RemedySpot.com

Re: textured v. smooth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The girl I sent you the email address of had smooth, she told me she wrote you, there are some others that I know of, but also remember you had silicone first so who knows how much of the damage was done by those over the years, yes I do believe textured are worse, but in the end they are all a foreign object so I wouldn't say that there is any conclusive proof one is better than the other, just seems that textured have more probs and that is the opinion of some medical experts. Not all.

Love,

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 9:05 AM

Subject: textured v. smooth

Are textured more harmful than smooth, or are they both equally harmful. Has anybody in this support group had smooth implants?

Thanks megan

The majority of patients that I perform explants on are ill from textured implants. Over 90% are infected. Most of the smooth saline patients who are ill are also infected. Please see frequently answered questions on www.plastikos.com and also the information on the saline and silicone newsletters. Thank you. .

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 11:05 AM

Are textured more harmful than smooth, or are they both equally harmful. Has anybody in this support group had smooth implants?

Thanks megan

It is my opinion that both are equally bad, but textured implants seem to allow for more shedding of silicone particles.

Patty

Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 8:05 AM

Thanks megan

Yes this I also feel is true, I mean they are all foreign objects made up of the same stuff, I know women ill from both kinds and it would seem while not many people answered the polls if you go there on this site the numbers are about equal, I wish more would have answered, but it gives you a small insight, when I talked to Dr Fengs nurse recently she said that they are seeing more and more women, everyday ill, from all types of implants, she explained that textured seem to have one thing that makes them different and that is a foam cell reaction that occurs in all textured implants that does not occur in smooth, I am not sure what that is though, does anyone here know?

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:54 AM

Subject: Re: textured v. smooth

It is my opinion that both are equally bad, but textured implants seem to allow for more shedding of silicone particles.

Patty

Thanks megan

Just like the lungs have an incredibly large surface

area to absorb oxygen . . . the textured implant

surface area has much more exposure to the body.

Common sense would tell one that the more exposure,

the more likely the problems.

Rogene

The surgeons are seeing a much more severe reaction around textured implants than smooth unless there is infection of the smooth capsules. We are also seeing more women sick from textured that from smooth. .

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 11:04 AM

Yes this I also feel is true, I mean they are all foreign objects made up of the same stuff, I know women ill from both kinds and it would seem while not many people answered the polls if you go there on this site the numbers are about equal, I wish more would have answered, but it gives you a small insight, when I talked to Dr Fengs nurse recently she said that they are seeing more and more women, everyday ill, from all types of implants, she explained that textured seem to have one thing that makes them different and that is a foam cell reaction that occurs in all textured implants that does not occur in smooth, I am not sure what that is though, does anyone here know?

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:54 AM

Patty

Thanks megan