RemedySpot.com

Re: My Family

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome ,Your family is lovely! This is a great group, so glad you found us.We are in Reno NV. mom to Amy 21, Kelsey 18, Davey (DS) 8 and Will 8Hi my name is . I am 40 years old. At 20 I have my first child, Elisha, she was born with down syndrome. I had my next daughter at age 22 and then my 3rd at 25.My other two daughter were born 'normal'. I have a 12 month old now. His name is Mason. He was also born with down syndrome. I was blessed over and over again. I live in the burg Pa area. I felt like I was the only one with 2 downs children. I wouldn't change this for anything. <mason fish.jpg><087.JPG><006.JPG><117.JPG>

Welcome

My name is Cyndi, I'm 39 yrs old. I had my first son at 21 yrs, my second son when I was 32 born with Down Syndrome, my third son when I was 37 yrs old and now pregnant with my 4th child a girl who will be born with Down Syndrome in 2 weeks. I really thought I was the only one with 2 biological children born with DS. I love my son and will love my daughter, but I am not sure how something like that happens... some kids with and some kids without.. It must be a God thing. :)

Your family is beautiful!

Cyndi

Subject: My FamilyTo: Multiples-DS Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 3:09 PM

Hi my name is . I am 40 years old. At 20 I have my first child, Elisha, she was born with down syndrome. I had my next daughter at age 22 and then my 3rd at 25.

My other two daughter were born 'normal'. I have a 12 month old now. His name is Mason. He was also born with down syndrome. I was blessed over and over again. I live in the burg Pa area. I felt like I was the only one with 2 downs children. I wouldn't change this for anything.

Hi ,I'm Gayla and I'm also 40 with two kids with Down syndrome. Mercede would be two years younger than Elisha. She was born on my 22nd birthday. Cheyenne was born when I was 23 (turned 24 a week after she was born). I have Aysha whom is 4 years old, she is my firs bio child with out DS. My other two have the inherited from of Translocation Trisomy 21 which was inherited from me. Aysha is also a carrier of it.

Does Elisha still go to school? Mercede will go to school til she is 21, I think Cheyenne til she is 19. Cheyenne is 16 and can stay at home by herself but Mercede has to have 24/7 care.Can't wait to hear more. Your family is beautiful.

Gaylahttp://wheresmyangels.blogspot.com/

Hi my name is . I am 40 years old. At 20 I have my first child, Elisha, she was born with down syndrome. I had my next daughter at age 22 and then my 3rd at 25.

My other two daughter were born 'normal'. I have a 12 month old now. His name is Mason. He was also born with down syndrome. I was blessed over and over again. I live in the burg Pa area. I felt like I was the only one with 2 downs children. I wouldn't change this for anything.

-- Gayla

Hi - Not sure if this is a check in post or a welcome to the group post but it's so good to hear from you. You live not so far away from me (Long Island) and I have friends in your area. Perhaps the next time we visit with our friends there (in Mechanicsburg) we'll arrange for a visit (likely nest Spring/Summer). I have 3 1/2 year old identical twin boys with DS and a 7 year old daughter w/o DS. You are right... truly, I've been not just doubly blessed with the boys but with my daughter as well. All of our lives are brighter for it! xo maggie

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:09:00 PMSubject: My Family

Maggie,

It's good to hear from you. I really thought I was the only one with 2 downs children. I would love to meet you and your angels. I live in New Cumberland Pa. That's about 20 min. from Mechanicsburg. The parents on this site are the children adopted? What does it mean check in post? I am very new to this. Glad to hear from you.

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:04:45 PMSubject: Re: My Family

Hi - Not sure if this is a check in post or a welcome to the group post but it's so good to hear from you. You live not so far away from me (Long Island) and I have friends in your area. Perhaps the next time we visit with our friends there (in Mechanicsburg) we'll arrange for a visit (likely nest Spring/Summer) . I have 3 1/2 year old identical twin boys with DS and a 7 year old daughter w/o DS. You are right... truly, I've been not just doubly blessed with the boys but with my daughter as well. All of our lives are brighter for it! xo maggie

From: Caylor <annacayloryahoo (DOT) com>To: Multiples-DS@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:09:00 PMSubject: My Family

Welcome, your family is beautiful. Hope to hear more about them soon. We

live in Florida with 10 yr old triplets; Zack ds, Nick, and their 12 yr brother

Jake.

Irene

My Family

Welcome , I live near Philadelphia and always thought we were the only family with two biological children with Down syndrome until I found this group. It's a comforting feeling to know we are not alone! My husband and I have four children, Annie is 17, Dylan is 16 Nate is 12, and Lily is 5. Both Nate and Lily and Down syndrome. It has become quite apparent that these two children were destine to be together and I've come to realize how lucky we are that God chose our family as their home. Carolyn

Maggie,

It's good to hear from you. I really thought I was the only one with 2 downs children. I would love to meet you and your angels. I live in New Cumberland Pa. That's about 20 min. from Mechanicsburg. The parents on this site are the children adopted? What does it mean check in post? I am very new to this. Glad to hear from you.

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:04:45 PMSubject: Re: My Family

Hi - Not sure if this is a check in post or a welcome to the group post but it's so good to hear from you. You live not so far away from me (Long Island) and I have friends in your area. Perhaps the next time we visit with our friends there (in Mechanicsburg) we'll arrange for a visit (likely nest Spring/Summer) . I have 3 1/2 year old identical twin boys with DS and a 7 year old daughter w/o DS. You are right... truly, I've been not just doubly blessed with the boys but with my daughter as well. All of our lives are brighter for it! xo maggie

From: Caylor <annacayloryahoo (DOT) com>To: Multiples-DS@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:09:00 PMSubject: My Family

, some kids are adopted on this site, others aren't. Some people only have one child with DS but gave birth to multiples with one of them having DS. If you post regularly, you don't have to worry about the check in post except to read what others are up too. But if you haven't posted, it reminds you it is time or you could be removed from the group for not being active.

Hope I answered the questions.

Maggie,

To: Multiples-DS

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:04:45 PMSubject: Re: My Family

Hi - Not sure if this is a check in post or a welcome to the group post but it's so good to hear from you. You live not so far away from me (Long Island) and I have friends in your area. Perhaps the next time we visit with our friends there (in Mechanicsburg) we'll arrange for a visit (likely nest Spring/Summer) . I have 3 1/2 year old identical twin boys with DS and a 7 year old daughter w/o DS. You are right... truly, I've been not just doubly blessed with the boys but with my daughter as well. All of our lives are brighter for it!

xo maggie

From: Caylor <annacayloryahoo (DOT) com>To: Multiples-DS@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:09:00 PM

Subject: My Family

-- Gayla

- Yes, everything "G" said is true. Some of the children with DS are adopted and some are natural. Some have a little of both. Some have multiples where one or both have children have DS and some have two or more children with DS who are not part of multiples. Whatever the configuration, all are welcome. You are not alone.

I'm relatively new to the group as well and I have to say, they are a loving and informative gang of people. Very open-minded as we're all in the same or similar boats and yet we may all be living our lives and dealing with our challenges very differently... it's all ok. Everyone's here to help.

I've never met anyone face-to-face from this group but it sounds like there's enough of us in the Northeast region that we could put something together... maybe for the summer.

xo maggie

Mom to Olivia '01 and & '05 (ID w/ DS)

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 11:51:25 AMSubject: Re: My Family

, some kids are adopted on this site, others aren't. Some people only have one child with DS but gave birth to multiples with one of them having DS. If you post regularly, you don't have to worry about the check in post except to read what others are up too. But if you haven't posted, it reminds you it is time or you could be removed from the group for not being active.Hope I answered the questions.

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Caylor <annacayloryahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

Maggie,

To: Multiples-DS@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:04:45 PMSubject: Re: My Family

-- Gayla

Cyndi,

I am excited for you. So you had prenatal testing done? How has your pregnancy been?

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:21:43 PMSubject: Re: My Family

Welcome

My name is Cyndi, I'm 39 yrs old. I had my first son at 21 yrs, my second son when I was 32 born with Down Syndrome, my third son when I was 37 yrs old and now pregnant with my 4th child a girl who will be born with Down Syndrome in 2 weeks. I really thought I was the only one with 2 biological children born with DS. I love my son and will love my daughter, but I am not sure how something like that happens... some kids with and some kids without.. It must be a God thing. :)

Your family is beautiful!

Cyndi

From: Caylor <annacayloryahoo (DOT) com>Subject: My FamilyTo: Multiples-DS@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 3:09 PM

Hello Gayla,

Yes Elisha will continue to go to school till she is 21. I will have 2 children that graduate the same year. That's okay. We are trying to find a college for Elisha. There are some school that accept ds children.......I still look at her like shes a child. To me she always will be. Did Aysha have test done to determine if she is a carrier? Do any of your children have health issues?

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:23:17 PMSubject: Re: My Family

Hi ,I'm Gayla and I'm also 40 with two kids with Down syndrome. Mercede would be two years younger than Elisha. She was born on my 22nd birthday. Cheyenne was born when I was 23 (turned 24 a week after she was born). I have Aysha whom is 4 years old, she is my firs bio child with out DS. My other two have the inherited from of Translocation Trisomy 21 which was inherited from me. Aysha is also a carrier of it.Does Elisha still go to school? Mercede will go to school til she is 21, I think Cheyenne til she is 19. Cheyenne is 16 and can stay at home by herself but Mercede has to have 24/7 care.Can't wait to hear more. Your family is beautiful.Gaylahttp://wheresmyange ls.blogspot. com/

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Caylor <annacayloryahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

-- Gayla

Yes, we had Aysha tested at birth. I told the Dr. to have her tested for down syndrome even if he thought she didn't have it. That way we would know if she was a carrier or not and insurance would pay for it.Both Mercede and Cheyenne were born with the AVCanal heart defect. Both had surgeries around 6 months of age. Mercede had open heart again at age 16 to replace her mirtal valve. Mercede had also had ear tubes (3sets), she had stints placed in her tear ducts but the surgery went bad and the stints came out only hours after surgery. She has had a fundoplication for reflux. She has had her esophagus dilated around 3 to 4 times as it has a stricture. It needs to be dilated again but we put it off as long as we can. She has thyroid issues and sleep apnea. She is on blood thinners for life because of the artificial valve.She has had her tonsils and adnoids taken out for her apnea. She still has issues with it and is suppose to use a bi-pap machine but refuses too. She also has some behavioral issues lately but they are getting much better. High school was been a big change for her. Cheyenne also has severe sleep apnea. She had her tonsils and adnoids out when she was two and then year later we noticed she was having alot of sleep issues. She ended up having surgery on her lingual tonsil on the back of her tongue. Still has alot of issues. They wanted to give her a trach but I refused it, I figured she would have more issues from that. Plus a friend of mines son went thru the same thing, they went the trach route and she told me not to do it. Cheyenne also has a bi-pap machine. She is better than Mercede at using it. We can tell that Cheyenne's apnea has really affected her learning ability. While she does okay, she has regressed in many area's. Her speech used to be very good but it gets worse every year now. I heard this can be common. But it upsets me because she used to speak so clearly. both girls get private speech for an hour each week.

I wanted to let you know there is a teen and adult list serve on YaHoo, you can go here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DS_Teens_Plus/ this group is more active, but I have gotten alot of good information from the other group, since it is geared toward older children.

Hello Gayla,

Yes Elisha will continue to go to school till she is 21. I will have 2 children that graduate the same year. That's okay. We are trying to find a college for Elisha. There are some school that accept ds children.......I still look at her like shes a child. To me she always will be. Did Aysha have test done to determine if she is a carrier? Do any of your children have health issues?

To: Multiples-DS

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:23:17 PMSubject: Re: My Family

Hi ,I'm Gayla and I'm also 40 with two kids with Down syndrome. Mercede would be two years younger than Elisha. She was born on my 22nd birthday. Cheyenne was born when I was 23 (turned 24 a week after she was born). I have Aysha whom is 4 years old, she is my firs bio child with out DS. My other two have the inherited from of Translocation Trisomy 21 which was inherited from me. Aysha is also a carrier of it.

Does Elisha still go to school? Mercede will go to school til she is 21, I think Cheyenne til she is 19. Cheyenne is 16 and can stay at home by herself but Mercede has to have 24/7 care.Can't wait to hear more. Your family is beautiful.

Gaylahttp://wheresmyange ls.blogspot. com/

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Caylor <annacayloryahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

-- Gayla

-- Gayla