RemedySpot.com

Re: New to this group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ie,

What an amazing family you have! Welcome to the group.

We live in central California. We have 4 children. Amy is 20 and in college. Kelsey is 17 and a senior in high school. Our twins are 7 years old. Davey has DS and Will is a typical kid! We are so blessed to have all of our children.

Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS. Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, nottranslocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought so.The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed that

DH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes cellsor ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn'tbe accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shot

with each birth. We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries hisfirst year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it. His

immune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a hugeunderstatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would neversurvive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl! She had anAVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and the

energizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how thedoctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again. Weplanned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! Assoon as Tyler was born, my husband said, " He has Down syndrome. " And,

yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. Goddefinitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 yearsold and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has neverneeded surgery. Yeah!

The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boywith DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in amonth or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will postour blog address so you can see our family.

I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves. Thanks for reading my " introduction book " . lolie http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

WOW! Unbelievable!

Welcome!

Dana Haedge-Granbury, TX

Brenan and Brice-Ds 3

Hayden-5

Kambree-12

Heath-married almost 6 yrs!

---- shawniehuff wrote:

> Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS.

> Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, not

> translocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought so.

> The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed that

> DH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes cells

> or ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn't

> be accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shot

> with each birth.

>

> We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13

> months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries his

> first year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it. His

> immune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a huge

> understatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would never

> survive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl! She had an

> AVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and the

> energizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how the

> doctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again. We

> planned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! As

> soon as Tyler was born, my husband said, " He has Down syndrome. " And,

> yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. God

> definitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 years

> old and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has never

> needed surgery. Yeah!

>

> The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boy

> with DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in a

> month or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will post

> our blog address so you can see our family.

>

> I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves.

> Thanks for reading my " introduction book " . lol

> ie

> http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

>

>

WOW... ie,

What an amazing journey you have been on. Max is very lucky to be joining your family!!!

We are and Irene from Florida, we have Jake 11/ADHD and Zachary DS/ADHD, Nick,

& 9. Hope to hear more about your family soon.

New to this group

Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS. Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, nottranslocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought so.The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed thatDH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes cellsor ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn'tbe accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shotwith each birth. We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries hisfirst year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it. Hisimmune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a hugeunderstatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would neversurvive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl! She had anAVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and theenergizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how thedoctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again. Weplanned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! Assoon as Tyler was born, my husband said, "He has Down syndrome." And,yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. Goddefinitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 yearsold and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has neverneeded surgery. Yeah!The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boywith DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in amonth or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will postour blog address so you can see our family.I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves. Thanks for reading my "introduction book". lolie http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

ie, Welcome to the group, there is one other mom on this list serve that has three children with ds (trisomy 21). You are only the third I have ever heard of. There is also a mom fairly local to me here in Canada that has three children with trisomy 21, they have four children altogether and three have ds. Both families have one of the three with autism as well as down syndrome. I believe both families were told by Dr.'s that they were the only ones that they had ever known to have this happen to.....its amazing that the internet can connect you to other families when the Dr's can't :) , mom to Nicala & ,ds/ahdh/autism (11), (9) and (2) Verissimo wrote: ie, What an amazing family you have! Welcome to the group. We live in central California. We have 4 children. Amy is 20 and in college. Kelsey is 17 and a senior in high school. Our twins are 7 years old. Davey has DS and Will is a typical kid! We are so blessed to have all of our children. On Jan 1, 2008 7:49 PM, shawniehuff <shawniehuff> wrote: Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS. Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, nottranslocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought so.The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed thatDH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes cellsor ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn'tbe accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shotwith each birth. We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries hisfirst year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it. Hisimmune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a hugeunderstatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would neversurvive that. 2 years later we had our

beautiful girl! She had anAVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and theenergizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how thedoctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again. Weplanned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! Assoon as Tyler was born, my husband said, "He has Down syndrome." And,yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. Goddefinitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 yearsold and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has neverneeded surgery. Yeah!The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boywith DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in amonth or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will postour blog address so you can see our family.I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves. Thanks for reading my

"introduction book". lolie http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

Hello, ie. Nice to meet you and your family... the kids are all adorable! Of course I had to run check out the blog. I will post mine at the end.

I am , DH of almost 15yrs Rusty... we have 2 biological kids and 1 adopted. is 14yr (Translocation 13,Asthma,ADHD,g-tube) Daytonis 9yr (Translocation 13, Autism) and (Trisomy 21/adopted/G-J tube,Asthma and has had many surgeries)

We live in south GA with Jimmy :)

Like you, I am sure can post a book... but will spare the details.. lol

Joyce is on the list has she has several children and 3 of them have DS. They lived in CA now in Ohio.. mabey she will post up soon too!!

Congratulation on your adoption.. what wild ride it can be!

http://medranotriolife.blogspot.com/

New to this group

Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS. Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, nottranslocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought so.The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed thatDH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes cellsor ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn'tbe accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shotwith each birth. We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries hisfirst year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it. Hisimmune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a hugeunderstatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would neversurvive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl! She had anAVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and theenergizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how thedoctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again. Weplanned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! Assoon as Tyler was born, my husband said, "He has Down syndrome." And,yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. Goddefinitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 yearsold and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has neverneeded surgery. Yeah!The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boywith DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in amonth or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will postour blog address so you can see our family.I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves. Thanks for reading my "introduction book". lolie http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

Welcome and what a beautiful family!!!!!!

>

> Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS.

> Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, not

> translocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought

so.

> The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed that

> DH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes

cells

> or ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it

wouldn't

> be accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50

shot

> with each birth.

>

> We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13

> months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries his

> first year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it.

His

> immune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a huge

> understatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would never

> survive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl! She had an

> AVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and the

> energizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how the

> doctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again.

We

> planned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!!

As

> soon as Tyler was born, my husband said, " He has Down syndrome. "

And,

> yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. God

> definitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3

years

> old and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has never

> needed surgery. Yeah!

>

> The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boy

> with DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in a

> month or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will

> our blog address so you can see our family.

>

> I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves.

> Thanks for reading my " introduction book " . lol

> ie

> http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

>

Welcome ie! My name is Missy and I live in Colorado. I am the proud mother to twin girls, and Sadie. Sadie has Down Syndrome. They both just turned 4 in November. All has been well so far. Sadie has not had any major health issues (knock on wood) besides the chronic constipation and chronic sinusitis. She does have a huge developmental delay as she only started walking last year around this time and still has no language no matter what we try (signing etc). I have hope that eventually she will speak and I will have tears of joy. I feel she understands me well and her cognitive ability appears to be improving as I can engage her more in "conversation". She is not even remotely close to being potty trained as I feel one cannot potty train a child who has not method of communicating that she has to go. I am fine with this decision especially after reading some of the posts in regards to the challenges

of potty training ! My day will come! I do not have any other children as they were my first and probably will be my only but our family "planning" (if this really does exist) is not really set in stone yet. Welcome to the group. May you enjoy countless smiles as I have already. MIssy and Sadie (ds) 4 years oldshawniehuff wrote: Hi ladies! I am ie. I have 3 biological children with DS. Anyone else??? Our kids have non-disjunction trisomy 21, nottranslocation as you would expect. Pretty amazing huh?! We thought so.The doctors really don't know why. The geneticist has guessed thatDH or I have trisomy 21 cells in our reproductive cells. (testes cellsor ovarian cells) We haven't done any testing as he said it wouldn'tbe accurate anyway. Basically, he said we probably have a 50/50 shotwith each birth. We have kind of a crazy story. Our oldest child passed away at 13months old. He was born with no esophagus and had 15 surgeries hisfirst year. He got pneumonia in the winter and couldn't fight it. Hisimmune system was pretty much non-existent. It would be a hugeunderstatement to say we were devastated! I thought I would neversurvive that. 2 years later we had our beautiful girl!

She had anAVSD and had open heart at 4 months. Now she is 6 years old and theenergizer bunny couldn't keep up with her!!! Seeing as how thedoctors said we would NEVER have 3 with DS, we got pregnant again. Weplanned on our first typical child through the entire pregnancy!! Assoon as Tyler was born, my husband said, "He has Down syndrome." And,yes he did! We were thrilled and couldn't stop laughing. Goddefinitely gave his plan for us loud and clear. Tyler is now 3 yearsold and a big boy! He gets all the respiratory junk but has neverneeded surgery. Yeah!The next chapter is that we are now adopting a gorgeous little boywith DS (of course) from Serbia! We cannot wait to go get him in amonth or so. He just turned one and his name will be Max. I will postour blog address so you can see our family.I am happy to get to know all of you. Please introduce yourselves. Thanks for reading my "introduction book".

lolie http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.