RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: pain & people with DS (Sheryl)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here is both the articles I sent before about pain.

http://www.ds-health.com/abst/a0103.htm

Here is another one I just found also.

http://www.docguide.com/news/content.nsf/news/BCF21BA13B921B57852569A8004F8414?OpenDocument & id=1A15FA105FBDB711852568720071566F & c=Pain & count=10

Hope these both open for you if not I will send them again.

Judy 's Mom

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 12:20:33 PMSubject: Re: Re: pain & people with DS

I can't find the original article; would someone mind re-forwarding it to me.... thanks.

We've noticed that my daughter only reacts when receiving vaccinations that really hurt/sting (according to my pediatrician) -- e.g., she'll get four shots, and only cry after receiving two of them (versus her typical siblings who will react equally to all four).... so she is truly reacting to the (minimal) pain.

Sheryl

From: Al Veerhoff <aveerhoffaol (DOT) com>To: Multiples-DS@ yahoogroups. comSent: Friday, December 12, 2008 8:35:42 PMSubject: Re: Re: pain & people with DS

I wasn't aware how slowly children with DS respond to pain until I read the medical paper. It explains why Will gets angry when he has an earache, and he doesn't talk about the pain.Our pediatricians certainly have been aware of it. They have never started any procedure with the twins without giving them some kind of painkiller in advance. Like the way the dentist gives you Novocain before drilling.Al Veerhoff, father to 18-year-old identicals with DS. Re: pain & people with DSThat is a very interesting

article. When Marcel had is hand surgeryearlier this year we got all these pain meds and he did not express anypain whatsoever. I only gave him the meds the evening after the surgerycause I was afraid he may not sleep well without it. Same when he hadhis tubes placed. He was up and about without expressing any pain. Nowthat makes me a bit worried cause maybe he can feel it but not expressit. So maybe we just should give them the medications to be sure?Anja, mom to Celine (5) ID twins Marcel & Fabien (21mo DS)