RemedySpot.com

Re: Salt free

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nope never did that, not sure why you would want to? Curious?????????

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:03 AM

Subject: Salt free

By the way, has anyone here tried a salt free diet? I am currently on a salt free, sugar free, meat free diet. The hardest part was getting rid of the salt. It is in EVERYTHING! I thought getting rid of sugar was bad enough....getting rid of the salt is even worse.

Patty

Do you eat Chicken or fish? where are you getting protein from? curious again ha ha?

By the way, has anyone here tried a salt free diet? I am currently on a salt free, sugar free, meat free diet. The hardest part was getting rid of the salt. It is in EVERYTHING! I thought getting rid of sugar was bad enough....getting rid of the salt is even worse.

Patty

Very important reason to...

Our cells need potassium on the inside. Potassium is necessary because the building of almost all of the body's enzymes by the cells requires potassium as a catalyst. Dr. Gerson found that patients with chronic degenerative diseases had a marked decrease of potassium intracellularly, with a corresponding invasion of sodium. (Our standard American diet has flip flopped nature's ratio of these two minerals. We should be getting way more potassium than sodium, and potassium is abundant in fruits and vegetables. But we are getting way, way too much sodium in our body due to the addition of salt to everything and lack of fresh veggies in the diet.) Too much sodium "creates a loss of electrical potentials in the cells, improper enzyme formation, reduced cell oxidation, and many other symptoms of tissue damage. Sodium in the tissues and permeating the cells, in place of potassium, inhibits enyzme production." As you know, enzymes give us life. Without the proper function and abundance of enzymes in our bodies, we age and die faster than if we preserve these necessary life builders.

So, it is imperative to get rid of the excess sodium in our diets and get much more potassium for the cells to use. According to the Gerson therapy, the best way to simultaneously pull sodium from the tissues and infuse them with potassium is to do coffee enemas and drink volumimous amounts of fresh vegetable and fruit juices.

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:04 AM

Subject: Re: Salt free

Nope never did that, not sure why you would want to? Curious?????????

Patty

Protein from beans, peas, legumes, and believe it or not, there is protein in small quantities in potatoes and some other vegetables.

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:11 AM

Do you eat Chicken or fish? where are you getting protein from? curious again ha ha?

Patty

I read that legumes pull calcium out of our bones, this was in a pamphlet my rheumy gave me when he told me about osteoporosis, I was told not to eat large amounts of these. Hmm, Well I am lucky enough that we have beef here that is grass fed and have no added hormones so that is good for me, I eat it maybe once everytwo weeks though, ha. I got some protein soy protein powder from my husband who is part manager of a smoothie shop haven't tried it yet.

Also isn't water important if salt is bad?

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:24 AM

Protein from beans, peas, legumes, and believe it or not, there is protein in small quantities in potatoes and some other vegetables.

Patty

Patty

the reason that your doctor told you that legumes pull calcium from the bones is because pound for pound, they have more protein than steak!

Most people don't realize this. So, did the pamphlet also tell you to stop eating meat?

It is the protein that causes high calcium loss. As I have posted before, a high protein diet creates large amount of wastes in the form of acids that need to be neutralized in the bloodstream. Your body does this by pulling calcium out of the bones.

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:29 AM

I read that legumes pull calcium out of our bones, this was in a pamphlet my rheumy gave me when he told me about osteoporosis, I was told not to eat large amounts of these. Hmm, Well I am lucky enough that we have beef here that is grass fed and have no added hormones so that is good for me, I eat it maybe once everytwo weeks though, ha. I got some protein soy protein powder from my husband who is part manager of a smoothie shop haven't tried it yet.

Patty

Patty

Well this pamphlet told me to eat more dairy skim milk, cheese, broccoli, turnips etc......that was about it. It said to take the calcium with vitamin D too. I don't eat that much protien, I think the fact is different if you body build because your muscles feed off the protein so if your sedentary then the protein would be allot worse for you. I know I need some protein, but not so much like I used to think, I also think carbs get a bad wrap, and have been reading allot of info that backs that up, whole grains are good for you, people who do these crazy atkins diets are really hurting there kidneys and bones and whatever else this stuff is bad news, so I agree 100% with you on that.

The thing is dairy and chesse all have lots of proteing too, even soy milk, so who knows, can't seem to win.

I do eat tons of broccoli and juice allot, so I think I am ok there, I am not on a restrictive diet like you, but I am telling you I am burning up so much at the gym I can't live off just some fruits and veggies, not when I am burning up 500 to 800 calories a day, no way, I wake up starving at 3 am, not good for my beauty sleep.

Right now i am in search of a diet for people who body build and work out that is also alternative and has some ideas for people like me who want the muscular look and don't want to live of high protien diets, any suggestions?

Remember that those muscles are going to be the support of all those bones that are going to get even weaker as we age.

Thanks again and let me know if you have any suggestions!

I have to get my butt to the gym, when I am this stiff I need to warm up my body, then I always feel better, and hey, it is in the thrities here today woo hoo downright balmy!

HEE HEE

Love ya

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:35 AM

the reason that your doctor told you that legumes pull calcium from the bones is because pound for pound, they have more protein than steak!

Most people don't realize this. So, did the pamphlet also tell you to stop eating meat?

It is the protein that causes high calcium loss. As I have posted before, a high protein diet creates large amount of wastes in the form of acids that need to be neutralized in the bloodstream. Your body does this by pulling calcium out of the bones.

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:29 AM

Patty

Patty

Yes, when you are on a totally sodium/salt-free diet you must drink "Dis-tilled Water". 'Been there, while pregnant!

MM

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/