around a week ago, i thought it was just a short way of doing it. so thankyou

very much. shawna

• 2 months later...

>

> Hi, Everyone.....a ...welcome to the group. My son, Gareth,

is 18 and

> was never trached so I can't really offer any help. I am sure

someone will

> chime in though and offer some help. Is he also autistic?

> Take care, Everyone.

> Margaret

> <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now

offers free

> email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

> http://www.aol.com.

>

>

>

Guest guest

uhoh, now there are two of us " shawna " s what do we do now? shawna, nathan's mom,

in iowa, under all this snow,lol .

Re: a

>

> Hi, Everyone.....a ...welcome to the group. My son, Gareth,

is 18 and

> was never trached so I can't really offer any help. I am sure

someone will

> chime in though and offer some help. Is he also autistic?

> Take care, Everyone.

> Margaret

> <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now

offers free

> email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

> http://www.aol.com.

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> uhoh, now there are two of us " shawna " s what do we do now? shawna,

nathan's mom, in iowa, under all this snow,lol .

Hi a,

Our new member spells her name like this: Shaunna.

She has a little one, a 3 y/o.

We're alright on the names only for us to remember when writing it

down. Plus we could do the " 's mom or Iowa mom " . ; )

Stay warm.

Irma

Guest guest

whew, at least we spell it differently. Its not too cold like it was last month,

just lots and lots and lots of snow, ive havent heard how much last night during

the blizzard, suppose to have 12-15inches, and we just got 9inches a few days

before, i keep having to use up my pto for snow days, uuugh. shawna

Re: a

>

> uhoh, now there are two of us " shawna " s what do we do now? shawna,

nathan's mom, in iowa, under all this snow,lol .

Hi a,

Our new member spells her name like this: Shaunna.

She has a little one, a 3 y/o.

We're alright on the names only for us to remember when writing it

down. Plus we could do the " 's mom or Iowa mom " . ; )

Stay warm.

Irma

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL

at AOL.com.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/2/2007 10:28:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

sewshawna@... writes:

uhoh, now there are two of us " shawna " s what do we do now? shawna, nathan's

mom, in iowa, under all this snow,lol .

I know....you were the only a I *knew* a. Must be a rare

name. But then, I know TONS of Joans, but only ONE on this list.....;-)

Donna

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now offers free

email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

http://www.aol.com.

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

thanks for the prayers, I do carry info in our own vehicles, but we were in

grandma's convertable for a sunday evening drive, and i only carry a pocket card

for each of us in my purse, it has the necessities. I dont know if the medical

personal would look in my purse for the info if i was unconcious, not sure what

to do, nathan wont carry his wallet all the time either as of yet, and he hid

his watch somewhere, so hasnt been wearing that either. shawna

Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN.

http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthwlm

• 1 month later...

Too much water in Texas and Iowa. We in GA have NONE and need some of

yours!! And there is no global warming? That's like saying there is no

co-morbidity with ds/asd.

>

> a........I am so sorry to hear that you have been affected by the

> flooding. I know we live in a huge country and you always hope that your

> friends

> aren't in any areas affected. I have been thinking of you and others for a

>

> couple of days. Prayers coming your way for lots of bright, warm sunshine.

>

> Take care, Everyone.

> Margaret

>

> ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL

> at

> http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

>

>

• 11 months later...

Hi . Thank you for the information. and will be starting school Tues. We will be following 's speech development closely. I'll be sure and contact you if we resume pursuing an AAC device.

I just love all the support we can give and receive on this list serve.

Thanks again.

a

a

a,

We tested 4 or 5 units and finally settled on the Vantage Lite by

Prentke Romich Co. We haven't actually seen the Lite b/c it will come

out next month, but it has the same language/set up as the current

Vantage, only in a smaller package. We will get our hands on one before

we actually submit our request for purchase. Our private SLP actually

suggested we start exploring the AAC devices, but the school SLP got the

eval done and began requesting devices from the state (we live in

Illinois and there is a state agency from whom you can request devices

to try out). This particular device is one that I think will grow with

Luke. You're absolutely right--it takes some time for the child to

learn how the device works, but once they figure out that they can

communicate and get what they want when using it, boy is that amazing!

If you want any more info, e-mail me off-list and I'm happy to chat with

you about it!

It's time to go back to school! Get the latest trends and gadgets that make the grade on AOL Shopping.

Hi a

I remember what it was like when the boys were 5 yrs old. It was not always easy and I was a single parent for a year already. My days were very busy working fulltime and then looking after the boys after with no breaks. Going grocery shopping was so much fun having the boys in their double stroller and pulling a shopping cart.I Tried having on of the boys in the shopping cart but the food would just go flying. The boys were very buys and I had to watch them every minute of the day. My screen door on my front door had a change on it because the boys would unlock the door and take off out the front door. figured out how to climb over the back deck wall and flip himself over so he would land on his feet on the ground. The ground was only about three feet down. I looked out the upstairs window on day and saw this little blonde hair boy walking down the street. I thought hmm what a cute little boy out by himself I wonder where his mother is. I then realized it was and I took off like a flash and when I caught up to him, he looked at me and said I go for a walk mom ( in his five year old talk which was more like baby talk). I could not figure how he got out,so I let him go outside again and I hid and watched him do his little climbing job. I had the fence raised after that and he did not wander off that way any more. It has only been in the past year or so the boys are starting to mature and they are easier to reason with. They rarely want to wander off now and they seem to understand cause and effect a lot better now.

It does get easier,

Take Care Caroline

mom to Neil and 14 almost 15 years old

Re: A re-introductionTo: Multiples-DS Received: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 3:50 PM

Hi ,

Isn't it amazing how our kids survived. the boys were 32 weekers and was 3lb 12 oz, 3lbs 1 oz and 2 lbs 13 oz. At the old age of 8.5 they now weigh 85, 105 and 108. The doctors were worried about he boys being so big for downs and we had a bone age done. by that they are 11yrs old. The doctor feels they will top out at 5ft 5inches. Not too bad. Just wish they were more like at times, but not complaining. took my keys the other day and opened the dead bolt... I have so many keys, I had no idea he could do it. we just moved the keys out of reach... They always keep me on my toes....

Sandy Weber ,

mom to Way too Many! Including Triplets!

WAHF Talk Radio Host www.wahftalkradio. com

Belly Buster Diet, Inc. www.bellybusterdiet .com"We didn't invent dieting....we just made it FUN!"

Weight Start 326/Current 220/Goal 155

Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Hi Caroline. Thank you for sharing your stories with me. I love the fact that you can relate.

Yesterday I lost (the more likely of the two to be creatively gone) and found him in

the front load dryer. He was just sitting there looking so proud! I can't take me eyes off him.

We have to use a dead bolt on any door we want to be sure remains closed. Then, whenever he finds

a key he tries to unlock the door.

We use a lot of bathroom/bedroom door locks, the kind that you have to put a pin into to unlock. Then when he

tries to open the door, he asks you to lift him up so he can grab the pin which is hanging on a nail at about 5 feet off the ground. He really wants to unlock the door and get in himself. He does not want me to do it for him. So smart!!!

a

Hi a

I remember what it was like when the boys were 5 yrs old. It was not always easy and I was a single parent for a year already. My days were very busy working fulltime and then looking after the boys after with no breaks. Going grocery shopping was so much fun having the boys in their double stroller and pulling a shopping cart.I Tried having on of the boys in the shopping cart but the food would just go flying. The boys were very buys and I had to watch them every minute of the day. My screen door on my front door had a change on it because the boys would unlock the door and take off out the front door. figured out how to climb over the back deck wall and flip himself over so he would land on his feet on the ground. The ground was only about three feet down. I looked out the upstairs window on day and saw this little blonde hair boy walking down the street. I thought hmm what a cute little boy out by himself I wonder where his mother is. I then realized it was and I took off like a flash and when I caught up to him, he looked at me and said I go for a walk mom ( in his five year old talk which was more like baby talk). I could not figure how he got out,so I let him go outside again and I hid and watched him do his little climbing job. I had the fence raised after that and he did not wander off that way any more. It has only been in the past year or so the boys are starting to mature and they are easier to reason with. They rarely want to wander off now and they seem to understand cause and effect a lot better now.

It does get easier,

Take Care Caroline

mom to Neil and 14 almost 15 years old

Re: A re-introduction

To: Multiples-DS

Received: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 3:50 PM

Hi ,

Isn't it amazing how our kids survived. the boys were 32 weekers and was 3lb 12 oz, 3lbs 1 oz and 2 lbs 13 oz. At the old age of 8.5 they now weigh 85, 105 and 108. The doctors were worried about he boys being so big for downs and we had a bone age done. by that they are 11yrs old. The doctor feels they will top out at 5ft 5inches. Not too bad. Just wish they were more like at times, but not complaining. took my keys the other day and opened the dead bolt... I have so many keys, I had no idea he could do it. we just moved the keys out of reach... They always keep me on my toes....

Sandy Weber ,

mom to Way too Many! Including Triplets!

WAHF Talk Radio Host www.wahftalkradio. com

Belly Buster Diet, Inc. www.bellybusterdiet .com"We didn't invent dieting....we just made it FUN!"

Weight Start 326/Current 220/Goal 155

We have that problem, but more in public. Davey LOVES to hide from us. It gets scary at times.Hi Caroline. Thank you for sharing your stories with me. I love the fact that you can relate.Yesterday I lost (the more likely of the two to be creatively gone) and found him in the front load dryer. He was just sitting there looking so proud! I can't take me eyes off him. We have to use a dead bolt on any door we want to be sure remains closed. Then, whenever he findsa key he tries to unlock the door.We use a lot of bathroom/bedroom door locks, the kind that you have to put a pin into to unlock. Then when hetries to open the door, he asks you to lift him up so he can grab the pin which is hanging on a nail at about 5 feet off the ground. He really wants to unlock the door and get in himself. He does not want me to do it for him. So smart!!!a Hi aI remember what it was like when the boys were 5 yrs old. It was not always easy and I was a single parent for a year already. My days were very busy working fulltime and then looking after the boys after with no breaks. Going grocery shopping was so much fun having the boys in their double stroller and pulling a shopping cart.I Tried having on of the boys in the shopping cart but the food would just go flying. The boys were very buys and I had to watch them every minute of the day. My screen door on my front door had a change on it because the boys would unlock the door and take off out the front door. figured out how to climb over the back deck wall and flip himself over so he would land on his feet on the ground. The ground was only about three feet down. I looked out the upstairs window on day and saw this little blonde hair boy walking down the street. I thought hmm what a cute little boy out by himself I wonder where his mother is. I then realized it was and I took off like a flash and when I caught up to him, he looked at me and said I go for a walk mom ( in his five year old talk which was more like baby talk). I could not figure how he got out,so I let him go outside again and I hid and watched him do his little climbing job. I had the fence raised after that and he did not wander off that way any more. It has only been in the past year or so the boys are starting to mature and they are easier to reason with. They rarely want to wander off now and they seem to understand cause and effect a lot better now.It does get easier, Take Care Carolinemom to Neil and 14 almost 15 years old Re: A re-introductionTo: Multiples-DS Received: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 3:50 PMHi ,Isn't it amazing how our kids survived. the boys were 32 weekers and was 3lb 12 oz, 3lbs 1 oz and 2 lbs 13 oz. At the old age of 8.5 they now weigh 85, 105 and 108. The doctors were worried about he boys being so big for downs and we had a bone age done. by that they are 11yrs old. The doctor feels they will top out at 5ft 5inches. Not too bad. Just wish they were more like at times, but not complaining. took my keys the other day and opened the dead bolt... I have so many keys, I had no idea he could do it. we just moved the keys out of reach... They always keep me on my toes....Sandy Weber , mom to Way too Many! Including Triplets!WAHF Talk Radio Host www.wahftalkradio. com Belly Buster Diet, Inc. www.bellybusterdiet .com"We didn't invent dieting....we just made it FUN!"Weight Start 326/Current 220/Goal 155 Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!