RemedySpot.com

Re: welcome and raising multiples KAYThanks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks KAY,

You bring up excellent points, we want to have handouts and literature to provide support

for the new multiple families. I remember thinking how am I going to take care of 4 kids under 3?

So all books and handouts are great.

Our favorite book is "TAKING DOWN SYNDROME TO SCHOOL" it's a great resource for the

teachers and classmates. Zack's sister read it to her class since she is Zack's lunch buddy!

Irene

welcome and raising multiples

ie, I have triplets, one of which has DS. . They will be 9 in March - 3rd grade. We living in Arlington, VA. Welcome to the group! I read all the emails, but am pretty quiet. I get them at the office so I don't have a lot of time to respond and never feel like getting on the computer at home later - after being on it all day at work.

Irene, regarding your presentation - good luck. Sounds great. I think you mentioned all that I would have hit in regards to benefits for raising a child with DS as part of multiples.

Always tries to "keep up" with them.

Support system at home and school.

Playdates arranged for other siblings result in being a playdate at our house and involves all siblings usually so no one is left out.

Up until 2nd grade, when one would get invited to a b-day party all would get invited.

They definitely look out for each other.

The siblings def. help educate other kids/people.

There's a book called "The Gift" I think and there's also another new book called "Chicken Soup for the Soul .... " I can't remember it. On raising kids with disabilities or something like that.

Kay Tiernan, Mom to Jon, Liz, (Ds), 8 yrs. old, Arlington, VA

This communication is the property of Qwest and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.