that we have little to no subconscious...

Thoughts anyone?

Jennie AS