RemedySpot.com

Chicago Tribute Article on Food Allergies - comments forum - boy these people are IGNORANT!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been reading some of the comments to the Chicago Tribute article on food allergies (at least until I give up in utter disgust!). Boy these people are ignorant.The word 'vaccine' or 'adjuvant' has not come up ONCE.. I'm not sure that's good or not. One person said,"Force feed them those peanuts until their bodies finally accept them. There is no excuse for being weak." ("Bears" - like the ND-style avatar) Are you kidding me? Great solution - kill the herd.. Someone else said something interesting: (#60) "[about Chicago Tribune] You're trying too hard. I just can't help but wonder how all those generations of children in this country survived with little or no food labeling." Duh - because WE DIDN"T HAVE SUCH FOOD ALLERGIES back then! Either that or all the kids just died and theirs deaths were quietly forgotten. This is AutismDiva's answer to Blaxill's "hidden hoard" - THEY ALL DIED! And this was supposedly a GOOD thin? Is this the best she can do? But I digress. Someone posted that the "hygiene hypothesis" doesn't explain why these allergies are present at birth. But if the HepB shot is connected it does.. Except I don't have near enough science (or even just non-scientific evidence) to back this up - and I know it will set off an absolute firestorm. So far, the NDers have no invaded the comment space (I don't think), although there are some "ND-type" arguments being made, that "kids have always been like this, they just died before and we somehow didn't notice" (yeah right!) Anyone who knows more about the immunology of vaccines and what they can do to gut permiability and cause immune hypersensitization want to take this on? I know that DTP will increase interstinal permiability for a long while after the shot itself ("Pertussis Adjuvant Prolongs Intestinal Hypersensitivity" U. Koseck et al. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 1999 119:205–211), and I know that peanut protein is rumored to be used in one of the adjuvants, but hadn't been proved. WHY aren't vaccine manufactuers required to disclose EVERYTHING in the shot? I thought that's why we had patents - in exchange for limited marketing protection, people must disclose what the invented and couldn't keep trade secrets. Of course, companies DO keep trade secrets, but for medicines? Any why ANY company would put peanut anything in a vaccine hear and now is beyond me.. The liability on this one is on par with the 'autism liability'.. Oh right, they got a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card from Congress! If I were them, I'd just quietly take it out, go back to aluminum (as it's own problems, but at least these are "known - and ignored" problems, and then not tell anyone - and make damn sure no electronic trail is left..Jim

Jim,

When some of us older folks on this list group were kids, we did not have anywhere near the amount of chemicals to deal with that kids do now. My mom recalls a house call from our family doctor cerca 50 years, when my sister and I were babies. My sister and I were both ill and were suffering from diarrhea at the time. My mother told me that when the good doctor came to check up on us, he sniffed the air in the house, and soon afterward diagnosed our ailments as being due to the odour of paint in the air. Yes, my parents had recently painted some of the walls, and back in those days the paint very likely also contained lead. Lovely. I recall having some terrible headaches when I asked my dad to repaint some of my bedroom furniture when I was pregnant with my oldest son, and he used an oil-based paint. My headaches lasted for several months because I could smell the paint for that long, even after it

had dried on the furniture.

Many of us have sufferred from environmental insults (assaults?) for some time now, so it is not surprising that our kids are showing some effects? However, I do believe that it would be more correct to refer to these effects as epigenetic, rather than genetic, as these effects are most likely environmentally induced.

Aasa

Subject: Chicago Tribute Article on Food Allergies - comments forum - boy these people are IGNORANT!To: "EOHarm" <EOHarm >Cc: "ABMD" <abmd >, "curt linderman" Received: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 9:52 PM

I've been reading some of the comments to the Chicago Tribute article on food allergies (at least until I give up in utter disgust!). Boy these people are ignorant.

The word 'vaccine' or 'adjuvant' has not come up ONCE.. I'm not sure that's good or not. One person said,

"Force feed them those peanuts until their bodies finally accept them. There is no excuse for being weak." ("Bears" - like the ND-style avatar)

Are you kidding me? Great solution - kill the herd..

Someone else said something interesting: (#60) "[about Chicago Tribune] You're trying too hard. I just can't help but wonder how all those generations of children in this country survived with little or no food labeling."

Duh - because WE DIDN"T HAVE SUCH FOOD ALLERGIES back then! Either that or all the kids just died and theirs deaths were quietly forgotten. This is AutismDiva's answer to Blaxill's "hidden hoard" - THEY ALL DIED! And this was supposedly a GOOD thin? Is this the best she can do? But I digress.

Someone posted that the "hygiene hypothesis" doesn't explain why these allergies are present at birth. But if the HepB shot is connected it does.. Except I don't have near enough science (or even just non-scientific evidence) to back this up - and I know it will set off an absolute firestorm. So far, the NDers have no invaded the comment space (I don't think), although there are some "ND-type" arguments being made, that "kids have always been like this, they just died before and we somehow didn't notice" (yeah right!) Anyone who knows more about the immunology of vaccines and what they can do to gut permiability and cause immune hypersensitization want to take this on? I know that DTP will increase interstinal permiability for a long while after the shot itself ("Pertussis Adjuvant Prolongs

Intestinal Hypersensitivity" U. Koseck et al. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 1999 119:205–211), and I know that peanut protein is rumored to be used in one of the adjuvants, but hadn't been

proved.

WHY aren't vaccine manufactuers required to disclose EVERYTHING in the shot? I thought that's why we had patents - in exchange for limited marketing protection, people must disclose what the invented and couldn't keep trade secrets. Of course, companies DO keep trade secrets, but for medicines?

Any why ANY company would put peanut anything in a vaccine hear and now is beyond me.. The liability on this one is on par with the 'autism liability'.. Oh right, they got a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card from Congress! If I were them, I'd just quietly take it out, go back to aluminum (as it's own problems, but at least these are "known - and ignored" problems, and then not tell anyone - and make damn sure no electronic trail is left..

Jim