RemedySpot.com

Fw: top subjects for multiples w/ds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

top subjects for multiples w/ds

Hi everyone,

My friend a social worker for CMS (children's medical services) and I have submitted

an outline to be presenters at our annual Family Cafe (disabilities weekend). Each

year we attend and the presentations are amazing, I always wish there was one on the

unique world of MULTIPLES w/ disabilities. There are alot of us out there so I wondered

if you all have very specific MULTIPLE issues that you would want addressed/discussed.

Of course we will discuss the obvious: time, fairness, seperation in school, medical issues

and the such, but is there anything else,we should be sure not to overlook? Do you have

any favorite resource,book,movie etc we should mention? the special bond, the constant

therapy that same age sibling(s) provide, the perfect control group for development...

Any input would be valuable. I will stress that every family get hooked up with an internet

group, I couldn't imagine not having all of you out there to bounce ideas off and vent!

Thanks, Irene

As we get closer to the presentation I know I will have more questions, thanks for helping.

Yes, I have a topic that I am struggling wiht right now. . . potty training! I am the mom of identical girls and we are having a hard time with the "poop part" Pee is going o.k., they can stay dry all day, but I need help with #2!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I ask them if they need to go, they say no, and then 2 minutes later they come and tell me they had gone in their pants. They almost always go at the same time, I try to catch them after they eat, but it isn't working. My mom-in-law says she used to give her kids m & m's as a reward, but I don't know about that, but they do love chocolate. . . HELP!!! Jodieigercak wrote: top subjects for multiples w/ds Hi everyone, My friend a social worker for CMS (children's medical services) and I have submitted an outline to be presenters at our annual Family Cafe

(disabilities weekend). Each year we attend and the presentations are amazing, I always wish there was one on the unique world of MULTIPLES w/ disabilities. There are alot of us out there so I wondered if you all have very specific MULTIPLE issues that you would want addressed/discussed. Of course we will discuss the obvious: time, fairness, seperation in school, medical issues and the such, but is there anything else,we should be sure not to overlook? Do you have any favorite resource,book,movie etc we should mention? the special bond, the constant therapy that same age sibling(s)

provide, the perfect control group for development... Any input would be valuable. I will stress that every family get hooked up with an internet group, I couldn't imagine not having all of you out there to bounce ideas off and vent! Thanks, Irene As we get closer to the presentation I know I will have more questions, thanks for helping.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.