RemedySpot.com

appealing dental insurance payment: help?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On principle, I am appealing my insurance company's refusal to fully cover a composite (vs. amalgam) filling -for me in this case- I do have Lupus, but in my letter I want to also make the case that the entire policy should be changed due to the dangers of amalgams. I will include letters from my doctors as well advising that I should not be exposed to mercury if there is a viable alternative.

Do any of you have any abstracts or other info that I could print to send that would support my contention that these fillings(or even just mercury) are dangerous for those with or without autoimmunity? I have noted the recent article that has been making the rounds about the FDA statement on amalgams in pregnant women and little ones- does anyone have a link to the actual statement on the FDA site?

The company is United Healthcare- I don't expect to get anywhere on the larger issue, but I am pretty darn adamant about appealing my little lowly claim:)

Thanks,