RemedySpot.com

top subjects for multiples w/ds- JODIE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jodie,

I can't believe I forgot about potty training! We are 9 now and that nightmare seems like so long ago.

How old are your twins? Their age is helpful when giving suggestions. Boys, girls, mix? Once you

answer the qs I am sure many will have helpful ideas. My son Zack was 5 when he got the potty thing

we live in Florida and it was during the hurricanes a few years ago we were without power and all BOYS

had to do their business outside and it clicked. We didn't have #2 issues since he has always been

constipated it's a big deal when he goes, so we have time to see the clues (potty dance, frown, grabbing

butt). Hang in there :)

Irene

top subjects for multiples w/ds

Hi everyone,

My friend a social worker for CMS (children's medical services) and I have submitted

an outline to be presenters at our annual Family Cafe (disabilities weekend). Each

year we attend and the presentations are amazing, I always wish there was one on the

unique world of MULTIPLES w/ disabilities. There are alot of us out there so I wondered

if you all have very specific MULTIPLE issues that you would want addressed/discussed.

Of course we will discuss the obvious: time, fairness, seperation in school, medical issues

and the such, but is there anything else,we should be sure not to overlook? Do you have

any favorite resource,book,movie etc we should mention? the special bond, the constant

therapy that same age sibling(s) provide, the perfect control group for development...

Any input would be valuable. I will stress that every family get hooked up with an internet

group, I couldn't imagine not having all of you out there to bounce ideas off and vent!

Thanks, Irene

As we get closer to the presentation I know I will have more questions, thanks for helping.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.