RemedySpot.com

Eat Fish Ignore Mercury - FDA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Forget those government warnings that urge women and children to limit the amount of fish they eat, says the Food and Drug Administration. The benefits of eating seafood outweigh any health risks and people should eat more fish, regardless of mercury content, says the FDA, which is asking the government to change their health advisory limiting the amount of fish recommended for women and children.

http://www.newsmax.com/health/eat_fish_forget_mercury/2008/12/15/161938.html

Forget those government warnings that urge women and children to limit the amount of fish they eat, says the Food and Drug Administration. The benefits of eating seafood outweigh Heck, why don't they just say to take a mercury-free fish oil capsule that's had the mercury chelated out ("oops! can't ever say the 'c'-word!!")? That would prop up the fish-oil industry too! Or was there too much pressure for the tuna industry instead? But saying tat might be taken to implicitly say, "the capsules are better than real fish, so real fish are still bad in some way ("can't say the 'm'-word either!) Anyway, does it really matter? I mean, pregnant mothers are already getting a lot of mercury from the flu shot - can there possibly be 36 mcg Hg (75 mcg thim./2 = Hg weight) of Hg in any reasonable amount of fish, except for swordfish and the others they tell you to specifically avoid. I assume they still say stay away from swordfish which is extraordinarily high from what I've read? Or did they back off that too? Protecting the sword-fishers now, are we. Good job EPA - now you're not only not protecting us, you're not even protecting the environment you were created to protect! I swear, up is down and down is up!Jim