RemedySpot.com

AS culture, NT culture. How diversity training/learning/workshop can help commun

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi :

I agree we have much to learn from different cultures. I work for a small rural wireless carrier who was recently purchased by Verizon. We recently took control of the Hispanic Q and had to hire bi-lingual reps. We also hired another 15 reps to gear up for the migration that will begin in January. To show support and because the training is never enough to really do the job as every call is different we created a SOD (SUP on duty) team of seasoned and experienced reps. We have 2 or 3 on the floor at all times. It was best thing that ever happened to me as I have gotten to know all the newbie’s personally and we all work differently PLUS you learn about THEM, their families by looking at the pics in their Q, where they worked before, whets going on in their life, etc., etc., etc..

Verizon is very BIG on diversity where our company in our NW region due to demographics we hired a bunch of young kids with tech brains at one time that created several issues that had good people walking out the door. This created several meetings to figure out what we were doing wrong and how to improve.

When the merger got closer they started weeding people out and now we are back to having a great mixture of diversity like it was when I was originally hired and it has been great for "all" of us and has returned to a good work environment because of it. We have much to learn from each other. There is so much to learn and tech companies change on a daily basis. It you don't like change, this is not for you. I have never worked for a tech company before and I can probably write a book <wink>

I think we as human beings have a lot to learn from each other. I do think "sometimes" NT's naturally have the ability of theory of mind and can tell by someone's tone and words, facial expression or how angry they really are and at whom and can get to the root of the problem quicker. BUT, ASPIES also have natural abilities in areas we don't and together we can be stronger.

My project? lol

BUILDING THE FOUNDATION OF UNICEL

Each person in our company is a brick in the foundation of Unicel. Every year the skills build a stronger foundation for our company to grow on. To illustrate this, we have designed the “Foundation Blocks” to create an exhibit of the foundation that supports our center!

The blocks are color coded:

Emerald = 6 months

Amethyst = 1 - 3 years

Sapphire = 4 - 6 years

Ruby = 7 – 9 years

Diamond = 10+ years

You will receive one block for each of the years that you have been with Unicel/Verizon, starting with the Emerald block for your first 6 months. We would like you to personalize them with decorations from the decoration station or anything else you would like to use. Please be certain the edges stay cleared so we can effectively build the foundation display when you are done...

LOL

OFF to get these bricks out of my home lol I will send a pic when they are on our wall. Should be awesome as it will be like a yellow brick wall with life all around it. lol