RemedySpot.com

Weight loss in one twin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi!Casey and Connor have always been within a pound of each other and were intially GREAT eaters. They both got a stomach virus about a month after they turned 1 and they quit eating. We have worked hard to get them back to eating anything. At this point they both live on dry Cheerios, graham crackers, yogurt, egg, waffles and toast. That is it. No fruit. No veg. I try everyday but they refuse completely. They won't eat meat or cheese or pasta. We supplement with Carnation Instant breakfast 2 times a day for the extra calories and vitamins as per our pediatrician. Casey is holding steady with his weight. Connor is losing. He was 24.11 in October fully clothed. At a weight check last week partially clothed he was down to 22.11. When you lose 10% of your weight and you're that

small I would think it would be a concern. Everyone just keeps telling me it's normal. He'll eventually eat more. It's a phase. I am getting worried about him. Speech therapy has been working on muscle tone issues in his mouth and he is progressing wonderfully but he still won't eat more than a small amount of things. Does anyone have experience with this? I feel like I am going unheard here.Meghan momma to C & C 2 yr IDS with DSp.s. We are expecting again and just found out yesterday we are having a little girl! I am so excited to buy PINK! http://caseynconnor12409.blogspot.com/2010/02/2.htmlGod doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with Down syndrome doesn't TAKE a special family, it MAKES a special family....