RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Would breast milk for an older child be beneficial?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm still b'feeding my son - he's almost 4.  I haven't been able to bring myself to stop as I have always felt there was something in the breast milk he needed.After doing yasko and understanding his genetics I now  believe that something is BH4.  I have researched this and breastmilk becomes higher in BH4 later in breastfeeding.  When Charlie was a baby he constantly fed. It was the only thing that got rid of his distress.  I never felt he was comfort feeding though. He would have a feed then stop by himself.  Following illness when ammonia would rise and deplete BH4 he would become manic for breastmilk.  This was also what brought him around after each episode of not breathing.

As we have improved his methylation his need for breastmilk has decreased.  I'm not suggesting this is the case for all asd children.  My theory would only apply if they were low in BH4 (which is depleted by removal of ammonia.  There can be several reasons for increased ammonia.

There is also a link with BH4 and tryptophan metabolism.  I'm going to ask our nutritionist to discuss this with Shattock when she next meets with him.  ESPA research IAG permability  test has something to do with tryptophan metabolism.

Not sure how I'm actually going to stop feeding but it is coming to the time I need to.  I've just started supplementing with very low dose BH4 . If BH4 is the reason this should help.

BwAlison RAlison RAlison R

Coleen

I am in the same situation i had the same taught a few weeks back i expressed milk but he refuses to drink it!! ill keep trying it will do no harm Caroline