RemedySpot.com

Re: Implants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I still think you could send them to Dr blais like Patty did just to see if they had a defective valve or something, other than that no, I wouldn't want them in my house either, they would bug me, I never wanted them to begin with, that is why I left them with Dr Feng.,

gee Shirl long time no hear, how are you?

If they are bugging you throw em out, your right, you probably could never use them again, but maybe you could put em in an attic or something, do you have a place like that you could stash them?

Hope your well, :Love

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:12 AM

Subject: Implants

Does anyone know any reason why I should keep my implants? I've got them in my house and after 2 1/2 years I'm sooooooooooo sick of looking at the container. I'm tired of having to hide them from company and family. Plus I heard once you've taking possession of them they are no good in a court decision......which I highly doubt there would ever be in my life time. :) ....or once you take possession of them it's hard to prove you didn't tamper with them. I just don't know what good it would be to keep them...... -Shirl-

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Well I did not go into my PS and tell him how many CC's I wanted either I just said that I wanted the sag filled up and that I thought I would like to be a full C. Anyhow it would have been nice, but it didn't work out and that is that.

Love

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 2:38 PM

When I spoke with my friend this morning, she said "I had 700 something cc overfilled to look like a 800cc." Maybe you could make sense of that. I got her to talk about it briefly as she doesn't like to discuss implants. Funny, before she got them, that's all she talked about to me!

Before I got hooked up with this group, I did not pay attention to "cc" size. Back in 1985, I went in & said "Make me in porportion with my hips. I went in wearing a 32AA bra & went to a 34B. I wasn't given a choice on size except, my p/s sd he wold not make them huge. Said he didn't do that kind of surgery.

As for bra fit: My bras fit better with implants than now. Maybe it was a silicone thing. I could not tell you the difference because I did not ever have saline. Everyone I've talked with that had both, told me the silicone felt more natural than saline. But who really cares???? When they make you sick. Had it not been for my rupture, #1 I would have never met all of you & #2 I'd still be sick with sinus inf. & allergies. Given a choice between boobs & being healthy....I chose to take them out & not replaced after 16 years of boobs! And the ironic thing is: At the time of my rupture, I had no idea my allergies & other ills would get better when I had the implants removed because I never read any of this stuff before. That's one reason why I would have made their perfect test subject, if only they would have called! I had the MOST open mind you'd ever seen on implants before my rupture.

But a person doesn't develop allergies at age 28 (2 yrs after BI) & have them go away within a year after explant. That's not "junk science" That's called a "coverup" if I've ever heard one. Almost sounds like a damn X-file!So don't let anyone, even doctors who may read our posts, tell you implants have been researched & don't cause problems. Don't let them tell you it's all in your head.And to PROVE I'm right, I'm making an appointment tomorrow with the same allergist who did my test back in 1988. I'll let you know what happens.

Guest guest

It sounds like we suffer from a lot of the same symptoms. You have serious allergies and sinus infections or had? I did as well. I only got one since my surgery which is a definite improvement. My bloody nose and throat is not as bad as last week. An improvement since I am leaving for FL next week. The humidity might do me some good except for my aches, that gets really bad when it rains.

Anyway, I agree, I developed the sinus problems and allergies once I got the implants. They seem to be improving definitely since my explant.

Love,

Angelika

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 4:38 PM

When I spoke with my friend this morning, she said "I had 700 something cc overfilled to look like a 800cc." Maybe you could make sense of that. I got her to talk about it briefly as she doesn't like to discuss implants. Funny, before she got them, that's all she talked about to me!

Before I got hooked up with this group, I did not pay attention to "cc" size. Back in 1985, I went in & said "Make me in porportion with my hips. I went in wearing a 32AA bra & went to a 34B. I wasn't given a choice on size except, my p/s sd he wold not make them huge. Said he didn't do that kind of surgery.

As for bra fit: My bras fit better with implants than now. Maybe it was a silicone thing. I could not tell you the difference because I did not ever have saline. Everyone I've talked with that had both, told me the silicone felt more natural than saline. But who really cares???? When they make you sick. Had it not been for my rupture, #1 I would have never met all of you & #2 I'd still be sick with sinus inf. & allergies. Given a choice between boobs & being healthy....I chose to take them out & not replaced after 16 years of boobs! And the ironic thing is: At the time of my rupture, I had no idea my allergies & other ills would get better when I had the implants removed because I never read any of this stuff before. That's one reason why I would have made their perfect test subject, if only they would have called! I had the MOST open mind you'd ever seen on implants before my rupture.

But a person doesn't develop allergies at age 28 (2 yrs after BI) & have them go away within a year after explant. That's not "junk science" That's called a "coverup" if I've ever heard one. Almost sounds like a damn X-file!So don't let anyone, even doctors who may read our posts, tell you implants have been researched & don't cause problems. Don't let them tell you it's all in your head.And to PROVE I'm right, I'm making an appointment tomorrow with the same allergist who did my test back in 1988. I'll let you know what happens.

Guest guest

Ang,I got a "cheapo" vaporizor (warm steam) it has helped.

Skin is even better. I had a "cool mist" one before. I think I like the

warm one for the winter maybe cool for summer. I run it all day during

the day when I'm home(weekends) only at nite when I sleep.When I

had implants, nothing worked.

Guest guest

AngMy sinus infections would last from 2-5 months each time. I

was ALWAYS sick. I have never gone over 6 months without a sinus

infection. I am NOT exaggerating. That's why I'm so mad that I wasted

near 14 years of going to the doctor, trying to find a pill that worked

always feeling miserable. I took both of my dogs to the groomer every

week for medicated shampoos for my allergies to them. I had never been

allergic to dogs before. At first I thought maybe my allergies were

related to them now that they're both gone maybe that's why I've

cleared up. But I got another dog for about 4 months (basically same

kind, she was a lhasa-apso, mine were shih-tzus) I had no reaction. I

had to give her up because she was sick(she was born with one eye) I

could not afford her. The vet assist. took her so she has a great home

( free medical!) BTW did you ever take Seldane? I did loved it.

Funny, people had a reaction to this drug the FDA pulled it

immediately. I tried researching it at one time to find out why. Yes

some people died on it; it wasn't compatible with certain antibiotics;

but women with implants have died too, because of the implants. But I

guess they figure they do have "other" allergy meds to chose from. With

implants it to have or not to have. No in betweens as far as I'm

concerned.

Guest guest

I got one as well and I noticed less bloody noses. I am happy with it since it holds I think 8 gallons of water. It is a Vortex that has one tank on the left side and one on the right. It sits next to me on my bedside on a table. It sounds big but it is not. The thing is I don't see a mist coming out of it like I do others. My dad has one that was in the guest room when I stayed with him after the explant and I really liked that one. The thing I like about this one is they make an antibacterial/fungal solution to mix with the water to prevent mold spores, etc. I keep it on 24hours a day as well but keep it on low during the day and on high at night. I completely agree with you that they are a great thing to have. I want to get another for when I start working to keep at my desk. I saw one at Rite Aid that they had on display running. It was really neat and not expensive. I noticed my skin not as tight (feeling). I use tons of moisturizer (heavy) and I used to still get that tight feeling as if it were dry. I don't drink enough water but I try to make up for it in other ways. I am doing much better now though. I went into the tanning bed tonight since we have one in our bldg to use for free. I am doing a little so I can enjoy myself in miami. I love the beach and the water. I don't really worship the sun or anything but I just enjoy being near the ocean and looking out into the water and imagining what kinds of creatures lurk beneath, etc. I am also going to dig for sharks teeth at this beach that is famous for them. I am excited but want to enjoy myself so I am getting a base tan so I don't burn. I will use lots of sunscreen but don't want to risk any sunburn. I think the sun is very strong there and not being in the sun at all during the winter, it could very well happen. I don't normally burn but after what I have been through I wouldn't doubt anything.

Goodnight!

Love,

Angelika

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 10:45 PM

Subject: Re: Implants

Ang,

I got a "cheapo" vaporizor (warm steam) & it has helped. Skin is even better. I had a "cool mist" one before. I think I like the warm one for the winter & maybe cool for summer. I run it all day during the day when I'm home(weekends) & only at nite when I sleep.

When I had implants, nothing worked.

Guest guest

My sinus infections would last that same amount of time as yours each time as well. It was ridiculous because my ENT had me on antibiotics for months. UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!! Oh my gosh!! I did the same thing with my dogs (two pugss) I would get 3 allergy shots a week every week. I never noticed an allergy to dogs before either. I had the same dog prior to the implants. She never bothered my allergies??

I never tried the Seldane but I did like the Zyrtec. Maybe it was just psychosomatic because it was always advertised as a indoor/outdoor allergy drug. Who knows? It is funny (not) how we go through the exact same situations in our lives due to these implants. Crazy stuff!

Goodnight, sweet dreams!

Love,

ang

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 10:59 PM

Subject: Re: Implants

Ang

My sinus infections would last from 2-5 months each time. I was ALWAYS sick. I have never gone over 6 months without a sinus infection. I am NOT exaggerating. That's why I'm so mad that I wasted near 14 years of going to the doctor, trying to find a pill that worked & always feeling miserable. I took both of my dogs to the groomer every week for medicated shampoos for my allergies to them. I had never been allergic to dogs before. At first I thought maybe my allergies were related to them & now that they're both gone maybe that's why I've cleared up. But I got another dog for about 4 months (basically same kind, she was a lhasa-apso, mine were shih-tzus) & I had no reaction. I had to give her up because she was sick(she was born with one eye) & I could not afford her. The vet assist. took her so she has a great home ( & free medical!) BTW did you ever take Seldane? I did & loved it. Funny, people had a reaction to this drug & the FDA pulled it immediately. I tried researching it at one time to find out why. Yes some people died on it; it wasn't compatible with certain antibiotics; but women with implants have died too, because of the implants. But I guess they figure they do have "other" allergy meds to chose from. With implants it to have or not to have. No in betweens as far as I'm concerned.

Guest guest

Ang,I lived in L.A. for 7 years, worked nights slept on the

beach during the day.I always had a great tan. That's why I was weirded

out about the burning. 2 years ago my face blistered I peeled for 10

days. That day I only layed out for 1 1/2 hours.