RemedySpot.com

re Flu vaccine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was hoping that this issue would have resolved itself earlier, but so far it hasn't.

Last Friday, a colleague of mine went and had a flu shot, after school. She has been ill since that time and has missed a whole week off work, to date. I even reminded her last Friday, when we were joking around about flu shots and about agreeing to "respectfully disagree", that she had been ill for close to a week after a flu shot she had had a number of years ago.

She seemed to have totally forgotten about that incident, and went and had her shot anyway. The last I heard from her, she thinks she may have gotten the "flu" from some of my students who attend her English as a Second Language class once a day. My students never had the "flu": they all had flu-like illnesses, which they recovered from shortly thereafter. I had a good bout of the flu in 1995 when I was pregnant with my daughter, and I remember well what that miserable experience was like. It was totally different from what our students experienced.

Aasa