RemedySpot.com

RE: to ie/I have 3 biological DS kids too!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ie!

It's wonderful to hear from you!!! I was told that we are probably the ONLY couple in the US with three biological DS kids, but they are wrong!!! I have seven kids. My first three are normal typical kids. (now ages 31, 30, and 27) is my first DS and he is 24 years old. Then I have another typical child (or should I say adult now...hee hee). He is 22. Then eight years later I have -now age 14 and also DS. I went to genetic counsiling at the City of Hope in California for Ben-and they told us he's straight trisomy 21 and that it is all a "fluke" at conception---basically---my risks do go up, but in reality, it's probably not going to happen, so have more kids! Which is exactly what we did, because we love children and we knew we wanted a big family, & after all...God is the giver of life!!! We went to Loma for Genetic counciling again after having and we took our married daughters and their spouses with us. We were told the same thing!! ( a fluke at conception....blah blah blah...and my married daughters are not at any higher risk than any person walking the streets....it's basically age related...) So three years later we had our last child, . He too was born DS. We rejoiced because, as I said, we believe God is in control of all things and He wouldn't give us anything that we couldn't handle. One last time we chose Genetic counseling, for the sake of our adult married kids to be assured we were given correct information. This time we were told since they are all trisomy twenty one....it's probably something in the "go-nads"...reproductive systems...and this time we decided to stop having kids and my husband went and got fixed. We are a very close loving family. We just moved across the country to Ohio a year ago and we are adjusting here. One adult daughter and my grandchildren moved and followed us to Ohio and the other daughter, , is in Nevada and plans to move here with her hubby and kids within one year to two years. Enough about me!

I think it's wonderful that you are adopting another DS child!! We will uplift you in our prayers as you prepare to go and get him. I saw your family pictures and you are a gorgeous family. I see you clearly acknowlege God in your lives....and that's so great! I lean to my Lord every day for everything. There's never a dull moment here! I'd love you hear from you! Take care!

Joyce-wife to Mike 32 wonderful years!

Mom to Seven--31, Leah-30, Mikey-27, -24-DS, -22, -14-DS, and -10-DS/Autism

To: Multiples-DS From: shawniehuff@...Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 03:49:11 +0000Subject: New to this group

Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS. Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, nottranslocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought so.The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed thatDH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes cellsor ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn'tbe accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shotwith each birth. We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries hisfirst year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it. Hisimmune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a hugeunderstatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would neversurvive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl! She had anAVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and theenergizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how thedoctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again. Weplanned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! Assoon as Tyler was born, my husband said, "He has Down syndrome." And,yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. Goddefinitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 yearsold and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has neverneeded surgery. Yeah!The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boywith DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in amonth or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will postour blog address so you can see our family.I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves. Thanks for reading my "introduction book". lolie http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/ Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.

Joyce,

I have heard your story before but each time I read it it warms my heart, you and your husband

are amazing and what a source of knowledge about ds you have gained. Thanks for putting

everything in perspective. Irene

New to this group

Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS. Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, nottranslocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought so.The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed thatDH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes cellsor ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn'tbe accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shotwith each birth. We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries hisfirst year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it. Hisimmune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a hugeunderstatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would neversurvive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl! She had anAVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and theenergizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how thedoctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again. Weplanned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! Assoon as Tyler was born, my husband said, "He has Down syndrome." And,yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. Goddefinitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 yearsold and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has neverneeded surgery. Yeah!The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boywith DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in amonth or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will postour blog address so you can see our family.I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves. Thanks for reading my "introduction book". lolie http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.

Thank you so much for all your warm welcomes. I am sorry I have been

so busy I haven't had a chance to check back in. Joyce, I will e-mail

you privately but I wanted to say how totally excited I am to have

" met " you. I am so bummed that you live in Ohio now. We are from AZ

and we could easily have met face to face when you lived in CA.

Funny. I went to our local DS group meeting tonight and was so happy

to share that I now know of 2 other families like ours. I feel

blessed everyday to have been given this opportunity in life. My kids

truly are the " jewels in my crown " as my grandmother would say. I

promise to keep better tabs on this group. We are still waiting for a

travel date to get our son in Serbia. Sigh. It is taking forever. I

am looking forward to getting to know all of you better. I can't wait

to hear the " good stuff. " You know, fingerpainting the carpet blue, 2

am singing parties, putting a coconut in the toilet, etc. Oh yes, all

my 6 year old. Thanks again and Joyce, I'll e-mail you soon.

ie

Mom to Braxton, Tia, Tyler, and soon, Max (all with DS)

http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

>

> Joyce,

> I have heard your story before but each time I read it it warms my

heart, you and your husband

> are amazing and what a source of knowledge about ds you have gained.

Thanks for putting

> everything in perspective. Irene

>

> New to this group

>

>

> Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS.

> Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, not

> translocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We

thought so.

> The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed that

> DH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes

cells

> or ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn't

> be accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shot

> with each birth.

>

> We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13

> months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries his

> first year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight

it. His

> immune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a huge

> understatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would never

> survive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl! She had an

> AVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and the

> energizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how the

> doctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant

again. We

> planned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! As

> soon as Tyler was born, my husband said, " He has Down syndrome. "

And,

> yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. God

> definitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 years

> old and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has never

> needed surgery. Yeah!

>

> The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boy

> with DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in a

> month or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will

> our blog address so you can see our family.

>

> I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves.

> Thanks for reading my " introduction book " . lol

> ie

> http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

>

>

>

>

>

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.

>