RemedySpot.com

Corn in everything..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good comment to the Chicago Tribune food allergies story about corn being in everything:"(Another poster said) And as for those whining about the ingredients in prepared foods, if you don't like it, then COOK FROM SCRATCH!Ever heard of corn allergies?I do cook from scratch. And it's opened my eyes. Farm fresh spinach? Corn in that. Anything in the bulk aisle?(grains, dried beans) there's corn in that. Fresh meat? Federal regulations require a corn based citric acid wash. Wax on fruits. Powdered packaging for "basics". Washes for fresh eggs. How far "scratch" do you want us to go? Because until there's enough farmland for people with allergies to go out and start their own communes; we NEED to rely on food manufacturers. I can't hold a job and spend all my time racing around to small farms that can guarantee a but not b; and then prepare meals. Plus do housework. BTW...we desperately need the FDA to require labelling on medications, too. Especially prescription drugs." Just another nail in the FDA's coffin - I hope. Vaccines have been mentioned ONCE in the comment thread (now up to 63) - it doesn't look like there're any 'flaming mad ND' comments (perhaps they all have PANDAS?!) At least not yet - I'm sure they'll come. Or do the NDers not focus on the 'everything else' part of the autism debate? That would be a good thing - because there might be a lot more of 'everything else' than even autism considering how many 'everything else's' there are.Jim