RemedySpot.com

Re: death in our family (off topic)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thank you for sharing the loss of your Grandfather with our group. He does sound like a wonderful man and will be missed deeply by your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marcia

Mom to Sara (DS) and 13 and Lucas 17

I will say an extra prayer for your family. What a great man he was. I am sorry for your loss.

mom to Amy, Kelsey, Davey and Will

I wanted to let you all know about the death of my grandfather. He was 88, in end stage reanal failure so it was expected (my mom emailed a picture of him at Christmas time in his Shriner's fez) So, while it's not a tragedy, it is still very sad. He lived with my mother (who is also in this group) in Texas and she was with him when he died. She has been amazing through it all! My daughter, , and I are flying to NY tomorrow for the funeral. I wanted to share his obituary with you guys just because he was such a great man. Please keep us in your prayers (my mom especially). Thanks,

Mom to (8), (5)

Will(ds) and Jake(3)

View/Sign Guestbook

Newell W.

, Newell W. "Tim" TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. "Tim" , 88, formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he became an American citizen and lived in Rensselaer. He retired after 35 years as a supervisor from the New York Telephone Company, Albany, N.Y. Mr. was an enthusiastic Mason with more than 50 years of membership. He was a former master of Greenbush-Schodack Union Masonic Lodge; he belonged to the temple chapter of the Knights Templar in Delmar, N.Y.; he belonged to the commandry of Cyprus Temple Shriners, and was a member of the Royal Order of Jesters and the Nite Owls. Mr. was also an Odd Fellow and served as past master of the Van Rensselaer Lodge IOOF. He was also a member of the American Legion, Blanchard Post in Delmar, and a life member of the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. After the death of his first wife, Mr. married Jane R. Wirth of Albany, who also preceded him in death. Mr. had six siblings, Frederick of Chevy Chase, Md., Constance Levine of Melbourne, Fla., the late Alberta Riccio of Amsterdam, the late Walter Carney of Boston, Mass., the late Whittemore of Boston, and the l ate ph Sterling Marino of Troy. He is survived by his daughters, Joyce T. of Tyler and T. Ely of Albion, N.Y. He is survived by his grandchildren, Dorothy s and her husband s, Vaughan and her husband Bradley Vaughan, Royal and his wife , Newell , , Margaret , Hugh , and . He is also survived by four great-grandchildren, , , and Vaughan. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral Wednesday morning at 11 o'clock at the Church of the Redeemer, 3rd Street, Rensselaer. Friends are invited and may call Tuesday evening 4-8 at the Rockefeller Funeral Home, 165 Columbia Tpk, Rensselaer. Burial will be in Greenbush Cemetery, Rensselaer. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3232 Jan Avenue, Tyler, TX 75701 or to the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144.

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Missy and Sadie (ds) age 4 Vaughan wrote: I wanted to let you all know about the death of my grandfather. He was 88, in end stage reanal failure so it was expected (my mom emailed a picture of him at Christmas time in his Shriner's fez) So, while it's not a tragedy, it is still very sad. He lived with my mother (who is also in this group) in Texas and she was

with him when he died. She has been amazing through it all! My daughter, , and I are flying to NY tomorrow for the funeral. I wanted to share his obituary with you guys just because he was such a great man. Please keep us in your prayers (my mom especially). Thanks, Mom to (8), (5) Will(ds) and Jake(3) View/Sign Guestbook Newell W. , Newell W. "Tim" TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. "Tim" , 88, formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he became an

American citizen and lived in Rensselaer. He retired after 35 years as a supervisor from the New York Telephone Company, Albany, N.Y. Mr. was an enthusiastic Mason with more than 50 years of membership. He was a former master of Greenbush-Schodack Union Masonic Lodge; he belonged to the temple chapter of the Knights Templar in Delmar, N.Y.; he belonged to the commandry of Cyprus Temple Shriners, and was a member of the Royal Order of Jesters and the Nite Owls. Mr. was also an Odd Fellow and served as past master of the Van Rensselaer Lodge IOOF. He was also a member of the American Legion, Blanchard Post in Delmar, and a life member of the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. After the death of his first wife, Mr. married Jane R. Wirth of Albany, who also preceded him in death. Mr. had six siblings, Frederick of Chevy Chase, Md., Constance Levine of Melbourne, Fla., the late Alberta Riccio of Amsterdam, the late Walter Carney of

Boston, Mass., the late Whittemore of Boston, and the late ph Sterling Marino of Troy. He is survived by his daughters, Joyce T. of Tyler and T. Ely of Albion, N.Y. He is survived by his grandchildren, Dorothy s and her husband s, Vaughan and her husband Bradley Vaughan, Royal and his wife , Newell , , Margaret , Hugh , and . He is also survived by four great-grandchildren, , , and Vaughan. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral Wednesday morning at 11 o'clock at the Church of the Redeemer, 3rd Street, Rensselaer. Friends are invited and may call Tuesday evening 4-8 at the Rockefeller Funeral Home, 165 Columbia Tpk, Rensselaer. Burial will be in Greenbush Cemetery, Rensselaer. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3232 Jan Avenue, Tyler, TX 75701 or to

the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Sorry for your family's loss , you will be in our prayers. Cyndy Vaughan wrote: I wanted to let you all know about the death of my grandfather. He was 88, in end stage reanal failure so it was expected (my mom emailed a picture of him at Christmas time in his Shriner's fez) So, while it's not a tragedy, it is still very sad. He lived with my mother (who is also in this group) in Texas and she was with him

when he died. She has been amazing through it all! My daughter, , and I are flying to NY tomorrow for the funeral. I wanted to share his obituary with you guys just because he was such a great man. Please keep us in your prayers (my mom especially). Thanks, Mom to (8), (5) Will(ds) and Jake(3) View/Sign Guestbook Newell W. , Newell W. "Tim" TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. "Tim" , 88, formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he became an

American citizen and lived in Rensselaer. He retired after 35 years as a supervisor from the New York Telephone Company, Albany, N.Y. Mr. was an enthusiastic Mason with more than 50 years of membership. He was a former master of Greenbush-Schodack Union Masonic Lodge; he belonged to the temple chapter of the Knights Templar in Delmar, N.Y.; he belonged to the commandry of Cyprus Temple Shriners, and was a member of the Royal Order of Jesters and the Nite Owls. Mr. was also an Odd Fellow and served as past master of the Van Rensselaer Lodge IOOF. He was also a member of the American Legion, Blanchard Post in Delmar, and a life member of the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. After the death of his first wife, Mr. married Jane R. Wirth of Albany, who also preceded him in death. Mr. had six siblings, Frederick of Chevy Chase, Md., Constance Levine of Melbourne, Fla., the late Alberta Riccio of Amsterdam, the late Walter Carney of

Boston, Mass., the late Whittemore of Boston, and the late ph Sterling Marino of Troy. He is survived by his daughters, Joyce T. of Tyler and T. Ely of Albion, N.Y. He is survived by his grandchildren, Dorothy s and her husband s, Vaughan and her husband Bradley Vaughan, Royal and his wife , Newell , , Margaret , Hugh , and . He is also survived by four great-grandchildren, , , and Vaughan. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral Wednesday morning at 11 o'clock at the Church of the Redeemer, 3rd Street, Rensselaer. Friends are invited and may call Tuesday evening 4-8 at the Rockefeller Funeral Home, 165 Columbia Tpk, Rensselaer. Burial will be in Greenbush Cemetery, Rensselaer. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3232 Jan Avenue, Tyler, TX 75701 or to

the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144. Cyndy Madeline (10), Kayley & Adrienne ds (2 1/2)

Deepest condolences to you. I know how hard this is. Losing my grandfather was like losing a best friend. I am sending lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Deanna  mom to

Alyssa, 14

, 12

Jarod, 7

(DS) 5

~i~Jordan (DS) 1/20/03-2/2/03

death in our family (off topic)

I wanted to let you all know about the death of my grandfather.  He was 88, in end stage reanal failure so it was expected (my mom emailed a picture of him at Christmas time in his Shriner's fez)  So,  while it's not a tragedy, it is still very sad.  He lived with my mother (who is also in this group) in Texas and she was with him when he died.  She has been amazing through it all!  My daughter, , and I are flying to NY tomorrow for the funeral.  I wanted to share his obituary with you guys just because he was such a great man. Please keep us in your prayers (my mom especially).  Thanks,

Mom to (8), (5)

Will(ds) and Jake(3)

View/Sign Guestbook

Newell W.

, Newell W. "Tim" TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. "Tim" , 88, formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he became an American citizen and lived in Rensselaer. He retired after 35 years as a supervisor from the New York Telephone Company, Albany, N.Y. Mr. was an enthusiastic Mason with more than 50 years of membership. He was a former master of Greenbush-Schodack Union Masonic Lodge; he belonged to the temple chapter of the Knights Templar in Delmar, N.Y.; he belonged to the commandry of Cyprus Temple Shriners, and was a member of the Royal Order of Jesters and the Nite Owls. Mr. was also an Odd Fellow and served as past master of the Van Rensselaer Lodge IOOF. He was also a member of the American Legion, Blanchard Post in Delmar, and a life member of the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. After the death of his first wife, Mr. married Jane R. Wirth of Albany, who also preceded him in death. Mr. had six siblings, Frederick of Chevy Chase, Md., Constance Levine of Melbourne, Fla., the late Alberta Riccio of Amsterdam, the late Walter Carney of Boston, Mass., the late Whittemore of Boston, and the late ph Sterling Marino of Troy. He is survived by his daughters, Joyce T. of Tyler and T. Ely of Albion, N.Y. He is survived by his grandchildren, Dorothy s and her husband s, Vaughan and her husband Bradley Vaughan, Royal and his wife , Newell , , Margaret , Hugh , and . He is also survived by four great-grandchildren, , , and Vaughan. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral Wednesday morning at 11 o'clock at the Church of the Redeemer, 3rd Street, Rensselaer. Friends are invited and may call Tuesday evening 4-8 at the Rockefeller Funeral Home, 165 Columbia Tpk, Rensselaer. Burial will be in Greenbush Cemetery, Rensselaer. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3232 Jan Avenue, Tyler, TX 75701 or to the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144.

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

I will say an extra prayer for your family. What a great man he was. I am sorry for your loss.

mom to Amy, Kelsey, Davey and Will

I wanted to let you all know about the death of my grandfather. He was 88, in end stage reanal failure so it was expected (my mom emailed a picture of him at Christmas time in his Shriner's fez) So, while it's not a tragedy, it is still very sad. He lived with my mother (who is also in this group) in Texas and she was with him when he died. She has been amazing through it all! My daughter, , and I are flying to NY tomorrow for the funeral. I wanted to share his obituary with you guys just because he was such a great man. Please keep us in your prayers (my mom especially). Thanks,

Mom to (8), (5)

Will(ds) and Jake(3)

View/Sign Guestbook

Newell W.

, Newell W. " Tim " TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. " Tim " , 88, formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he became an American citizen and lived in Rensselaer. He retired after 35 years as a supervisor from the New York Telephone Company, Albany, N.Y. Mr. was an enthusiastic Mason with more than 50 years of membership. He was a former master of Greenbush-Schodack Union Masonic Lodge; he belonged to the temple chapter of the Knights Templar in Delmar, N.Y.; he belonged to the commandry of Cyprus Temple Shriners, and was a member of the Royal Order of Jesters and the Nite Owls. Mr. was also an Odd Fellow and served as past master of the Van Rensselaer Lodge IOOF. He was also a member of the American Legion, Blanchard Post in Delmar, and a life member of the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. After the death of his first wife, Mr. married Jane R. Wirth of Albany, who also preceded him in death. Mr. had six siblings, Frederick of Chevy Chase, Md., Constance Levine of Melbourne, Fla., the late Alberta Riccio of Amsterdam, the late Walter Carney of Boston, Mass., the late Whittemore of Boston, and the late ph Sterling Marino of Troy. He is survived by his daughters, Joyce T. of Tyler and T. Ely of Albion, N.Y. He is survived by his grandchildren, Dorothy s and her husband s, Vaughan and her husband Bradley Vaughan, Royal and his wife , Newell , , Margaret , Hugh , and . He is also survived by four great-grandchildren, , , and Vaughan. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral Wednesday morning at 11 o'clock at the Church of the Redeemer, 3rd Street, Rensselaer. Friends are invited and may call Tuesday evening 4-8 at the Rockefeller Funeral Home, 165 Columbia Tpk, Rensselaer. Burial will be in Greenbush Cemetery, Rensselaer. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3232 Jan Avenue, Tyler, TX 75701 or to the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144.

Our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family during this time of loss. Judy 's MomRrietmann@... wrote: Hi , Thank you for sharing the loss of your Grandfather with our group. He does sound like a wonderful man and will be missed deeply by your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Marcia Mom to Sara (DS) and 13 and Lucas 17 In a message dated 1/20/2008 5:47:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, justelougmail writes: , I will say an extra prayer for your family. What a great man he was. I am sorry for your loss. mom to Amy, Kelsey, Davey and Will On Jan 20, 2008 3:49 PM, Vaughan <mom24vaughans> wrote: I wanted to let you all know about the death of my grandfather. He was 88, in

end stage reanal failure so it was expected (my mom emailed a picture of him at Christmas time in his Shriner's fez) So, while it's not a tragedy, it is still very sad. He lived with my mother (who is also in this group) in Texas and she was with him when he died. She has been amazing through it all! My daughter, , and I are flying to NY tomorrow for the funeral. I wanted to share his obituary with you guys just because he was such a great man. Please keep us in your prayers (my mom especially). Thanks, Mom to (8), (5) Will(ds) and Jake(3) View/Sign Guestbook Newell W. , Newell W. "Tim" TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. "Tim" , 88, formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario,

Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he became an American citizen and lived in Rensselaer. He retired after 35 years as a supervisor from the New York Telephone Company, Albany, N.Y. Mr. was an enthusiastic Mason with more than 50 years of membership. He was a former master of Greenbush-Schodack Union Masonic Lodge; he belonged to the temple chapter of the Knights Templar in Delmar, N.Y.; he belonged

to the commandry of Cyprus Temple Shriners, and was a member of the Royal Order of Jesters and the Nite Owls. Mr. was also an Odd Fellow and served as past master of the Van Rensselaer Lodge IOOF. He was also a member of the American Legion, Blanchard Post in Delmar, and a life member of the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. After the death of his first wife, Mr. married Jane R. Wirth of Albany, who also preceded him in death. Mr. had six siblings, Frederick of Chevy Chase, Md., Constance Levine of Melbourne, Fla., the late Alberta Riccio of Amsterdam, the late Walter Carney of Boston, Mass., the late Whittemore of Boston, and the l ate ph Sterling Marino of Troy. He is survived by his daughters, Joyce T. of Tyler and T. Ely of Albion, N.Y. He is survived by his grandchildren, Dorothy s and her husband s, Vaughan and her husband Bradley Vaughan, Royal and his

wife , Newell , , Margaret , Hugh , and . He is also survived by four great-grandchildren, , , and Vaughan. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral Wednesday morning at 11 o'clock at the Church of the Redeemer, 3rd Street, Rensselaer. Friends are invited and may call Tuesday evening 4-8 at the Rockefeller Funeral Home, 165 Columbia Tpk, Rensselaer. Burial will be in Greenbush Cemetery, Rensselaer. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3232 Jan Avenue, Tyler, TX 75701 or to the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144. Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Dear - I'm very sorry to hear of the death of your grandfather.

What a great man! His legacy will live on forever in those lives he

touched in so many wonderful ways. You and your family are all in our

prayers. - Granata

Vaughan wrote:

>

> I wanted to let you all know about the death of my grandfather. He

> was 88, in end stage reanal failure so it was expected (my mom emailed

> a picture of him at Christmas time in his Shriner's fez) So, while

> it's not a tragedy, it is still very sad. He lived with my mother

> (who is also in this group) in Texas and she was with him when he

> died. She has been amazing through it all! My daughter, , and

> I are flying to NY tomorrow for the funeral. I wanted to share his

> obituary with you guys just because he was such a great man. Please

> keep us in your prayers (my mom especially). Thanks,

>

> Mom to

> (8), (5)

> Will(ds) and

> Jake(3)

>

>

> Click here to View and Sign Guest Book

>

<http://www.legacy.com/TimesUnion-Albany/Guestbook.asp?Page=GuestBook & PersonID=1\

01577577>

> View/Sign Guestbook

>

<http://www.legacy.com/TimesUnion-Albany/Guestbook.asp?Page=GuestBook & PersonID=1\

01577577>

>

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Newell W.

>

> , Newell W. " Tim " TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. " Tim " , 88,

> formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on

> Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario,

> Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He

> lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School

> and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he

> returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the

> Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he

> was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer

> Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July

> 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two

> daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he

> became an American citizen and lived in Rensselaer. He retired after

> 35 years as a supervisor from the New York Telephone Company, Albany,

> N.Y. Mr. was an enthusiastic Mason with more than 50 years of

> membership. He was a former master of Greenbush-Schodack Union Masonic

> Lodge; he belonged to the temple chapter of the Knights Templar in

> Delmar, N.Y.; he belonged to the commandry of Cyprus Temple Shriners,

> and was a member of the Royal Order of Jesters and the Nite Owls. Mr.

> was also an Odd Fellow and served as past master of the Van

> Rensselaer Lodge IOOF. He was also a member of the American Legion,

> Blanchard Post in Delmar, and a life member of the Black Watch (RHR)

> of Canada. After the death of his first wife, Mr. married Jane

> R. Wirth of Albany, who also preceded him in death. Mr. had six

> siblings, Frederick of Chevy Chase, Md., Constance

> Levine of Melbourne, Fla., the late Alberta Riccio of

> Amsterdam, the late Walter Carney of Boston, Mass., the late

> Whittemore of Boston, and the late ph Sterling Marino of Troy. He

> is survived by his daughters, Joyce T. of Tyler and T.

> Ely of Albion, N.Y. He is survived by his grandchildren, Dorothy

> s and her husband s, Vaughan

> and her husband Bradley Vaughan, Royal and his wife

> , Newell , , Margaret

> , Hugh , and . He is also survived by four

> great-grandchildren, , , and Vaughan.

> Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral Wednesday

> morning at 11 o'clock at the Church of the Redeemer, 3rd Street,

> Rensselaer. Friends are invited and may call Tuesday evening 4-8 at

> the Rockefeller Funeral Home, 165 Columbia Tpk, Rensselaer. Burial

> will be in Greenbush Cemetery, Rensselaer. Memorial contributions may

> be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3232 Jan Avenue, Tyler, TX

> 75701 or to the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew

> Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer

> Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144.

>

>

He sounds like a wonderful man, I am sorry for your loss.

Irene

death in our family (off topic)

Mom to (8), (5)

Will(ds) and Jake(3)

View/Sign Guestbook

Newell W.

, Newell W. "Tim" TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. "Tim" , 88, formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he became an American citizen and lived in Rensselaer. He retired after 35 years as a supervisor from the New York Telephone Company, Albany, N.Y. Mr. was an enthusiastic Mason with more than 50 years of membership. He was a former master of Greenbush-Schodack Union Masonic Lodge; he belonged to the temple chapter of the Knights Templar in Delmar, N.Y.; he belonged to the commandry of Cyprus Temple Shriners, and was a member of the Royal Order of Jesters and the Nite Owls. Mr. was also an Odd Fellow and served as past master of the Van Rensselaer Lodge IOOF. He was also a member of the American Legion, Blanchard Post in Delmar, and a life member of the Black Watch (RHR) of Canada. After the death of his first wife, Mr. married Jane R. Wirth of Albany, who also preceded him in death. Mr. had six siblings, Frederick of Chevy Chase, Md., Constance Levine of Melbourne, Fla., the late Alberta Riccio of Amsterdam, the late Walter Carney of Boston, Mass., the late Whittemore of Boston, and the late ph Sterling Marino of Troy. He is survived by his daughters, Joyce T. of Tyler and T. Ely of Albion, N.Y. He is survived by his grandchildren, Dorothy s and her husband s, Vaughan and her husband Bradley Vaughan, Royal and his wife , Newell , , Margaret , Hugh , and . He is also survived by four great-grandchildren, , , and Vaughan. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral Wednesday morning at 11 o'clock at the Church of the Redeemer, 3rd Street, Rensselaer. Friends are invited and may call Tuesday evening 4-8 at the Rockefeller Funeral Home, 165 Columbia Tpk, Rensselaer. Burial will be in Greenbush Cemetery, Rensselaer. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Francis Episcopal Church, 3232 Jan Avenue, Tyler, TX 75701 or to the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144.

I never saw my response pop up on here regarding the loss of your Grandfather. I am resending another one to let you know how sorry I am and that we are sending lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family. He really sounded like an amazing man.

Deanna mom to

Alyssa, 14

, 12

Jarod, 7

(DS) 5

~i~Jordan (DS) 1/20/03-2/2/03

Re: death in our family (off topic)

Sorry for your family's loss , you will be in our prayers.

Cyndy

Vaughan <mom24vaughans> wrote:

I wanted to let you all know about the death of my grandfather.  He was 88, in end stage reanal failure so it was expected (my mom emailed a picture of him at Christmas time in his Shriner's fez)  So,  while it's not a tragedy, it is still very sad.  He lived with my mother (who is also in this group) in Texas and she was with him

when he died.  She has been amazing through it all!  My daughter, , and I are flying to NY tomorrow for the funeral.  I wanted to share his obituary with you guys just because he was such a great man. Please keep us in your prayers (my mom especially).  Thanks,

Mom to (8), (5)

Will(ds) and Jake(3)

View/Sign Guestbook Newell W. , Newell W. "Tim" TYLER, Texas Mr. Newell W. "Tim" , 88, formerly of Troy, N.Y., died at his Tyler, Texas residence on Wednesday, January 16, 2008. Mr. was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 24, 1919 to V. McCarthy and Albert W. . He lived his early life in Troy and graduated from Rensselaer High School and Troy Business College. Upon the outbreak of World War II, he returned to Canada and enlisted in the Canadian Army, serving in the Black Watch (RHR) Regiment. He fought in the European Theatre where he was awarded the France and Germany Star, the Canadian Volunteer Service Medal, and participated in the Dieppe Raid (1942). In July 1943, he married Dorothy G. of Rensselaer, with whom he had two daughters, Joyce and . Upon his separation from the Army, he became an

the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, 516 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104 or to the Church of the Redeemer Building Fund, 1249 Third St., Rensselaer, NY 12144.

Cyndy

Madeline (10), Kayley & Adrienne ds (2 1/2)

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!