RemedySpot.com

Asthma - 12 lives a day? Where's the outrage?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Asthma and it's subsequent complications claims 12 lives per day in America. Does anybody have more detailed data on this - like a breakdown by state and month? I'm sure the 12 is an average over the entire year, and asthma-related problems are known to be linked to air quality (both), and pollen I think (both), and possibly temperature (month and possibly location too). Poverty (location-related, but in a very complicated way) also enters into it as that's a weak proxy for 'healthcare' (meaning rescue inhalers and inhalers that aren't expired when they need to be used). Also, I'd love to know where to get data to make a chart of asthma against vax rates against time, possibly in different countries. This would be a very tough analysis to do right (just like autism/vax analysis is tough to do right), but the general trends should be there and would be striking, assuming there are no obvious holes the NDers can poke.. If certain vaxes are though to be more involved (HepB?) were introduced first in some states, and there was enough of a lag until other states adopted - that might show up in the data too. "Racial" incidence data might show something interesting, but I think not - I think that would just pattern with (and be explained by) a poverty relation. Gender rate data would be interesting too - is there a boy-skewing effect for asthma like there is for autism? Other than vaxes, were there any other things going into the environment that would contribute to an increase? This would be very hard to do unless you wanted to do a Palmer-type analysis by distance from particulate-point-sources or something like that (does Palmer read ABMD?). Data from other countries, especially Denmark where I've head they only have *3* vaccines used over a 3-5 year period (and STILL have adverse events!) would be quite interesting, but too hard to compare given the differences in pollution, lifestyle, poverty, healthcare, etc.Jim