the Dr I can tell right away how much he is going to listen, care, and

understand the depth of the situation.

love and hugs,

----- Original Message -----

< >

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:30 AM

Subject: , e, and Rogene

> Thanks girls for your answers. I'm still hanging in here. Some days

> its easy and some days its really hard--one day at a time.

> Rogene, you were one of the first to answer me when I first got on

> the computer about three years ago. You sent me your suggestions on

> getting better after silicone. I still have it. Love, Phyllis

>

>

>

>

Well, everyone, I am at my wits end again. I am one test away from being officially diagnosed with CA--multiple myeloma. I have all the hallmarks of this CA--Bence protein, ostephytes all over my spine, and hypercalcemia. I've had hypercalcemia for about 2 yrs now, my rheumy never picked up on it, but then there was never a reason to do anything about it. Myeloma is usually diagnosed late in the course of the disease, and by then vertebral collapse is imminent and usually not far off. With my latest xrays, CT, and MRI of my back and neck, there really is no hope of repairing the damage that has been done. I saw a neurosurgeon today for a second opinion about what to do with my low back and neck. He recommended epidural steroid injections in my low back and he normally would redo the cervical fusion, but with a dx of multiple myeloma, he doesn't know that he'd redo the fusion, as my prognosis is not too good. I have not been given a prognosis, but have been told that usually at the time of dx, 50% of pts will die within 3 months due to the CA invading the entire body. 90% of the pts will live 3 with yrs chemo and radiation therapy, which I refuse to have. Of course there are variances of these #'s. But the picture is all coming together. Multiple myeloma typically affects the spine, neck, kidneys, and lungs. All over pain is the major complaint, with back pain the most common. Osteoporosis is common, along with osteophytes, fractures, and other problems. Asthma is common. Kidney failure is common. Chest pain secondary to difficulty breathing related to bone pain in the thoracic area is common. I have all of these. I don't have full blown kidney failure, but the beginnings of it. The doctors need to try to prevent kidney failure so they are going to discuss with me at my next appt the administration of drug to prevent the blockage of the renal tubules by protein. I'm not even sure I want to continue. Why prolong the misery? I just am in shock, though. I turn 32 on Jan 12, and you'd expect me to be turning 80. Some birthday present, huh???? e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:14 AM Subject: Re: , e, and Rogene It is tough for some of us more than others, hang tough girl, you will makeit, your a strong woman, I think you will find a middle of the road way tohandle the situation with Dr's, what feels right, usually I find when I meetthe Dr I can tell right away how much he is going to listen, care, andunderstand the depth of the situation.love and hugs,----- Original Message -----From: "filisann2000" <Filisann@...>< >Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:30 AMSubject: , e, and Rogene> Thanks girls for your answers. I'm still hanging in here. Some days> its easy and some days its really hard--one day at a time.> Rogene, you were one of the first to answer me when I first got on> the computer about three years ago. You sent me your suggestions on> getting better after silicone. I still have it. Love, Phyllis>>>>

Dear Dear justine my heart aches for your situation, this is why I guess I am so so so against implants, I mean I just get so worked up when I here sad story after sad story about what implants have done to us. How can anyone use them, implant these devices into anyone, it makes me sick, and I think if people were honest (ps's when they went over every possibility) allot less women would be getting them.

I will say a prayer for you e, tonight with my husband, maybe there is a chance that this is not really what you have, maybe there is a mistake somewhere. I can't believe you have been through so much in such a short amount of time with your health due to iimplants, oh it makes me so sad.

I swear sometimes I just don't understand what the reasons are that we had to go through this. When will the truth come out about what implants are doing to us.

If people keep defending them, and people keep getting them and sticking up for them and saying they are safe even when they themselves have symptoms of illness, how on earth will anyone ever believe in us!

Ok I am going off on a tirade and I should not do that, but I think we all know where I am coming from.

Please ladies know that I care deeply about each and every one of you and that despite how passionate I may get I cry and cry for us all, my heart breaks when I think of all we went through, this travesty that is breast implants, what a nightmare it is.

e I will always be here for you, day or night, If there is anything I can do I will do it, remember I care.

Love and hugs,

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 6:39 AM

Subject: Re: , e, and Rogene

Well, everyone, I am at my wits end again. I am one test away from being officially diagnosed with CA--multiple myeloma. I have all the hallmarks of this CA--Bence protein, ostephytes all over my spine, and hypercalcemia. I've had hypercalcemia for about 2 yrs now, my rheumy never picked up on it, but then there was never a reason to do anything about it. Myeloma is usually diagnosed late in the course of the disease, and by then vertebral collapse is imminent and usually not far off. With my latest xrays, CT, and MRI of my back and neck, there really is no hope of repairing the damage that has been done. I saw a neurosurgeon today for a second opinion about what to do with my low back and neck. He recommended epidural steroid injections in my low back and he normally would redo the cervical fusion, but with a dx of multiple myeloma, he doesn't know that he'd redo the fusion, as my prognosis is not too good. I have not been given a prognosis, but have been told that usually at the time of dx, 50% of pts will die within 3 months due to the CA invading the entire body. 90% of the pts will live 3 with yrs chemo and radiation therapy, which I refuse to have. Of course there are variances of these #'s. But the picture is all coming together. Multiple myeloma typically affects the spine, neck, kidneys, and lungs. All over pain is the major complaint, with back pain the most common. Osteoporosis is common, along with osteophytes, fractures, and other problems. Asthma is common. Kidney failure is common. Chest pain secondary to difficulty breathing related to bone pain in the thoracic area is common. I have all of these. I don't have full blown kidney failure, but the beginnings of it. The doctors need to try to prevent kidney failure so they are going to discuss with me at my next appt the administration of drug to prevent the blockage of the renal tubules by protein. I'm not even sure I want to continue. Why prolong the misery? I just am in shock, though. I turn 32 on Jan 12, and you'd expect me to be turning 80. Some birthday present, huh????

e

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:14 AM

It is tough for some of us more than others, hang tough girl, you will makeit, your a strong woman, I think you will find a middle of the road way tohandle the situation with Dr's, what feels right, usually I find when I meetthe Dr I can tell right away how much he is going to listen, care, andunderstand the depth of the situation.love and hugs,----- Original Message -----From: "filisann2000" <Filisann@...>< >Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:30 AMSubject: , e, and Rogene> Thanks girls for your answers. I'm still hanging in here. Some days> its easy and some days its really hard--one day at a time.> Rogene, you were one of the first to answer me when I first got on> the computer about three years ago. You sent me your suggestions on> getting better after silicone. I still have it. Love, Phyllis>>>>

e,

this is very sad news, and I do hope that your final test comes out normal. I want to encourage you in this time to investigate the medical protocol of Dr. Max Gerson, who cured terminal cases of cancer many times over and presented his findings to Congress in 1946. That was half a century ago, and even though the pharmaceutical lobbyists prevailed over his efforts, all these years his nutritional program has continued to be used to cure cancer patients all over the world. I hope you will look into this therapy--it is beneficial for all people, no matter what the disease.

Love,

Patty

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 5:39 AM

Well, everyone, I am at my wits end again. I am one test away from being officially diagnosed with CA--multiple myeloma. I have all the hallmarks of this CA--Bence protein, ostephytes all over my spine, and hypercalcemia. I've had hypercalcemia for about 2 yrs now, my rheumy never picked up on it, but then there was never a reason to do anything about it. Myeloma is usually diagnosed late in the course of the disease, and by then vertebral collapse is imminent and usually not far off. With my latest xrays, CT, and MRI of my back and neck, there really is no hope of repairing the damage that has been done. I saw a neurosurgeon today for a second opinion about what to do with my low back and neck. He recommended epidural steroid injections in my low back and he normally would redo the cervical fusion, but with a dx of multiple myeloma, he doesn't know that he'd redo the fusion, as my prognosis is not too good. I have not been given a prognosis, but have been told that usually at the time of dx, 50% of pts will die within 3 months due to the CA invading the entire body. 90% of the pts will live 3 with yrs chemo and radiation therapy, which I refuse to have. Of course there are variances of these #'s. But the picture is all coming together. Multiple myeloma typically affects the spine, neck, kidneys, and lungs. All over pain is the major complaint, with back pain the most common. Osteoporosis is common, along with osteophytes, fractures, and other problems. Asthma is common. Kidney failure is common. Chest pain secondary to difficulty breathing related to bone pain in the thoracic area is common. I have all of these. I don't have full blown kidney failure, but the beginnings of it. The doctors need to try to prevent kidney failure so they are going to discuss with me at my next appt the administration of drug to prevent the blockage of the renal tubules & nbsp;by protein. I'm not even sure I want to continue. Why prolong the misery? I just am in shock, though. I turn 32 on Jan 12, and you'd expect me to be turning 80. Some birthday present, huh????

e

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:14 AM

It is tough for some of us more than others, hang tough girl, you will makeit, your a strong woman, I think you will find a middle of the road way tohandle the situation with Dr's, what feels right, usually I find when I meetthe Dr I can tell right away how much he is going to listen, care, andunderstand the depth of the situation.love and hugs,----- Original Message -----From: "filisann2000" <Filisann@...>< >Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:30 AMSubject: , e, and Rogene> Thanks girls for your answers. I'm still hanging in here. Some days> its easy and some days its really hard--one day at a time.> Rogene, you were one of the first to answer me when I first got on> the computer about three years ago. You sent me your suggestions on> getting better after silicone. I still have it. Love, Phyllis>>>>

Patty, I will check into Dr. Gerson's protocol, although I will be honest with you--I just am not real hip on doing coffee enemas, or any enemas for that matter. I will read the info and keep an open mind on the coffee enemas and anything else he has to say. At this point, I am not too keen on Western medicine anyway, and absolutely refuse chemo and radiation, so I figure, why not? But I will not promise you or anyone else that I will try it, I just promise to read about it and keep an open mind. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Patty Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 4:26 PM Subject: Re: , e, and Rogene e, this is very sad news, and I do hope that your final test comes out normal. I want to encourage you in this time to investigate the medical protocol of Dr. Max Gerson, who cured terminal cases of cancer many times over and presented his findings to Congress in 1946. That was half a century ago, and even though the pharmaceutical lobbyists prevailed over his efforts, all these years his nutritional program has continued to be used to cure cancer patients all over the world. I hope you will look into this therapy--it is beneficial for all people, no matter what the disease. Love, Patty ----- Original Message ----- From: e L Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 5:39 AM Subject: Re: , e, and Rogene Well, everyone, I am at my wits end again. I am one test away from being officially diagnosed with CA--multiple myeloma. I have all the hallmarks of this CA--Bence protein, ostephytes all over my spine, and hypercalcemia. I've had hypercalcemia for about 2 yrs now, my rheumy never picked up on it, but then there was never a reason to do anything about it. Myeloma is usually diagnosed late in the course of the disease, and by then vertebral collapse is imminent and usually not far off. With my latest xrays, CT, and MRI of my back and neck, there really is no hope of repairing the damage that has been done. I saw a neurosurgeon today for a second opinion about what to do with my low back and neck. He recommended epidural steroid injections in my low back and he normally would redo the cervical fusion, but with a dx of multiple myeloma, he doesn't know that he'd redo the fusion, as my prognosis is not too good. I have not been given a prognosis, but have been told that usually at the time of dx, 50% of pts will die within 3 months due to the CA invading the entire body. 90% of the pts will live 3 with yrs chemo and radiation therapy, which I refuse to have. Of course there are variances of these #'s. But the picture is all coming together. Multiple myeloma typically affects the spine, neck, kidneys, and lungs. All over pain is the major complaint, with back pain the most common. Osteoporosis is common, along with osteophytes, fractures, and other problems. Asthma is common. Kidney failure is common. Chest pain secondary to difficulty breathing related to bone pain in the thoracic area is common. I have all of these. I don't have full blown kidney failure, but the beginnings of it. The doctors need to try to prevent kidney failure so they are going to discuss with me at my next appt the administration of drug to prevent the blockage of the renal tubules & nbsp;by protein. I'm not even sure I want to continue. Why prolong the misery? I just am in shock, though. I turn 32 on Jan 12, and you'd expect me to be turning 80. Some birthday present, huh???? e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:14 AM Subject: Re: , e, and Rogene It is tough for some of us more than others, hang tough girl, you will makeit, your a strong woman, I think you will find a middle of the road way tohandle the situation with Dr's, what feels right, usually I find when I meetthe Dr I can tell right away how much he is going to listen, care, andunderstand the depth of the situation.love and hugs,----- Original Message -----From: "filisann2000" <Filisann@...>< >Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:30 AMSubject: , e, and Rogene> Thanks girls for your answers. I'm still hanging in here. Some days> its easy and some days its really hard--one day at a time.> Rogene, you were one of the first to answer me when I first got on> the computer about three years ago. You sent me your suggestions on> getting better after silicone. I still have it. Love, Phyllis>>>>