RemedySpot.com

Re: interesting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yeah I would be interested in talking with him for sure!

Thanks, email me!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:42 AM

Subject: Re: interesting

The doc who started the study on Aredia and studies osteoporosis and bone disorders is right here in Denver. I haven't kept up with him since I left the Aredia study in August of 1998, but I can certainly get you his name and see if he's taking new pts or not. And you do bring up a very good point about hypercalcemia (high calcium) and memory loss. I have had high calcium for about 2 yrs now, and for about 2 yrs I have had problems with memory. Nothing big, but enough that I notice it. It is progressively getting worse, and that is probably because my calcium is getting higher, probably because the multiple myeloma is advanced. Let me know if you want his name and #.

e

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:48 AM

Subject: interesting

this is off an osteoporosis support group

Some time ago I wrote asking if anyone had ever associated osteoporosis, or calcium loss with memory deficiency. I was to see my endochronologist about it after taking yet another of several urine tests. To make a short story shorter, my endochronologist completely dismissed my concerns, saying he knew of no connection between calcium levels and memory deficiency. I have since received a e-mail from my smart sister-in-law containing an article from the New York Thyroid Center Home page addressing a condition called hyperparathyroidism, that can occur when blood calcium levels become too low. To make a LONG article short, when one has this condition, calcium is released in the blood, bypassing the bones, resulting in osteoporosis. If successfully and timely treated, there is some reversal and restoration of the bone loss. According to this article, one of the symptoms of excess calcium in the bloodstream is memory loss. I have another appointment with this endo next month and either see if we can come together on my treatment plan or try someone/somewhere else. Does anyone know if there is a major center somewhere for the study and treatment of osteoporosis? Jane

, The doc who started the study on Aredia and studies osteoporosis and bone disorders is right here in Denver. I haven't kept up with him since I left the Aredia study in August of 1998, but I can certainly get you his name and see if he's taking new pts or not. And you do bring up a very good point about hypercalcemia (high calcium) and memory loss. I have had high calcium for about 2 yrs now, and for about 2 yrs I have had problems with memory. Nothing big, but enough that I notice it. It is progressively getting worse, and that is probably because my calcium is getting higher, probably because the multiple myeloma is advanced. Let me know if you want his name and #. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:48 AM Subject: interesting this is off an osteoporosis support group Some time ago I wrote asking if anyone had ever associated osteoporosis, or calcium loss with memory deficiency. I was to see my endochronologist about it after taking yet another of several urine tests. To make a short story shorter, my endochronologist completely dismissed my concerns, saying he knew of no connection between calcium levels and memory deficiency. I have since received a e-mail from my smart sister-in-law containing an article from the New York Thyroid Center Home page addressing a condition called hyperparathyroidism, that can occur when blood calcium levels become too low. To make a LONG article short, when one has this condition, calcium is released in the blood, bypassing the bones, resulting in osteoporosis. If successfully and timely treated, there is some reversal and restoration of the bone loss. According to this article, one of the symptoms of excess calcium in the bloodstream is memory loss. I have another appointment with this endo next month and either see if we can come together on my treatment plan or try someone/somewhere else. Does anyone know if there is a major center somewhere for the study and treatment of osteoporosis? Jane

Thank you sweet heart

Love and hugs,

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 11:38 AM

I will track down his # and as soon as I get it I will email it to you.

e

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:48 AM

Yeah I would be interested in talking with him for sure!

Thanks, email me!

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:42 AM

The doc who started the study on Aredia and studies osteoporosis and bone disorders is right here in Denver. I haven't kept up with him since I left the Aredia study in August of 1998, but I can certainly get you his name and see if he's taking new pts or not. And you do bring up a very good point about hypercalcemia (high calcium) and memory loss. I have had high calcium for about 2 yrs now, and for about 2 yrs I have had problems with memory. Nothing big, but enough that I notice it. It is progressively getting worse, and that is probably because my calcium is getting higher, probably because the multiple myeloma is advanced. Let me know if you want his name and #.

e

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:48 AM

Subject: interesting

this is off an osteoporosis support group

Some time ago I wrote asking if anyone had ever associated osteoporosis, or calcium loss with memory deficiency. I was to see my endochronologist about it after taking yet another of several urine tests. To make a short story shorter, my endochronologist completely dismissed my concerns, saying he knew of no connection between calcium levels and memory deficiency. I have since received a e-mail from my smart sister-in-law containing an article from the New York Thyroid Center Home page addressing a condition called hyperparathyroidism, that can occur when blood calcium levels become too low. To make a LONG article short, when one has this condition, calcium is released in the blood, bypassing the bones, resulting in osteoporosis. If successfully and timely treated, there is some reversal and restoration of the bone loss. According to this article, one of the symptoms of excess calcium in the bloodstream is memory loss. I have another appointment with this endo next month and either see if we can come together on my treatment plan or try someone/somewhere else. Does anyone know if there is a major center somewhere for the study and treatment of osteoporosis? Jane

I will track down his # and as soon as I get it I will email it to you. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:48 AM Subject: Re: interesting Yeah I would be interested in talking with him for sure! Thanks, email me! ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:42 AM Subject: Re: interesting , The doc who started the study on Aredia and studies osteoporosis and bone disorders is right here in Denver. I haven't kept up with him since I left the Aredia study in August of 1998, but I can certainly get you his name and see if he's taking new pts or not. And you do bring up a very good point about hypercalcemia (high calcium) and memory loss. I have had high calcium for about 2 yrs now, and for about 2 yrs I have had problems with memory. Nothing big, but enough that I notice it. It is progressively getting worse, and that is probably because my calcium is getting higher, probably because the multiple myeloma is advanced. Let me know if you want his name and #. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:48 AM Subject: interesting this is off an osteoporosis support group Some time ago I wrote asking if anyone had ever associated osteoporosis, or calcium loss with memory deficiency. I was to see my endochronologist about it after taking yet another of several urine tests. To make a short story shorter, my endochronologist completely dismissed my concerns, saying he knew of no connection between calcium levels and memory deficiency. I have since received a e-mail from my smart sister-in-law containing an article from the New York Thyroid Center Home page addressing a condition called hyperparathyroidism, that can occur when blood calcium levels become too low. To make a LONG article short, when one has this condition, calcium is released in the blood, bypassing the bones, resulting in osteoporosis. If successfully and timely treated, there is some reversal and restoration of the bone loss. According to this article, one of the symptoms of excess calcium in the bloodstream is memory loss. I have another appointment with this endo next month and either see if we can come together on my treatment plan or try someone/somewhere else. Does anyone know if there is a major center somewhere for the study and treatment of osteoporosis? Jane

, I'm having a hard time finding this docs #. I can't find his name listed anywhere in the phone book. So, either I've got the wrong name, or he's not working in Denver anymore. At any rate, his office used to be just down the road from where I live. I get off work at 230pm tomorrow, and I will stop by the medical complex and see if his name is on the listing. If not, I will go into one of the other offices and ask if they know where he went. Also, when I was at the neurosurgeon's on Thurs, he was telling me that he would probably want to put me on drug that increases bone density to aid in my fusion taking. He uses fosamax and Actonel. I told him I refused fosamax, and would prefer actonel. However, I asked him if he'd used Aredia, and he'd never heard of it. I then explained the whole thing to him, and he said that if I could get in touch with the doc, and he could justify it's use with osteoporosis and increased bone density, he would consider using it. The only drawback is that it is VERY expensive. But hey, if it works, and has few to little side effects, it's worth it. And insurance should cover some of it. But I will keep you posted as to what I find out about where this doc has gone. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 5:39 AM Subject: Re: interesting Thank you sweet heart Love and hugs, ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 11:38 AM Subject: Re: interesting I will track down his # and as soon as I get it I will email it to you. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:48 AM Subject: Re: interesting Yeah I would be interested in talking with him for sure! Thanks, email me! ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:42 AM Subject: Re: interesting , The doc who started the study on Aredia and studies osteoporosis and bone disorders is right here in Denver. I haven't kept up with him since I left the Aredia study in August of 1998, but I can certainly get you his name and see if he's taking new pts or not. And you do bring up a very good point about hypercalcemia (high calcium) and memory loss. I have had high calcium for about 2 yrs now, and for about 2 yrs I have had problems with memory. Nothing big, but enough that I notice it. It is progressively getting worse, and that is probably because my calcium is getting higher, probably because the multiple myeloma is advanced. Let me know if you want his name and #. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:48 AM Subject: interesting this is off an osteoporosis support group Some time ago I wrote asking if anyone had ever associated osteoporosis, or calcium loss with memory deficiency. I was to see my endochronologist about it after taking yet another of several urine tests. To make a short story shorter, my endochronologist completely dismissed my concerns, saying he knew of no connection between calcium levels and memory deficiency. I have since received a e-mail from my smart sister-in-law containing an article from the New York Thyroid Center Home page addressing a condition called hyperparathyroidism, that can occur when blood calcium levels become too low. To make a LONG article short, when one has this condition, calcium is released in the blood, bypassing the bones, resulting in osteoporosis. If successfully and timely treated, there is some reversal and restoration of the bone loss. According to this article, one of the symptoms of excess calcium in the bloodstream is memory loss. I have another appointment with this endo next month and either see if we can come together on my treatment plan or try someone/somewhere else. Does anyone know if there is a major center somewhere for the study and treatment of osteoporosis? Jane