RemedySpot.com

Sports & stuff....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello All!For those who have one child with Ds and other without, at what age did you start your kiddos with Ds in sports or activities(T-Ball, Karate, etc.)?  We are taking this year to find out what the boys like, don't like and what they want to continue.  Since they just turned 6 in Dec., I already feel like they are behind in skills, so I didn't want to keep Ray from doing things and want to include Sam as much as possible.  HOWEVER, Sam is just not ready and is all over the place for Karate and T-Ball.  Did you separate them by putting your child with Ds in special needs activities?  I am really trying to keep them together and I find most parents/instructors are tolerant and welcoming, but it's a LOT of work on me and I'm not able to enjoy/help my son without Ds much as I'm chasing and keeping Sam on task and focused. I'm trying to incorporate a little help from cousins, but it's not always possible.  I don't want to push Sam to do things he's not ready for, but I also don't want him to feel left out.  He's VERY indecisive these days with many things and I can't tell what he really wants.  Just curious as to what others did in the same situation.  

Any input appreciated!Thanks!Sherry, Mom to Ray & Sam(Ds), 6