RemedySpot.com

Re: 10 year old saline implants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Your Husband is Right! Your doctor's advice is more than questionable. And you need to get your daughter off the breast ASAP!

More later!

Most sincerely,

Mm

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/MAM-NSIF@...

Dear welsome to the group, we are happy to help you and give

you support/advice in any way we can. Most of us were sickened by

implants, and yes, most of them were saline, however it sounds like

your body has been tolerating them well, why some women do and some

don't is a mystery as of yet, however there is always risk that this

could change and you could end up with health problems, who knows, I

am glad that you are ok, I am asuming that since you don't mention

any problems.

I can see why you would be concerned though, as 10 years is long for

salines, while some women wait for a rupture in my own opinion this

is not wise, I would rather error on the safe side and be proactive

about my health.

Now, it is hard to decide to explant, I do know a few women who have

explanted just because they felt like you , or didn't really like the

implants at all, to hear there stories check out

www.explantation.com, it has stories and picutes of what explanted

breasts, esp like mine, of women who had lifts and have had children

look like, to give you a better idea, yes there will be scars, but

there is also peace of mind with explant too, esp if you have no

health problems now, that would be a way of ensuring that you never

get them, from implants anyway.

I am CJ on explantation.com so you can see my pictures and read my

story.

I will answer any more questions you may have either here or at my e

mail at home, please feel free to write me anytime, I am here for you.

Love,

PS I will be gone till Sunday night so I might not respond till after

then, but I am happy that you have a supprotive hubby too, who is

obviously more concerned with your health than your fake breasts,

that is awesome, I know my hubby loves me natural, and is happy I no

longer have the toxic bags in me, I was very ill with implants.

ANyhow that part really helps you when you go through this nightmare,

having a man who loves the real you, it helps so much. Your very

lucky.

Good luck and please stick around.

Love and hugs,

In @y..., DanzButterflies@t... wrote:

> Hello, my name is ,

> I am new to this forum. This year coming up my saline implants

will be 10 years old. I am 38 with a 2 yr old daughter. These are

my second set of implants. My first were silicone put in at age 18

and then replaced with the saline at age 28.

>

> After reading some websites, I got a little scared, alot scared. I

emailed a doctor to see if I could get a referral who was featured on

one of the sites...since I'm living in Germany, I hardly speak

German, although my husband is fluent, I would not have a doctor who

was not fluent in English. I thought I could travel to England or

Holland if need be to find a doctor. Anyhow, I felt more optimistic

after he told me the following:

>

> without seeing you, I would try to assure you that saline implants

are normally NOT a problem. Fungal infections etc are very rare.

there is often staining of the saline.,but that cane be from

hemosiderin ( red cell byproduct) or betadine (used to wash the

cavity etc). But in general, if they are not bothering you, don't

bother them!

>

> So I felt relief and thought I shouldn't worry so much, but of

course, still find a doctor so in case one ruptures I wouldn't be

searching for a doctor during a crisis.

>

> I go back and forth in my head whether I could live without these

breasts, or have scars or whatever happens. I thought I should just

get them replaced and deal with it 10 years from now. But when I

start reading the stories again, I think I should have them out. My

husband thinks I should have them out, because of what he's read.

>

> More to my situation, I am still currently nursing my 2 year old

daughter. I cannot foresee just weaning her off yet unless there was

a serious problem and I would be forced to. I can't just switch her

over to cow's milk as she gets eczema from cow's milk and dairy

products since 8 months old when she started having them. She no

longer has them to the best of my ability, with a few minor

exceptions. She takes cod liver oil which helps her skin, and

noticeably gets worse if she misses a few days.

>

> I'm searching for answers, direction, a English speaking doctor in

Europe.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am unsuccessful so far at trying to coerce her to wean. This past week, maybe because she wasn't feeling well, she kept refusing much of the food I try to get her to eat food. My husband tries too. She eats little bits here and there, but short of forcing her to eat...I feel trapped and frustrated often times. If I didn't have the breast issue, I wouldn't care if she continues to nurse until 3 or 4 as extended nursing advocates express the positive and natural benefits of doing so. But here I am approaching the 10 year mark with the saline implants. I haven't been overly concerned, except for last week when I read all the depressing stories. I wander about the statistics and also about all the women who have there implants replaced for the variety of reasons...I wonder about their old implants...were they contaminated?? were they clear? Is all bacteria/fungus visible? Can a person survive the bacteria if the implant ruptures? How many people die from the bacteria/fungal infections?

My daughter mostly nurses only during the night to go to sleep or back to sleep if she wakes up. If I don't nurse her she cries so hard. And think that I should just let her nurse. I don't think she has been harmed by anything. With the exception that she has had a cold this past week, she rarely gets sick, she has been extremely healthy, vibrant, full of energy, growth...she is smart, speaks two languages, etc. So my main concern is if an implant breaks. It also concerns me because now that she is bigger she tries to climb over top of me to change positions and get comfortable to nurse and sometimes presses with her little hand on the breast area where the implant is. I try and get her hand before she places too much pressure and get fearful that the pressure might cause a rupture. I desperately need to find a surgeon here, but am limited as I don't speak German and rely on my husband who works full-time, he hasn't yet made the necessary phone calls. I need to really get him to phone around here to seek an English speaking doctor. I don't know their credential requirements here either in Germany and get a little fearful of German doctor's because of the unknown. I know that in general life here, some things are handled very differently than in America.

Thank you for your thoughts and responses.

Sincerely,

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:25 AM

Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants

Your Husband is Right! Your doctor's advice is more than questionable. And you need to get your daughter off the breast ASAP!

More later!

Most sincerely,

Mm

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/MAM-NSIF@...

Hi ,

Welcome to our group. I do hope that we can give you some answers to your questions, and help you in this decision about your future with implants.

There is a support group leader in Switzerland named Cosima, and she may be able to help you get in touch with knowledgeable doctors there in Europe. I am going to forward your letter to Ilena Rosenthal, and hopefully she will be able to either get back with me with some information that will be helpful, or answer your letter directly to help you locate a doctor there. Either way, we will get you some contacts!

Love,

Patty

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 11:55 PM

Subject: 10 year old saline implants

Hello, my name is ,

I am new to this forum. This year coming up my saline implants will be 10 years old. I am 38 with a 2 yr old daughter. These are my second set of implants. My first were silicone put in at age 18 and then replaced with the saline at age 28.

After reading some websites, I got a little scared, alot scared. I emailed a doctor to see if I could get a referral who was featured on one of the sites...since I'm living in Germany, I hardly speak German, although my husband is fluent, I would not have a doctor who was not fluent in English. I thought I could travel to England or Holland if need be to find a doctor. Anyhow, I felt more optimistic after he told me the following:

without seeing you, I would try to assure you that saline implants are normally NOT a problem. Fungal infections etc are very rare. there is often staining of the saline.,but that cane be from hemosiderin ( red cell byproduct) or betadine (used to wash the cavity etc). But in general, if they are not bothering you, don't bother them!

So I felt relief and thought I shouldn't worry so much, but of course, still find a doctor so in case one ruptures I wouldn't be searching for a doctor during a crisis.

I go back and forth in my head whether I could live without these breasts, or have scars or whatever happens. I thought I should just get them replaced and deal with it 10 years from now. But when I start reading the stories again, I think I should have them out. My husband thinks I should have them out, because of what he's read.

More to my situation, I am still currently nursing my 2 year old daughter. I cannot foresee just weaning her off yet unless there was a serious problem and I would be forced to. I can't just switch her over to cow's milk as she gets eczema from cow's milk and dairy products since 8 months old when she started having them. She no longer has them to the best of my ability, with a few minor exceptions. She takes cod liver oil which helps her skin, and noticeably gets worse if she misses a few days.

I'm searching for answers, direction, a English speaking doctor in Europe.

Your implants are due to come out regardless of whether you choose to replace them or not. If you have read our stories then you know the hell we have all been through. Physicians in Europe look at breast implants differently than they do here in the states. I don't think that they believe that there is any potential for problems associated with them at all, and as a matter of fact, there was a show in April, 2001 on the Discovery Channel about breast implants that did interview 2 or 3 physicians from Europe, and they all said that implants were safe. But then again, they are also using silicone and were also one of the first ones to use soya implants, and look at what a disaster that turned out to be. I strongly urge you to exercise caution and good judgment when making your decision. Removing your implants permanently will not disfigure you nor will they create larger more unsightly scars if you choose a physician that is well versed, knowledgeable, and skilled in removing them. The majority of the time, (at least in the US), the explanting ps will go through the same incisions that were made to place the implants (if they were placed using the inframammary technique). You can barely even notice my scars. And the majority of the time, your breasts look so much better without the implants than with them. All saline implants contain a silicone shell, so you are being exposed to silicone, as is your baby everytime you breastfeed. And the saline that is placed into the implants only has a shelf life of 18 months at a temperature of 77 degrees F. Think about this----the saline is placed into our body at a temp of minimum 96 degrees F, and stays there for a period of time ranging from months to yrs. Warm saline is a perfect medium for bacteria, mold, and fungi to grow. This is where this stuff loves to grow and divide---its warm and moist and dark. I am a registered nurse, and the saline that is used to fill implants is the same saline that is used to irrigate and clean wounds. When we clean and irrigate wounds, we open a bottle of saline and use it for 3 days (72 hrs) then toss it. Why? Because the risk of bacteria and other contaminants is too great. Would you want your wound or a family members' wound to be cleaned by contaminated saline? Probably not. But that is what is in your body. Even though docs will deny this, it is documented widely in the medical literature. And the vast majority of women who are explanted who have their implants scientifically analyzed do have bacteria, mold, and/or fungi growing in their implants. I did. I had Staph epidermidis, Aspergillus niger, and Aspergillus bouffardi. And if you could look at sterile saline bottles, even the expiration dates on them are generally about 1-2 yrs. I, personally, don't know of any ps in Europe to refer you to, but perhaps one of the other women in this group could help you out. All of ask of you is to please think everything over very carefully because not only are you making a decision for yourself, but a decision for your baby who is being exposed everyday to toxins. Sincerely, Jusitne, RN, BSN, LNC ----- Original Message ----- From: DanzButterflies@... Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 12:57 AM Subject: 10 year old saline implants Hello, my name is , I am new to this forum. This year coming up my saline implants will be 10 years old. I am 38 with a 2 yr old daughter. These are my second set of implants. My first were silicone put in at age 18 and then replaced with the saline at age 28. After reading some websites, I got a little scared, alot scared. I emailed a doctor to see if I could get a referral who was featured on one of the sites...since I'm living in Germany, I hardly speak German, although my husband is fluent, I would not have a doctor who was not fluent in English. I thought I could travel to England or Holland if need be to find a doctor. Anyhow, I felt more optimistic after he told me the following: without seeing you, I would try to assure you that saline implants are normally NOT a problem. Fungal infections etc are very rare. there is often staining of the saline.,but that cane be from hemosiderin ( red cell byproduct) or betadine (used to wash the cavity etc). But in general, if they are not bothering you, don't bother them! So I felt relief and thought I shouldn't worry so much, but of course, still find a doctor so in case one ruptures I wouldn't be searching for a doctor during a crisis. I go back and forth in my head whether I could live without these breasts, or have scars or whatever happens. I thought I should just get them replaced and deal with it 10 years from now. But when I start reading the stories again, I think I should have them out. My husband thinks I should have them out, because of what he's read. More to my situation, I am still currently nursing my 2 year old daughter. I cannot foresee just weaning her off yet unless there was a serious problem and I would be forced to. I can't just switch her over to cow's milk as she gets eczema from cow's milk and dairy products since 8 months old when she started having them. She no longer has them to the best of my ability, with a few minor exceptions. She takes cod liver oil which helps her skin, and noticeably gets worse if she misses a few days. I'm searching for answers, direction, a English speaking doctor in Europe.

Hi my name is pat and one of my saline implants

ruptured while i was pregnant. I had no insurance at

the time so the doctor would not do anything for me.

The ruptured implant stayed in my body for a yr and a

half,i then got a lawyer and began to try and get them

out.I have been sick since and this was in 1992. I

always feel like i have the flu. I Was wondering what

your thoughts might be on the implants staying inside

my body that long ruptured..thanks pat

--- e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote:

> ,

>

> Mold and fungi are not always visible to the naked

> eye. My implants, as I already told you, contained

> 2 types of molds and both of my implants were clear.

> Only visible under the microscope were the molds

> and bacteria. Also, the shell of the implant allows

> material from the body to enter into the inside of

> the implant and vice versa. So, if you have any

> type of bacteria in your bloodstream, it can enter

> into your implant. If you have bacteria, mold, or

> fungi in your implant, it can enter into your

> bloodstream. This alone can make you ill and can

> cause a host of problems and symptoms, however mild.

> If your implant(s) were to rupture, and they

> contain molds or fungi, yes, they can make you

> extremely ill, and in some cases can cause

> overwhelming sepsis, and in worst case scenarios,

> death (although physicians would more than likely

> never admit it was due to your implants). It is

> also possible that your implants are ruptured, and

> simply have a slow leak. My right implant was

> ruptured but had not spilled its contents into my

> body. It simply had a " slow leak. " Once out of my

> body and I had a chance to look at them, I could

> notice a definate difference in size between the

> right and left. Pierre Blais (he analyzed my

> implants) said that my implants were manufactured

> incorrectly and were defective, and had defective

> valves. Key areas on the implants had weakened and

> he stated that it was highly likely that I would

> have suffered a major rupture within several days to

> weeks and would have suffered a severe infective

> episode from which recovery would have been very

> difficult.

>

> The other thing I want to bring up is the nursing.

> I am far from being an expert on this issue, but I

> do recall reading articles on this and other women

> on here probably know more than me. But I have read

> articles about women who breastfed while they had

> implants. Their children did fine and were " great,

> healthy, happy children. " However, 10-14 yrs later,

> these same children were dealing with a multitude of

> health problems ranging from severe clinical

> depression, to CA, to fibromyalgia, to autoimmune

> diseases, to neurological problems. And most of

> these women were now attributing their childrens'

> health problems to their implants. Silicone has

> platinum in it, toluene, benzene (a known

> carcinogen)and like 29 other chemicals that are all

> terribly toxic and dangerous to humans. Just

> because you're fine and your child is fine doesn't

> mean that you and your child will be 10 yrs from

> now. We are just now beginning to fully comprehend

> the dangers of silicone.

>

> My suggestion to you----don't play with fire,

> because when you do, you're going to get burnt!!!

>

> e, RN, BSN

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: DanzButterflies@...

> Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 10:09 AM

>

> Subject: Re: 10 year old saline

> implants

>

> I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am unsuccessful

> so far at trying to coerce her to wean. This past

> week, maybe because she wasn't feeling well, she

> kept refusing much of the food I try to get her to

> eat food. My husband tries too. She eats little

> bits here and there, but short of forcing her to

> eat...I feel trapped and frustrated often times. If

> I didn't have the breast issue, I wouldn't care if

> she continues to nurse until 3 or 4 as extended

> nursing advocates express the positive and natural

> benefits of doing so. But here I am approaching the

> 10 year mark with the saline implants. I haven't

> been overly concerned, except for last week when I

> read all the depressing stories. I wander about the

> statistics and also about all the women who have

> there implants replaced for the variety of

> reasons...I wonder about their old implants...were

> they contaminated?? were they clear? Is all

> bacteria/fungus visible? Can a person survive the

> bacteria if the implant ruptures? How many people

> die from the bacteria/fungal infections?

>

> My daughter mostly nurses only during the night to

> go to sleep or back to sleep if she wakes up. If I

> don't nurse her she cries so hard. And think that I

> should just let her nurse. I don't think she has

> been harmed by anything. With the exception that

> she has had a cold this past week, she rarely gets

> sick, she has been extremely healthy, vibrant, full

> of energy, growth...she is smart, speaks two

> languages, etc. So my main concern is if an implant

> breaks. It also concerns me because now that she is

> bigger she tries to climb over top of me to change

> positions and get comfortable to nurse and sometimes

> presses with her little hand on the breast area

> where the implant is. I try and get her hand before

> she places too much pressure and get fearful that

> the pressure might cause a rupture. I desperately

> need to find a surgeon here, but am limited as I

> don't speak German and rely on my husband who works

> full-time, he hasn't yet made the necessary phone

> calls. I need to really get him to phone around

> here to seek an English speaking doctor. I don't

> know their credential requirements here either in

> Germany and get a little fearful of German doctor's

> because of the unknown. I know that in general life

> here, some things are handled very differently than

> in America.

>

> Thank you for your thoughts and responses.

>

> Sincerely,

>

> From: MARTHA-NSIF

>

> Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:25 AM

> implants

>

>

> Your Husband is Right! Your doctor's advice is more

> than questionable. And you need to get your

> daughter off the breast ASAP!

>

> More later!

>

> Most sincerely,

> Mm

> Martha Murdock

> National Silicone Implant Foundation

> www.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/

> MAM-NSIF@...

>

>

, Mold and fungi are not always visible to the naked eye. My implants, as I already told you, contained 2 types of molds and both of my implants were clear. Only visible under the microscope were the molds and bacteria. Also, the shell of the implant allows material from the body to enter into the inside of the implant and vice versa. So, if you have any type of bacteria in your bloodstream, it can enter into your implant. If you have bacteria, mold, or fungi in your implant, it can enter into your bloodstream. This alone can make you ill and can cause a host of problems and symptoms, however mild. If your implant(s) were to rupture, and they contain molds or fungi, yes, they can make you extremely ill, and in some cases can cause overwhelming sepsis, and in worst case scenarios, death (although physicians would more than likely never admit it was due to your implants). It is also possible that your implants are ruptured, and simply have a slow leak. My right implant was ruptured but had not spilled its contents into my body. It simply had a "slow leak." Once out of my body and I had a chance to look at them, I could notice a definate difference in size between the right and left. Pierre Blais (he analyzed my implants) said that my implants were manufactured incorrectly and were defective, and had defective valves. Key areas on the implants had weakened and he stated that it was highly likely that I would have suffered a major rupture within several days to weeks and would have suffered a severe infective episode from which recovery would have been very difficult. The other thing I want to bring up is the nursing. I am far from being an expert on this issue, but I do recall reading articles on this and other women on here probably know more than me. But I have read articles about women who breastfed while they had implants. Their children did fine and were "great, healthy, happy children." However, 10-14 yrs later, these same children were dealing with a multitude of health problems ranging from severe clinical depression, to CA, to fibromyalgia, to autoimmune diseases, to neurological problems. And most of these women were now attributing their childrens' health problems to their implants. Silicone has platinum in it, toluene, benzene (a known carcinogen)and like 29 other chemicals that are all terribly toxic and dangerous to humans. Just because you're fine and your child is fine doesn't mean that you and your child will be 10 yrs from now. We are just now beginning to fully comprehend the dangers of silicone. My suggestion to you----don't play with fire, because when you do, you're going to get burnt!!! e, RN, BSN ----- Original Message ----- From: DanzButterflies@... Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 10:09 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am unsuccessful so far at trying to coerce her to wean. This past week, maybe because she wasn't feeling well, she kept refusing much of the food I try to get her to eat food. My husband tries too. She eats little bits here and there, but short of forcing her to eat...I feel trapped and frustrated often times. If I didn't have the breast issue, I wouldn't care if she continues to nurse until 3 or 4 as extended nursing advocates express the positive and natural benefits of doing so. But here I am approaching the 10 year mark with the saline implants. I haven't been overly concerned, except for last week when I read all the depressing stories. I wander about the statistics and also about all the women who have there implants replaced for the variety of reasons...I wonder about their old implants...were they contaminated?? were they clear? Is all bacteria/fungus visible? Can a person survive the bacteria if the implant ruptures? How many people die from the bacteria/fungal infections? My daughter mostly nurses only during the night to go to sleep or back to sleep if she wakes up. If I don't nurse her she cries so hard. And think that I should just let her nurse. I don't think she has been harmed by anything. With the exception that she has had a cold this past week, she rarely gets sick, she has been extremely healthy, vibrant, full of energy, growth...she is smart, speaks two languages, etc. So my main concern is if an implant breaks. It also concerns me because now that she is bigger she tries to climb over top of me to change positions and get comfortable to nurse and sometimes presses with her little hand on the breast area where the implant is. I try and get her hand before she places too much pressure and get fearful that the pressure might cause a rupture. I desperately need to find a surgeon here, but am limited as I don't speak German and rely on my husband who works full-time, he hasn't yet made the necessary phone calls. I need to really get him to phone around here to seek an English speaking doctor. I don't know their credential requirements here either in Germany and get a little fearful of German doctor's because of the unknown. I know that in general life here, some things are handled very differently than in America. Thank you for your thoughts and responses. Sincerely, ----- Original Message ----- From: MARTHA-NSIF Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:25 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants Your Husband is Right! Your doctor's advice is more than questionable. And you need to get your daughter off the breast ASAP! More later! Most sincerely, Mm Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/MAM-NSIF@...

Hi Pat,

Definitely not good! Welcome to our group....

You may want to get tested for mycoplasms and other pathogens that may be

contributing to your constant state of sickness.

As I have posted in the files section of this website, there are many

natural products you can use to try to reduce your viral, fungal and

bacterial load. These are very, very effective. I have used them myself

with outstanding results. Personally, I take large amounts of raw garlic,

as well as olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract, and other herbs. If

you take the time to research these products, you will see that they have

wonderful antibacterial, antifungal and anti viral properties.

You may still need to get on a course of antibiotics or other drug to

effectively deal with your situation, but these natural products are

something you can find at the grocery store or health food store and start

using now. Ruptured saline implants should be dealt with and no ignored.

I think you will find these products helpful, but I do strongly encourage

you to get the implants removed along with all scar tissue.

Patty

< >

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 12:38 AM

> Hi my name is pat and one of my saline implants

> ruptured while i was pregnant. I had no insurance at

> the time so the doctor would not do anything for me.

> The ruptured implant stayed in my body for a yr and a

> half,i then got a lawyer and began to try and get them

> out.I have been sick since and this was in 1992. I

> always feel like i have the flu. I Was wondering what

> your thoughts might be on the implants staying inside

> my body that long ruptured..thanks pat

> --- e Rene

Thank You very much!!

Sincerely,

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 3:24 AM

Hi ,

Welcome to our group. I do hope that we can give you some answers to your questions, and help you in this decision about your future with implants.

There is a support group leader in Switzerland named Cosima, and she may be able to help you get in touch with knowledgeable doctors there in Europe. I am going to forward your letter to Ilena Rosenthal, and hopefully she will be able to either get back with me with some information that will be helpful, or answer your letter directly to help you locate a doctor there. Either way, we will get you some contacts!

Love,

Patty

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 11:55 PM

Hello, my name is ,

I am new to this forum. This year coming up my saline implants will be 10 years old. I am 38 with a 2 yr old daughter. These are my second set of implants. My first were silicone put in at age 18 and then replaced with the saline at age 28.

After reading some websites, I got a little scared, alot scared. I emailed a doctor to see if I could get a referral who was featured on one of the sites...since I'm living in Germany, I hardly speak German, although my husband is fluent, I would not have a doctor who was not fluent in English. I thought I could travel to England or Holland if need be to find a doctor. Anyhow, I felt more optimistic after he told me the following:

without seeing you, I would try to assure you that saline implants are normally NOT a problem. Fungal infections etc are very rare. there is often staining of the saline.,but that cane be from hemosiderin ( red cell byproduct) or betadine (used to wash the cavity etc). But in general, if they are not bothering you, don't bother them!

So I felt relief and thought I shouldn't worry so much, but of course, still find a doctor so in case one ruptures I wouldn't be searching for a doctor during a crisis.

I go back and forth in my head whether I could live without these breasts, or have scars or whatever happens. I thought I should just get them replaced and deal with it 10 years from now. But when I start reading the stories again, I think I should have them out. My husband thinks I should have them out, because of what he's read.

More to my situation, I am still currently nursing my 2 year old daughter. I cannot foresee just weaning her off yet unless there was a serious problem and I would be forced to. I can't just switch her over to cow's milk as she gets eczema from cow's milk and dairy products since 8 months old when she started having them. She no longer has them to the best of my ability, with a few minor exceptions. She takes cod liver oil which helps her skin, and noticeably gets worse if she misses a few days.

>>Your implants are due to come out regardless of whether you choose to replace them or not. <<

Yes, I realize that, timing is my big problem right now...I never expected to be nursing past a year.

>>If you have read our stories then you know the hell we have all been through.<<

Exactly, why I joined the group and have been living in much fear laterly. Not a day goes by that it is not on mind throughout the day...especially when my daughter is nursing. Last week I began to attempt to refuse to nurse her and of course she got sick which is the worse time for me to attempt to wean. She is already stuffy and congested and refusing her, she cries so hard and gets more stuffed and congested and aggravates her until were all just in a mess. So I gave back in. I've been crying alot lately over it...this morning as well. On top of it, I'm sick with the cold she passed on to me and my energy and tolerance gets even more limited. I feel so stuck.

I appreciate the info. you provided about what you saw on TV about a few surgeons in Europe. Although not specifically aware of those views, I am aware at how different their views on so many other things that it already raised red flags with me.

My question about the saline...I thought that the saline being exposed to air is what would trigger growth of fungus or bacteria. And thought that since the saline is not exposed (??) that the likelihood of it growing would not be the same as an opened container of saline like you referred to. I do not have medical schooling...so I'm just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together from all that I read.

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:20 AM

Your implants are due to come out regardless of whether you choose to replace them or not. If you have read our stories then you know the hell we have all been through. Physicians in Europe look at breast implants differently than they do here in the states. I don't think that they believe that there is any potential for problems associated with them at all, and as a matter of fact, there was a show in April, 2001 on the Discovery Channel about breast implants that did interview 2 or 3 physicians from Europe, and they all said that implants were safe. But then again, they are also using silicone and were also one of the first ones to use soya implants, and look at what a disaster that turned out to be.

I strongly urge you to exercise caution and good judgment when making your decision. Removing your implants permanently will not disfigure you nor will they create larger more unsightly scars if you choose a physician that is well versed, knowledgeable, and skilled in removing them. The majority of the time, (at least in the US), the explanting ps will go through the same incisions that were made to place the implants (if they were placed using the inframammary technique). You can barely even notice my scars. And the majority of the time, your breasts look so much better without the implants than with them.

Let me ask you about those 3 you mentioned found in your explants..."I had Staph epidermidis, Aspergillus niger, and Aspergillus bouffardi"...are those harmful? or deadly? Is all bacteria bad? Since aren't we surrounded by it in our environment... Please, your thoughts? I am trying to learn and understand.

On nursing...I was told by doctors, nurses and also midwives (who are against vaccination for the toxins involved in that) that nursing would be OK...which is why I went ahead. I also read that because the milk ducts are separate that 'stuff' wouldn't enter them. Unless, I'm assuming it would be in my bloodstream. But if I had bacteria and fungus in my bloodstream...wouldn't I be sick? or wouldn't it have showed up during pregnancy when they would do lab testing on the blood? I have so many questions. I know that she is very sensitive to what she will ingest....wouldn't she refuse my milk if it was contaminated. Or does bacteria and those type of impurities have no taste or a human has no ability to detect through their senses? I would also like to know if any of the people that are highly against implants are also highly against vaccination or if they refuse implants and accept vaccination? I know that is a bit off topic, but I do wonder. I don't vaccinate my child, so fortunately she is free from those toxins.

Thank you so much for your input, I greatly appreciate it. And please accept my questions as a desire to understand.

Thank you, Sincerely,

All saline implants contain a silicone shell, so you are being exposed to silicone, as is your baby everytime you breastfeed. And the saline that is placed into the implants only has a shelf life of 18 months at a temperature of 77 degrees F. Think about this----the saline is placed into our body at a temp of minimum 96 degrees F, and stays there for a period of time ranging from months to yrs. Warm saline is a perfect medium for bacteria, mold, and fungi to grow. This is where this stuff loves to grow and divide---its warm and moist and dark. I am a registered nurse, and the saline that is used to fill implants is the same saline that is used to irrigate and clean wounds. When we clean and irrigate wounds, we open a bottle of saline and use it for 3 days (72 hrs) then toss it. Why? Because the risk of bacteria and other contaminants is too great. Would you want your wound or a family members' wound to be cleaned by contaminated saline? Probably not. But that is what is in your body. Even though docs will deny this, it is documented widely in the medical literature. And the vast majority of women who are explanted who have their implants scientifically analyzed do have bacteria, mold, and/or fungi growing in their implants. I did. I had Staph epidermidis, Aspergillus niger, and Aspergillus bouffardi. And if you could look at sterile saline bottles, even the expiration dates on them are generally about 1-2 yrs.

I, personally, don't know of any ps in Europe to refer you to, but perhaps one of the other women in this group could help you out. All of ask of you is to please think everything over very carefully because not only are you making a decision for yourself, but a decision for your baby who is being exposed everyday to toxins.

Sincerely,

Jusitne, RN, BSN, LNC

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 12:57 AM

Hello, my name is ,

e,

My last email got all wacky, I guess I went to look at something you wrote and wrote my response, but I typed it into the last part of your message that you wrote to me, so, maybe someone could delete that post, since it appears lower in the portion of your message and might confuse people if they don't see your original post. I will repost it here so that it's all together. Also, I couldn't access it properly again, so went to this post to respond to you. Sorry for any confusion.

I realized it when I went back to make a note - since I said I was sick and later said wouldn't I get sick from the bacteria? I thought it sounded a little peculiar and contradictary...but I am sure I got a cold/flu passed from my daughter, because she was sick for a week first and then my husband briefly got it (he teaches and is around a lot of people and also children too and usually when we get sick, he's the first

one). Just wanted to clarify.

Previous post I sent:

>>Your implants are due to come out regardless of whether you choose to replace them or not. <<

Yes, I realize that, timing is my big problem right now...I never expected to be nursing past a year.

>>If you have read our stories then you know the hell we have all been through.<<

Exactly, why I joined the group and have been living in much fear laterly. Not a day goes by that it is not on mind throughout the day...especially when my daughter is nursing. Last week I began to attempt to refuse to nurse her and of course she got sick which is the worse time for me to attempt to wean. She is already stuffy and congested and refusing her, she cries so hard and gets more stuffed and congested and aggravates her until were all just in a mess. So I gave back in. I've been crying alot lately over it...this morning as well. On top of it, I'm sick with the cold she passed on to me and my energy and tolerance gets even more limited. I feel so stuck.

I appreciate the info. you provided about what you saw on TV about a few surgeons in Europe. Although not specifically aware of those views, I am aware at how different their views on so many other things that it already raised red flags with me.

My question about the saline...I thought that the saline being exposed to air is what would trigger growth of fungus or bacteria. And thought that since the saline is not exposed (??) that the likelihood of it growing would not be the same as an opened container of saline like you referred to. I do not have medical schooling...so I'm just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together from all that I read.

Let me ask you about those 3 you mentioned found in your explants..."I had Staph epidermidis, Aspergillus niger, and Aspergillus bouffardi"...are those harmful? or deadly? Is all bacteria bad? Since aren't we surrounded by it in our environment... Please, your thoughts? I am trying to learn and understand.

On nursing...I was told by doctors, nurses and also midwives (who are against vaccination for the toxins involved in that) that nursing would be OK...which is why I went ahead. I also read that because the milk ducts are separate that 'stuff' wouldn't enter them. Unless, I'm assuming it would be in my bloodstream. But if I had bacteria and fungus in my bloodstream...wouldn't I be sick? or wouldn't it have showed up during pregnancy when they would do lab testing on the blood? I have so many questions. I know that she is very sensitive to what she will ingest....wouldn't she refuse my milk if it was contaminated. Or does bacteria and those type of impurities have no taste or a human has no ability to detect through their senses? I would also like to know if any of the people that are highly against implants are also highly against vaccination or if they refuse implants and accept vaccination? I know that is a bit off topic, but I do wonder. I don't vaccinate my child, so fortunately she is free from those toxins.

Thank you so much for your input, I greatly appreciate it. And please accept my questions as a desire to understand.

Thank you, Sincerely,

Dear e,

The children you mentioned in the studies you read about....how do these people know they were not caused by the adverse reactions of vaccines. There are some serious issues with vaccines and doctor's continue to say they are safe and needed and parents continue to believe them and poison there children. It's even worse these days, because of the multiple doses they get in one injection. Here are a couple links related to vaccine ingredients and diseases linked to that:

http://www.whale.to/vaccines.html

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ingredients.html

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/diseases.html

So, whether these problems are related to the ingredients of silicone and/or vaccines. Not to mention some of the toxic pollution in our environment. I don't know.

Naturally I don't want to endanger my daughter and put her at risk. I just wish weaning her was as easy as nursing her. I'm trying to figure it out.

Again, thank you for the information...I will search the web based on some of those key words you provided.

Sincerely,

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 2:30 PM

Mold and fungi are not always visible to the naked eye. My implants, as I already told you, contained 2 types of molds and both of my implants were clear. Only visible under the microscope were the molds and bacteria. Also, the shell of the implant allows material from the body to enter into the inside of the implant and vice versa. So, if you have any type of bacteria in your bloodstream, it can enter into your implant. If you have bacteria, mold, or fungi in your implant, it can enter into your bloodstream. This alone can make you ill and can cause a host of problems and symptoms, however mild. If your implant(s) were to rupture, and they contain molds or fungi, yes, they can make you extremely ill, and in some cases can cause overwhelming sepsis, and in worst case scenarios, death (although physicians would more than likely never admit it was due to your implants). It is also possible that your implants are ruptured, and simply have a slow leak. My right implant was ruptured but had not spilled its contents into my body. It simply had a "slow leak." Once out of my body and I had a chance to look at them, I could notice a definate difference in size between the right and left. Pierre Blais (he analyzed my implants) said that my implants were manufactured incorrectly and were defective, and had defective valves. Key areas on the implants had weakened and he stated that it was highly likely that I would have suffered a major rupture within several days to weeks and would have suffered a severe infective episode from which recovery would have been very difficult.

The other thing I want to bring up is the nursing. I am far from being an expert on this issue, but I do recall reading articles on this and other women on here probably know more than me. But I have read articles about women who breastfed while they had implants. Their children did fine and were "great, healthy, happy children." However, 10-14 yrs later, these same children were dealing with a multitude of health problems ranging from severe clinical depression, to CA, to fibromyalgia, to autoimmune diseases, to neurological problems. And most of these women were now attributing their childrens' health problems to their implants. Silicone has platinum in it, toluene, benzene (a known carcinogen)and like 29 other chemicals that are all terribly toxic and dangerous to humans. Just because you're fine and your child is fine doesn't mean that you and your child will be 10 yrs from now. We are just now beginning to fully comprehend the dangers of silicone.

My suggestion to you----don't play with fire, because when you do, you're going to get burnt!!!

e, RN, BSN

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 10:09 AM

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am unsuccessful so far at trying to coerce her to wean. This past week, maybe because she wasn't feeling well, she kept refusing much of the food I try to get her to eat food. My husband tries too. She eats little bits here and there, but short of forcing her to eat...I feel trapped and frustrated often times. If I didn't have the breast issue, I wouldn't care if she continues to nurse until 3 or 4 as extended nursing advocates express the positive and natural benefits of doing so. But here I am approaching the 10 year mark with the saline implants. I haven't been overly concerned, except for last week when I read all the depressing stories. I wander about the statistics and also about all the women who have there implants replaced for the variety of reasons...I wonder about their old implants...were they contaminated?? were they clear? Is all bacteria/fungus visible? Can a person survive the bacteria if the implant ruptures? How many people die from the bacteria/fungal infections?

My daughter mostly nurses only during the night to go to sleep or back to sleep if she wakes up. If I don't nurse her she cries so hard. And think that I should just let her nurse. I don't think she has been harmed by anything. With the exception that she has had a cold this past week, she rarely gets sick, she has been extremely healthy, vibrant, full of energy, growth...she is smart, speaks two languages, etc. So my main concern is if an implant breaks. It also concerns me because now that she is bigger she tries to climb over top of me to change positions and get comfortable to nurse and sometimes presses with her little hand on the breast area where the implant is. I try and get her hand before she places too much pressure and get fearful that the pressure might cause a rupture. I desperately need to find a surgeon here, but am limited as I don't speak German and rely on my husband who works full-time, he hasn't yet made the necessary phone calls. I need to really get him to phone around here to seek an English speaking doctor. I don't know their credential requirements here either in Germany and get a little fearful of German doctor's because of the unknown. I know that in general life here, some things are handled very differently than in America.

Thank you for your thoughts and responses.

Sincerely,

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:25 AM

More later!

Most sincerely,

Mm

I just love this young lady, e, and how very smart she is -- better than most doctors!

Please listen to her!

MM

Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/

e,

Thank you very much, that was very informative.

Would you happen to know if doctor's would generally explant a patient and allow the patient to pay in payments or is it all up front? What happens when it takes a person at least 4 or 5 months to save for this type of surgery? I haven't been able to speak to any doctor's here yet, so I'm still wondering and hoping someone on the board here can give me an idea. If it's 10 years this year for my implants...time is ticking..and very scary.

Once my daughter is well again, how abruptly do I attempt to get her to wean? I followed attachment parenting sites who spoke of self-weaning and that's how I'm at 2 years now...I read somewhere that sometimes toddler's will self-wean around 2.5 yrs. My daughter will be approaching that point in 3 months. It would take my husband and I at least 4 months to save every dime to get somewhere between 3 thousand (US dollars) for a surgery. I still don't believe my husband when he says that because I know things come up and delay saving more quickly. I have no idea how much this surgery costs...and apt to think they are going to be more expensive here in Europe. If I had to fly back to the U.S. it will take much longer to save for the flight(s) and my husband won't be free from work until June (fortunately in Germany in summertime everyone gets a 4-6 week vacation - but that means no pay, so it's not exactly ideal) - so that is 5 months from now. Flying to Holland would be more ideal (I know there are many more English speaking there), flying to England is an option, but not as easy as Holland (price and timewise for travelling). I feel very stuck. I don't want to die or seriously harm my health, I want to be here for my daughter. My mom died of cancer when I was 17 (father died when I was 12) and it was awful not having the direction and love of my mom. I don't want that to happen to my daughter. Also, I have a sister in her early 50's who has had silicone implants in for about 20 years, when she had her first bout of cancer. I mentioned to her I read some scary things, but she didn't seem to concerned. I didn't say more, because I didn't know more of what to say. I don't want to scare her...she's had such a hard life, and I don't want her to be harmed either. She does not have or know anything about computers, so she has no access, nor interest in the internet...as far as I know.

I'm also worried when I have these implants removed - if what you and others say is true about the bacteria, I fear that the implant could get cut while opening the breast for removal, causing it to spill into my body and harming me that way. This whole thing is a nightmare. I had to back off a week ago from reading the negative information because it was so disturbing, depressing and increasing my headaches.

Sincerely concerned,

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 3:07 PM

No, my guess would be that you cannot taste bacteria, molds, fungi, although you can sometimes see molds/fungi if they overtake something. Same as if you have moldy bread. But bacteria is invisible to the naked eye.

As for the bacteria and molds/fungi not being in your bloodstream, this is pure misinformation---again, by physicians and nurses and other medical personnel that are not well educated (or simply don't want to admit) that implants cause disease. As I explained in an earlier email, the implant shell "shares" the saline with the rest of your body and what's in your body (and bloodstream) is shared with the saline in your implant. So, things are constantly being "swapped." So, if there is any harmful bacteria, (or even non harmful bacteria at this point), it is being shared and exchanged with the rest of your body.

As for your question about all bacteria being harmful. Yes and no. Yes because all bacteria have the potential to reproduce and grow to a point where our body can not effectively fight it. Then our body needs help, and that is where antibiotics come in. There is also bacteria that is antibiotic resistant, and our bodies can't fight that, so it essentially takes over and can kill us. Simple bacteria such as E. coli, S. aureaus, S. epi can be deadly because there are mutating strains and they are deadly. There just simply isn't a "simple" bacteria anymore. No, because bacteria is all over, and you're right, we live with bacteria everyday. Healthy people with normal immune systems have the abililty to fight bacteria, and normally can fight infections without antibiotic treatment. We are exposed to so many germs and bacteria everyday, and we don't even know it. And yet our bodies fight it off. If our bodies didn't do that, our population would cease to exist.

The question is when do bacteria and other toxic agents become harmful? The answer to that is when our body has used up all its defenses and it still has not eradicated the offending agent. We are the host to the "invader" and it is liking it. So the bacteria, mold, fungi, virus, continue to replicate because we are providing it with a favorable environment in which it can grow. The agents then manifest themselves in various ways. We either become extremely, suddenly ill with high fevers, aches, prurulent drainage from the wound, surgical site, cut, etc.; we may have a change in our lab work such as an increased WBC, increased neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosonophils, increased ESR, increased CRP. Depending on where the infection is, we may also have shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, productive cough, malaise, weakness, fatigue, or any number of symptoms. However, I used to work with a group of infectious disease docs and ran and managed their ambulatory infusion center and you would be amazed at how many people have active infections yet are asymptomatic (no change in lab values, no active symptoms to alarm them). Twice now I have had severe cellulitic infections and each time my WBC count had been normal, my ESR has been normal, and the only indication of infection was severe pain, redness, and swelling around the site, and even then the docs questioned infection.

So, how do you find out if you have bacteria, mold/fungi in your bloodstream? Well, you really can't. You can test for mycoplasma, which is a common fungal infection implant women seem to have. I tested negative for it. But as for the others, I honestly don't know if you can test for it specifically. You can do a blood culture, which is how we screen for blood infections and then treat them. That would be my best suggestion to you. It is very accurate, but must be done the right way. You must have 2 cultures done, both from separate sites. When I draw peripheral blood cultures, I like to draw one from one arm, and the other from the other arm. It is impt that the RN follow the instructions to the "T" or the test results will be affected and won't be accurate. The results take up to 72 hrs to come back. But you must be sure that the culture they order tests not just for bacteria, but for molds/fungi (aerobic/anaerobic). I never knew that my implants contained any molds or bacteria nor would I have guessed. It wasn't until I had them professionally and scientifically analyzed that these tests were done on the implants. And as a matter of fact, it was just 2 wks ago that one of my drs asked me if I was ever treated for the S. epi and A. niger and A. bouffardi. I never was, and I have to wonder if I should have been and why I wasn't. I also have to wonder if that stuff is still floating around in my bloodstream, and if perhaps I should have a blood culture done????

I hope I have answered some if not all of your questions, . Please feel free to ask me anymore that you may have.

e

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 10:08 AM

e,

My last email got all wacky, I guess I went to look at something you wrote and wrote my response, but I typed it into the last part of your message that you wrote to me, so, maybe someone could delete that post, since it appears lower in the portion of your message and might confuse people if they don't see your original post. I will repost it here so that it's all together. Also, I couldn't access it properly again, so went to this post to respond to you. Sorry for any confusion.

I realized it when I went back to make a note - since I said I was sick and later said wouldn't I get sick from the bacteria? I thought it sounded a little peculiar and contradictary...but I am sure I got a cold/flu passed from my daughter, because she was sick for a week first and then my husband briefly got it (he teaches and is around a lot of people and also children too and usually when we get sick, he's the first

one). Just wanted to clarify.

Previous post I sent:

Thank you, Sincerely,

Glad I am not alone in my love of raw garlic as a health promoting herb!

I would highly recommend it for you, e. Just plan on eating some when you know you are going to have a stretch of time, like 8 hours where you won't have to be around anyone. Maybe eat it at night after work, and by the time you go to work the next morning it will be gone? It's worth a shot...

Patty

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 6:12 AM

Patty,

Just wanted to let you know that I was out with some friends on Sat night, and one of the girls I was out with told me that she eats raw garlic everyday and enjoys great health. I immediately thought of you and told her about you (not about you and your story, just that you eat garlic and you feel better). I'd do it in a heartbeat, because I LOVE garlic, but I'm afraid of the social implications:)

e

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:19 AM

Hi Pat,Definitely not good! Welcome to our group....You may want to get tested for mycoplasms and other pathogens that may becontributing to your constant state of sickness.As I have posted in the files section of this website, there are manynatural products you can use to try to reduce your viral, fungal andbacterial load. These are very, very effective. I have used them myselfwith outstanding results. Personally, I take large amounts of raw garlic,as well as olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract, and other herbs. Ifyou take the time to research these products, you will see that they havewonderful antibacterial, antifungal and anti viral properties.You may still need to get on a course of antibiotics or other drug toeffectively deal with your situation, but these natural products aresomething you can find at the grocery store or health food store and startu sing now. Ruptured saline implants should be dealt with and no ignored.I think you will find these products helpful, but I do strongly encourageyou to get the implants removed along with all scar tissue.Patty----- Original Message -----From: "oll oll" <oll8o@...>< >Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 12:38 AMSubject: Re: 10 year old saline implants> Hi my name is pat and one of my saline implants> ruptured while i was pregnant. I had no insurance at> the time so the doctor would not do anything for me.> The ruptured implant stayed in my body for a yr and a> half,i then got a lawyer and began to try and get them> out.I have been sick since and this was in 1992. I> always feel like i have the flu. I Was wondering what> your thoughts might be on the implants staying inside> my body that long ruptured..thanks pat> --- e Rene

The implants stayed inside my body ruptured for about

a yr and a half(no insurance)I have them out

now....pat

-- - e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote:

> Pat,

>

> Do you have the implants out now? If so, how long

> was it before you finally got them out?

>

> Yes, it is entirely possible that your ruptured

> implant has caused you to feel like you have the

> flu. It is hard to know what that saline contained

> in it; whether there was any bacteria, molds/fungi,

> and if so, these would obviously have been spilled

> into your body. If you were not treated for these

> toxins, then it is possible that your body is

> constantly trying to fight this subclinical

> infection, hence the reason you always feel like you

> have the flu.

>

> Once an implant has ruptured, it is always best to

> get it out as soon as possible. The longer it stays

> in your body, the more potential harm that can be

> done.

>

> e

>

> From: oll oll

> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 1:38 AM

>

> implants

>

> Hi my name is pat and one of my saline implants

> ruptured while i was pregnant. I had no insurance at

> the time so the doctor would not do anything for me.

> The ruptured implant stayed in my body for a yr and

> a

> half,i then got a lawyer and began to try and get

> them

> out.I have been sick since and this was in 1992. I

> always feel like i have the flu. I Was wondering

> what

> your thoughts might be on the implants staying

> inside

> my body that long ruptured..thanks pat

> --- e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote:

> > ,

> >

> > Mold and fungi are not always visible to the naked

> > eye. My implants, as I already told you,

> contained

> > 2 types of molds and both of my implants were

> clear.

> > Only visible under the microscope were the molds

> > and bacteria. Also, the shell of the implant

> allows

> > material from the body to enter into the inside of

> > the implant and vice versa. So, if you have any

> > type of bacteria in your bloodstream, it can enter

> > into your implant. If you have bacteria, mold, or

> > fungi in your implant, it can enter into your

> > bloodstream. This alone can make you ill and can

> > cause a host of problems and symptoms, however

> mild.

> > If your implant(s) were to rupture, and they

> > contain molds or fungi, yes, they can make you

> > extremely ill, and in some cases can cause

> > overwhelming sepsis, and in worst case scenarios,

> > death (although physicians would more than likely

> > never admit it was due to your implants). It is

> > also possible that your implants are ruptured, and

> > simply have a slow leak. My right implant was

> > ruptured but had not spilled its contents into my

> > body. It simply had a " slow leak. " Once out of

> my

> > body and I had a chance to look at them, I could

> > notice a definate difference in size between the

> > right and left. Pierre Blais (he analyzed my

> > implants) said that my implants were manufactured

> > incorrectly and were defective, and had defective

> > valves. Key areas on the implants had weakened

> and

> > he stated that it was highly likely that I would

> > have suffered a major rupture within several days

> to

> > weeks and would have suffered a severe infective

> > episode from which recovery would have been very

> > difficult.

> >

> > The other thing I want to bring up is the nursing.

> > I am far from being an expert on this issue, but I

> > do recall reading articles on this and other women

> > on here probably know more than me. But I have

> read

> > articles about women who breastfed while they had

> > implants. Their children did fine and were

> " great,

> > healthy, happy children. " However, 10-14 yrs

> later,

> > these same children were dealing with a multitude

> of

> > health problems ranging from severe clinical

> > depression, to CA, to fibromyalgia, to autoimmune

> > diseases, to neurological problems. And most of

> > these women were now attributing their childrens'

> > health problems to their implants. Silicone has

> > platinum in it, toluene, benzene (a known

> > carcinogen)and like 29 other chemicals that are

> all

> > terribly toxic and dangerous to humans. Just

> > because you're fine and your child is fine doesn't

> > mean that you and your child will be 10 yrs from

> > now. We are just now beginning to fully

> comprehend

> > the dangers of silicone.

> >

> > My suggestion to you----don't play with fire,

> > because when you do, you're going to get burnt!!!

> >

> > e, RN, BSN

> >

> > ----- Original Message -----

> > From: DanzButterflies@...

> > Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 10:09 AM

> >

> > Subject: Re: 10 year old saline

> > implants

> >

> > I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am

> unsuccessful

> > so far at trying to coerce her to wean. This past

> > week, maybe because she wasn't feeling well, she

> > kept refusing much of the food I try to get her to

> > eat food. My husband tries too. She eats little

> > bits here and there, but short of forcing her to

> > eat...I feel trapped and frustrated often times.

> If

> > I didn't have the breast issue, I wouldn't care if

> > she continues to nurse until 3 or 4 as extended

> > nursing advocates express the positive and natural

> > benefits of doing so. But here I am approaching

> the

> > 10 year mark with the saline implants. I haven't

> > been overly concerned, except for last week when I

> > read all the depressing stories. I wander about

> the

> > statistics and also about all the women who have

> > there implants replaced for the variety of

> > reasons...I wonder about their old implants...were

> > they contaminated?? were they clear? Is all

> > bacteria/fungus visible? Can a person survive the

> > bacteria if the implant ruptures? How many people

> > die from the bacteria/fungal infections?

> >

> > My daughter mostly nurses only during the night to

> > go to sleep or back to sleep if she wakes up. If

> I

> > don't nurse her she cries so hard. And think that

> I

> > should just let her nurse. I don't think she has

> > been harmed by anything. With the exception that

> > she has had a cold this past week, she rarely gets

> > sick, she has been extremely healthy, vibrant,

> full

> > of energy, growth...she is smart, speaks two

> > languages, etc. So my main concern is if an

> implant

> > breaks. It also concerns me because now that she

> is

> > bigger she tries to climb over top of me to change

> > positions and get comfortable to nurse and

> sometimes

> > presses with her little hand on the breast area

> > where the implant is. I try and get her hand

> before

> > she places too much pressure and get fearful that

> > the pressure might cause a rupture. I desperately

> > need to find a surgeon here, but am limited as I

> > don't speak German and rely on my husband who

> works

> > full-time, he hasn't yet made the necessary phone

> > calls. I need to really get him to phone around

> > here to seek an English speaking doctor. I don't

> > know their credential requirements here either in

> > Germany and get a little fearful of German

> doctor's

> > because of the unknown. I know that in general

> life

> > here, some things are handled very differently

> than

> > in America.

> >

> > Thank you for your thoughts and responses.

> >

> > Sincerely,

> >

> > ----- Original Message -----

> > From: MARTHA-NSIF

> >

> > Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:25 AM

> > Subject: Re: 10 year old saline

> > implants

> >

>

=== message truncated ===

I can't say that these children weren't harmed by vaccines and not implants. However, many of these childrens' illnesses were so severe that their physicians could only link them to the implants. And while there are studies that link childhood vaccines to chronic health problems, the percentages just are not accurate nor are they representative of the amt of children in the world who get vaccinated daily and who go on to grow up and report no health problems whatsoever. No matter how you look at it, there is always going to be a certain percentage of people who have adverse reactions to anything you give them and will be followed for yrs and everything bad that happens to them will be reported for the rest of their lives. It is inevitable and a fact in healthcare research. However, if you look at some of these women, their implants had ruptured. In other cases, they had not. At any rate, saline or silicone, ruptured or intact, you are still exposing your child to the toxic chemicals in implants. Martha Murdock posted a list recently of the chemicals in silicone. If you did not see it, ask her for it. Things like benzene, alcohol, rubber solvent, etc is what is put into silicone to make it. Now, if you think vaccines are any more dangerous than silicone, than we need to have a serious discussion! Vaccines are also absolutely necessary. Without them many many children and adults would die from diseases that have been eradicated or would normally kill a child. Diseases such as rubella, rubeola, mumps, diptheria, tetanus, polio. All of these diseases would seriously or permanently injure a child if not immediately kill them without the above vaccines. I highly doubt you would be singing the same tune if your child were to come in contact with mumps and had not been vaccinated, had to be quarantined, caused a mass quarantine of the entire community you live in, and then your child died, as well as others that he/she came in contact with. Wouldn't you wish you had had your child vaccinated if it meant a preventable death???? As for other vaccines like chicken pox, meningitis, pneumonia, hepatitis----I do question the validity of those. I never rec'd those vaccines, as I'm sure the majority of women on this support group didn't either. And yet we're all here and alive to tell our stories. I do think there is some good to actually contracting some of these diseases and developing a natural or acquired immunity, like you do with chicken pox. I think the medical community is playing with fire (again) when we start to develop vaccines for everything. Let our bodies respond naturally to things it can respond to. Now, granted, we don't want hepatitis or meningitis, but then how often are we exposed to these things, unless we have a high risk job (like me working in healthcare)? Back to implants. No one can force you to believe anything about implants. You have to reach the conclusion and ultimate decision yourself. And the only way to can do that is to read the stories, ask questions, read the literature, and make and informed decision. Don't make a decision until you feel all of your questions have been answered fully and to the extent you want and don't make a decision until you feel that you can look yourself in the mirror and be able to live with the decision that you make. e, RN, BSN ----- Original Message ----- From: DanzButterflies@... Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 10:55 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants Dear e, The children you mentioned in the studies you read about....how do these people know they were not caused by the adverse reactions of vaccines. There are some serious issues with vaccines and doctor's continue to say they are safe and needed and parents continue to believe them and poison there children. It's even worse these days, because of the multiple doses they get in one injection. Here are a couple links related to vaccine ingredients and diseases linked to that: http://www.whale.to/vaccines.html http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ingredients.html http://www.whale.to/vaccines/diseases.html So, whether these problems are related to the ingredients of silicone and/or vaccines. Not to mention some of the toxic pollution in our environment. I don't know. Naturally I don't want to endanger my daughter and put her at risk. I just wish weaning her was as easy as nursing her. I'm trying to figure it out. Again, thank you for the information...I will search the web based on some of those key words you provided. Sincerely, ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 2:30 PM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants , Mold and fungi are not always visible to the naked eye. My implants, as I already told you, contained 2 types of molds and both of my implants were clear. Only visible under the microscope were the molds and bacteria. Also, the shell of the implant allows material from the body to enter into the inside of the implant and vice versa. So, if you have any type of bacteria in your bloodstream, it can enter into your implant. If you have bacteria, mold, or fungi in your implant, it can enter into your bloodstream. This alone can make you ill and can cause a host of problems and symptoms, however mild. If your implant(s) were to rupture, and they contain molds or fungi, yes, they can make you extremely ill, and in some cases can cause overwhelming sepsis, and in worst case scenarios, death (although physicians would more than likely never admit it was due to your implants). It is also possible that your implants are ruptured, and simply have a slow leak. My right implant was ruptured but had not spilled its contents into my body. It simply had a "slow leak." Once out of my body and I had a chance to look at them, I could notice a definate difference in size between the right and left. Pierre Blais (he analyzed my implants) said that my implants were manufactured incorrectly and were defective, and had defective valves. Key areas on the implants had weakened and he stated that it was highly likely that I would have suffered a major rupture within several days to weeks and would have suffered a severe infective episode from which recovery would have been very difficult. The other thing I want to bring up is the nursing. I am far from being an expert on this issue, but I do recall reading articles on this and other women on here probably know more than me. But I have read articles about women who breastfed while they had implants. Their children did fine and were "great, healthy, happy children." However, 10-14 yrs later, these same children were dealing with a multitude of health problems ranging from severe clinical depression, to CA, to fibromyalgia, to autoimmune diseases, to neurological problems. And most of these women were now attributing their childrens' health problems to their implants. Silicone has platinum in it, toluene, benzene (a known carcinogen)and like 29 other chemicals that are all terribly toxic and dangerous to humans. Just because you're fine and your child is fine doesn't mean that you and your child will be 10 yrs from now. We are just now beginning to fully comprehend the dangers of silicone. My suggestion to you----don't play with fire, because when you do, you're going to get burnt!!! e, RN, BSN ----- Original Message ----- From: DanzButterflies@... Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 10:09 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am unsuccessful so far at trying to coerce her to wean. This past week, maybe because she wasn't feeling well, she kept refusing much of the food I try to get her to eat food. My husband tries too. She eats little bits here and there, but short of forcing her to eat...I feel trapped and frustrated often times. If I didn't have the breast issue, I wouldn't care if she continues to nurse until 3 or 4 as extended nursing advocates express the positive and natural benefits of doing so. But here I am approaching the 10 year mark with the saline implants. I haven't been overly concerned, except for last week when I read all the depressing stories. I wander about the statistics and also about all the women who have there implants replaced for the variety of reasons...I wonder about their old implants...were they contaminated?? were they clear? Is all bacteria/fungus visible? Can a person survive the bacteria if the implant ruptures? How many people die from the bacteria/fungal infections? My daughter mostly nurses only during the night to go to sleep or back to sleep if she wakes up. If I don't nurse her she cries so hard. And think that I should just let her nurse. I don't think she has been harmed by anything. With the exception that she has had a cold this past week, she rarely gets sick, she has been extremely healthy, vibrant, full of energy, growth...she is smart, speaks two languages, etc. So my main concern is if an implant breaks. It also concerns me because now that she is bigger she tries to climb over top of me to change positions and get comfortable to nurse and sometimes presses with her little hand on the breast area where the implant is. I try and get her hand before she places too much pressure and get fearful that the pressure might cause a rupture. I desperately need to find a surgeon here, but am limited as I don't speak German and rely on my husband who works full-time, he hasn't yet made the necessary phone calls. I need to really get him to phone around here to seek an English speaking doctor. I don't know their credential requirements here either in Germany and get a little fearful of German doctor's because of the unknown. I know that in general life here, some things are handled very differently than in America. Thank you for your thoughts and responses. Sincerely, ----- Original Message ----- From: MARTHA-NSIF Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:25 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants Your Husband is Right! Your doctor's advice is more than questionable. And you need to get your daughter off the breast ASAP! More later! Most sincerely, Mm Martha MurdockNational Silicone Implant Foundationwww.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/MAM-NSIF@...

, Bacteria, mold, and fungi love to grow and reproduce in warm, moist, dark areas. Your implants provide the perfect environment for this. Your implants are all of the above. It is a perfect growth medium. e ----- Original Message ----- From: DanzButterflies@... Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 10:40 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants >>Your implants are due to come out regardless of whether you choose to replace them or not. << Yes, I realize that, timing is my big problem right now...I never expected to be nursing past a year. >>If you have read our stories then you know the hell we have all been through.<< Exactly, why I joined the group and have been living in much fear laterly. Not a day goes by that it is not on mind throughout the day...especially when my daughter is nursing. Last week I began to attempt to refuse to nurse her and of course she got sick which is the worse time for me to attempt to wean. She is already stuffy and congested and refusing her, she cries so hard and gets more stuffed and congested and aggravates her until were all just in a mess. So I gave back in. I've been crying alot lately over it...this morning as well. On top of it, I'm sick with the cold she passed on to me and my energy and tolerance gets even more limited. I feel so stuck. I appreciate the info. you provided about what you saw on TV about a few surgeons in Europe. Although not specifically aware of those views, I am aware at how different their views on so many other things that it already raised red flags with me. My question about the saline...I thought that the saline being exposed to air is what would trigger growth of fungus or bacteria. And thought that since the saline is not exposed (??) that the likelihood of it growing would not be the same as an opened container of saline like you referred to. I do not have medical schooling...so I'm just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together from all that I read. ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:20 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants Your implants are due to come out regardless of whether you choose to replace them or not. If you have read our stories then you know the hell we have all been through. Physicians in Europe look at breast implants differently than they do here in the states. I don't think that they believe that there is any potential for problems associated with them at all, and as a matter of fact, there was a show in April, 2001 on the Discovery Channel about breast implants that did interview 2 or 3 physicians from Europe, and they all said that implants were safe. But then again, they are also using silicone and were also one of the first ones to use soya implants, and look at what a disaster that turned out to be. I strongly urge you to exercise caution and good judgment when making your decision. Removing your implants permanently will not disfigure you nor will they create larger more unsightly scars if you choose a physician that is well versed, knowledgeable, and skilled in removing them. The majority of the time, (at least in the US), the explanting ps will go through the same incisions that were made to place the implants (if they were placed using the inframammary technique). You can barely even notice my scars. And the majority of the time, your breasts look so much better without the implants than with them. Let me ask you about those 3 you mentioned found in your explants..."I had Staph epidermidis, Aspergillus niger, and Aspergillus bouffardi"...are those harmful? or deadly? Is all bacteria bad? Since aren't we surrounded by it in our environment... Please, your thoughts? I am trying to learn and understand. On nursing...I was told by doctors, nurses and also midwives (who are against vaccination for the toxins involved in that) that nursing would be OK...which is why I went ahead. I also read that because the milk ducts are separate that 'stuff' wouldn't enter them. Unless, I'm assuming it would be in my bloodstream. But if I had bacteria and fungus in my bloodstream...wouldn't I be sick? or wouldn't it have showed up during pregnancy when they would do lab testing on the blood? I have so many questions. I know that she is very sensitive to what she will ingest....wouldn't she refuse my milk if it was contaminated. Or does bacteria and those type of impurities have no taste or a human has no ability to detect through their senses? I would also like to know if any of the people that are highly against implants are also highly against vaccination or if they refuse implants and accept vaccination? I know that is a bit off topic, but I do wonder. I don't vaccinate my child, so fortunately she is free from those toxins. Thank you so much for your input, I greatly appreciate it. And please accept my questions as a desire to understand. Thank you, Sincerely, All saline implants contain a silicone shell, so you are being exposed to silicone, as is your baby everytime you breastfeed. And the saline that is placed into the implants only has a shelf life of 18 months at a temperature of 77 degrees F. Think about this----the saline is placed into our body at a temp of minimum 96 degrees F, and stays there for a period of time ranging from months to yrs. Warm saline is a perfect medium for bacteria, mold, and fungi to grow. This is where this stuff loves to grow and divide---its warm and moist and dark. I am a registered nurse, and the saline that is used to fill implants is the same saline that is used to irrigate and clean wounds. When we clean and irrigate wounds, we open a bottle of saline and use it for 3 days (72 hrs) then toss it. Why? Because the risk of bacteria and other contaminants is too great. Would you want your wound or a family members' wound to be cleaned by contaminated saline? Probably not. But that is what is in your body. Even though docs will deny this, it is documented widely in the medical literature. And the vast majority of women who are explanted who have their implants scientifically analyzed do have bacteria, mold, and/or fungi growing in their implants. I did. I had Staph epidermidis, Aspergillus niger, and Aspergillus bouffardi. And if you could look at sterile saline bottles, even the expiration dates on them are generally about 1-2 yrs. I, personally, don't know of any ps in Europe to refer you to, but perhaps one of the other women in this group could help you out. All of ask of you is to please think everything over very carefully because not only are you making a decision for yourself, but a decision for your baby who is being exposed everyday to toxins. Sincerely, Jusitne, RN, BSN, LNC ----- Original Message ----- From: DanzButterflies@... Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 12:57 AM Subject: 10 year old saline implants Hello, my name is , I am new to this forum. This year coming up my saline implants will be 10 years old. I am 38 with a 2 yr old daughter. These are my second set of implants. My first were silicone put in at age 18 and then replaced with the saline at age 28. After reading some websites, I got a little scared, alot scared. I emailed a doctor to see if I could get a referral who was featured on one of the sites...since I'm living in Germany, I hardly speak German, although my husband is fluent, I would not have a doctor who was not fluent in English. I thought I could travel to England or Holland if need be to find a doctor. Anyhow, I felt more optimistic after he told me the following: without seeing you, I would try to assure you that saline implants are normally NOT a problem. Fungal infections etc are very rare. there is often staining of the saline.,but that cane be from hemosiderin ( red cell byproduct) or betadine (used to wash the cavity etc). But in general, if they are not bothering you, don't bother them! So I felt relief and thought I shouldn't worry so much, but of course, still find a doctor so in case one ruptures I wouldn't be searching for a doctor during a crisis. I go back and forth in my head whether I could live without these breasts, or have scars or whatever happens. I thought I should just get them replaced and deal with it 10 years from now. But when I start reading the stories again, I think I should have them out. My husband thinks I should have them out, because of what he's read. More to my situation, I am still currently nursing my 2 year old daughter. I cannot foresee just weaning her off yet unless there was a serious problem and I would be forced to. I can't just switch her over to cow's milk as she gets eczema from cow's milk and dairy products since 8 months old when she started having them. She no longer has them to the best of my ability, with a few minor exceptions. She takes cod liver oil which helps her skin, and noticeably gets worse if she misses a few days. I'm searching for answers, direction, a English speaking doctor in Europe.

, No, my guess would be that you cannot taste bacteria, molds, fungi, although you can sometimes see molds/fungi if they overtake something. Same as if you have moldy bread. But bacteria is invisible to the naked eye. As for the bacteria and molds/fungi not being in your bloodstream, this is pure misinformation---again, by physicians and nurses and other medical personnel that are not well educated (or simply don't want to admit) that implants cause disease. As I explained in an earlier email, the implant shell "shares" the saline with the rest of your body and what's in your body (and bloodstream) is shared with the saline in your implant. So, things are constantly being "swapped." So, if there is any harmful bacteria, (or even non harmful bacteria at this point), it is being shared and exchanged with the rest of your body. As for your question about all bacteria being harmful. Yes and no. Yes because all bacteria have the potential to reproduce and grow to a point where our body can not effectively fight it. Then our body needs help, and that is where antibiotics come in. There is also bacteria that is antibiotic resistant, and our bodies can't fight that, so it essentially takes over and can kill us. Simple bacteria such as E. coli, S. aureaus, S. epi can be deadly because there are mutating strains and they are deadly. There just simply isn't a "simple" bacteria anymore. No, because bacteria is all over, and you're right, we live with bacteria everyday. Healthy people with normal immune systems have the abililty to fight bacteria, and normally can fight infections without antibiotic treatment. We are exposed to so many germs and bacteria everyday, and we don't even know it. And yet our bodies fight it off. If our bodies didn't do that, our population would cease to exist. The question is when do bacteria and other toxic agents become harmful? The answer to that is when our body has used up all its defenses and it still has not eradicated the offending agent. We are the host to the "invader" and it is liking it. So the bacteria, mold, fungi, virus, continue to replicate because we are providing it with a favorable environment in which it can grow. The agents then manifest themselves in various ways. We either become extremely, suddenly ill with high fevers, aches, prurulent drainage from the wound, surgical site, cut, etc.; we may have a change in our lab work such as an increased WBC, increased neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosonophils, increased ESR, increased CRP. Depending on where the infection is, we may also have shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, productive cough, malaise, weakness, fatigue, or any number of symptoms. However, I used to work with a group of infectious disease docs and ran and managed their ambulatory infusion center and you would be amazed at how many people have active infections yet are asymptomatic (no change in lab values, no active symptoms to alarm them). Twice now I have had severe cellulitic infections and each time my WBC count had been normal, my ESR has been normal, and the only indication of infection was severe pain, redness, and swelling around the site, and even then the docs questioned infection. So, how do you find out if you have bacteria, mold/fungi in your bloodstream? Well, you really can't. You can test for mycoplasma, which is a common fungal infection implant women seem to have. I tested negative for it. But as for the others, I honestly don't know if you can test for it specifically. You can do a blood culture, which is how we screen for blood infections and then treat them. That would be my best suggestion to you. It is very accurate, but must be done the right way. You must have 2 cultures done, both from separate sites. When I draw peripheral blood cultures, I like to draw one from one arm, and the other from the other arm. It is impt that the RN follow the instructions to the "T" or the test results will be affected and won't be accurate. The results take up to 72 hrs to come back. But you must be sure that the culture they order tests not just for bacteria, but for molds/fungi (aerobic/anaerobic). I never knew that my implants contained any molds or bacteria nor would I have guessed. It wasn't until I had them professionally and scientifically analyzed that these tests were done on the implants. And as a matter of fact, it was just 2 wks ago that one of my drs asked me if I was ever treated for the S. epi and A. niger and A. bouffardi. I never was, and I have to wonder if I should have been and why I wasn't. I also have to wonder if that stuff is still floating around in my bloodstream, and if perhaps I should have a blood culture done???? I hope I have answered some if not all of your questions, . Please feel free to ask me anymore that you may have. e ----- Original Message ----- From: DanzButterflies@... Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 10:08 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants e, My last email got all wacky, I guess I went to look at something you wrote and wrote my response, but I typed it into the last part of your message that you wrote to me, so, maybe someone could delete that post, since it appears lower in the portion of your message and might confuse people if they don't see your original post. I will repost it here so that it's all together. Also, I couldn't access it properly again, so went to this post to respond to you. Sorry for any confusion. I realized it when I went back to make a note - since I said I was sick and later said wouldn't I get sick from the bacteria? I thought it sounded a little peculiar and contradictary...but I am sure I got a cold/flu passed from my daughter, because she was sick for a week first and then my husband briefly got it (he teaches and is around a lot of people and also children too and usually when we get sick, he's the first one). Just wanted to clarify. Previous post I sent: >>Your implants are due to come out regardless of whether you choose to replace them or not. << Yes, I realize that, timing is my big problem right now...I never expected to be nursing past a year. >>If you have read our stories then you know the hell we have all been through.<< Exactly, why I joined the group and have been living in much fear laterly. Not a day goes by that it is not on mind throughout the day...especially when my daughter is nursing. Last week I began to attempt to refuse to nurse her and of course she got sick which is the worse time for me to attempt to wean. She is already stuffy and congested and refusing her, she cries so hard and gets more stuffed and congested and aggravates her until were all just in a mess. So I gave back in. I've been crying alot lately over it...this morning as well. On top of it, I'm sick with the cold she passed on to me and my energy and tolerance gets even more limited. I feel so stuck. I appreciate the info. you provided about what you saw on TV about a few surgeons in Europe. Although not specifically aware of those views, I am aware at how different their views on so many other things that it already raised red flags with me. My question about the saline...I thought that the saline being exposed to air is what would trigger growth of fungus or bacteria. And thought that since the saline is not exposed (??) that the likelihood of it growing would not be the same as an opened container of saline like you referred to. I do not have medical schooling...so I'm just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together from all that I read. Let me ask you about those 3 you mentioned found in your explants..."I had Staph epidermidis, Aspergillus niger, and Aspergillus bouffardi"...are those harmful? or deadly? Is all bacteria bad? Since aren't we surrounded by it in our environment... Please, your thoughts? I am trying to learn and understand. On nursing...I was told by doctors, nurses and also midwives (who are against vaccination for the toxins involved in that) that nursing would be OK...which is why I went ahead. I also read that because the milk ducts are separate that 'stuff' wouldn't enter them. Unless, I'm assuming it would be in my bloodstream. But if I had bacteria and fungus in my bloodstream...wouldn't I be sick? or wouldn't it have showed up during pregnancy when they would do lab testing on the blood? I have so many questions. I know that she is very sensitive to what she will ingest....wouldn't she refuse my milk if it was contaminated. Or does bacteria and those type of impurities have no taste or a human has no ability to detect through their senses? I would also like to know if any of the people that are highly against implants are also highly against vaccination or if they refuse implants and accept vaccination? I know that is a bit off topic, but I do wonder. I don't vaccinate my child, so fortunately she is free from those toxins. Thank you so much for your input, I greatly appreciate it. And please accept my questions as a desire to understand. Thank you, Sincerely,

Patty, Just wanted to let you know that I was out with some friends on Sat night, and one of the girls I was out with told me that she eats raw garlic everyday and enjoys great health. I immediately thought of you and told her about you (not about you and your story, just that you eat garlic and you feel better). I'd do it in a heartbeat, because I LOVE garlic, but I'm afraid of the social implications:) e ----- Original Message ----- From: Patty Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:19 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants Hi Pat,Definitely not good! Welcome to our group....You may want to get tested for mycoplasms and other pathogens that may becontributing to your constant state of sickness.As I have posted in the files section of this website, there are manynatural products you can use to try to reduce your viral, fungal andbacterial load. These are very, very effective. I have used them myselfwith outstanding results. Personally, I take large amounts of raw garlic,as well as olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract, and other herbs. Ifyou take the time to research these products, you will see that they havewonderful antibacterial, antifungal and anti viral properties.You may still need to get on a course of antibiotics or other drug toeffectively deal with your situation, but these natural products aresomething you can find at the grocery store or health food store and startusing now. Ruptured saline implants should be dealt with and no ignored.I think you will find these products helpful, but I do strongly encourageyou to get the implants removed along with all scar tissue.Patty----- Original Message -----From: "oll oll" <oll8o@...>< >Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 12:38 AMSubject: Re: 10 year old saline implants> Hi my name is pat and one of my saline implants> ruptured while i was pregnant. I had no insurance at> the time so the doctor would not do anything for me.> The ruptured implant stayed in my body for a yr and a> half,i then got a lawyer and began to try and get them> out.I have been sick since and this was in 1992. I> always feel like i have the flu. I Was wondering what> your thoughts might be on the implants staying inside> my body that long ruptured..thanks pat> --- e Rene

Pat, Do you have the implants out now? If so, how long was it before you finally got them out? Yes, it is entirely possible that your ruptured implant has caused you to feel like you have the flu. It is hard to know what that saline contained in it; whether there was any bacteria, molds/fungi, and if so, these would obviously have been spilled into your body. If you were not treated for these toxins, then it is possible that your body is constantly trying to fight this subclinical infection, hence the reason you always feel like you have the flu. Once an implant has ruptured, it is always best to get it out as soon as possible. The longer it stays in your body, the more potential harm that can be done. e ----- Original Message ----- From: oll oll Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 1:38 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants Hi my name is pat and one of my saline implantsruptured while i was pregnant. I had no insurance atthe time so the doctor would not do anything for me.The ruptured implant stayed in my body for a yr and ahalf,i then got a lawyer and began to try and get themout.I have been sick since and this was in 1992. Ialways feel like i have the flu. I Was wondering whatyour thoughts might be on the implants staying insidemy body that long ruptured..thanks pat--- e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote:> ,>> Mold and fungi are not always visible to the naked> eye. My implants, as I already told you, contained> 2 types of molds and both of my implants were clear.> Only visible under the microscope were the molds> and bacteria. Also, the shell of the implant allows> material from the body to enter into the inside of> the implant and vice versa. So, if you have any> type of bacteria in your bloodstream, it can enter> into your implant. If you have bacteria, mold, or> fungi in your implant, it can enter into your> bloodstream. This alone can make you ill and can> cause a host of problems and symptoms, however mild.> If your implant(s) were to rupture, and they> contain molds or fungi, yes, they can make you> extremely ill, and in some cases can cause> overwhelming sepsis, and in worst case scenarios,> death (although physicians would more than likely> never admit it was due to your implants). It is> also possible that your implants are ruptured, and> simply have a slow leak. My right implant was> ruptured but had not spilled its contents into my> body. It simply had a "slow leak." Once out of my> body and I had a chance to look at them, I could> notice a definate difference in size between the> right and left. Pierre Blais (he analyzed my> implants) said that my implants were manufactured> incorrectly and were defective, and had defective> valves. Key areas on the implants had weakened and> he stated that it was highly likely that I would> have suffered a major rupture within several days to> weeks and would have suffered a severe infective> episode from which recovery would have been very> difficult.>> The other thing I want to bring up is the nursing.> I am far from being an expert on this issue, but I> do recall reading articles on this and other women> on here probably know more than me. But I have read> articles about women who breastfed while they had> implants. Their children did fine and were "great,> healthy, happy children." However, 10-14 yrs later,> these same children were dealing with a multitude of> health problems ranging from severe clinical> depression, to CA, to fibromyalgia, to autoimmune> diseases, to neurological problems. And most of> these women were now attributing their childrens'> health problems to their implants. Silicone has> platinum in it, toluene, benzene (a known> carcinogen)and like 29 other chemicals that are all> terribly toxic and dangerous to humans. Just> because you're fine and your child is fine doesn't> mean that you and your child will be 10 yrs from> now. We are just now beginning to fully comprehend> the dangers of silicone.>> My suggestion to you----don't play with fire,> because when you do, you're going to get burnt!!!>> e, RN, BSN>> ----- Original Message -----> From: DanzButterflies@...> Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 10:09 AM> > Subject: Re: 10 year old saline> implants>> I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am unsuccessful> so far at trying to coerce her to wean. This past> week, maybe because she wasn't feeling well, she> kept refusing much of the food I try to get her to> eat food. My husband tries too. She eats little> bits here and there, but short of forcing her to> eat...I feel trapped and frustrated often times. If> I didn't have the breast issue, I wouldn't care if> she continues to nurse until 3 or 4 as extended> nursing advocates express the positive and natural> benefits of doing so. But here I am approaching the> 10 year mark with the saline implants. I haven't> been overly concerned, except for last week when I> read all the depressing stories. I wander about the> statistics and also about all the women who have> there implants replaced for the variety of> reasons...I wonder about their old implants...were> they contaminated?? were they clear? Is all> bacteria/fungus visible? Can a person survive the> bacteria if the implant ruptures? How many people> die from the bacteria/fungal infections?>> My daughter mostly nurses only during the night to> go to sleep or back to sleep if she wakes up. If I> don't nurse her she cries so hard. And think that I> should just let her nurse. I don't think she has> been harmed by anything. With the exception that> she has had a cold this past week, she rarely gets> sick, she has been extremely healthy, vibrant, full> of energy, growth...she is smart, speaks two> languages, etc. So my main concern is if an implant> breaks. It also concerns me because now that she is> bigger she tries to climb over top of me to change> positions and get comfortable to nurse and sometimes> presses with her little hand on the breast area> where the implant is. I try and get her hand before> she places too much pressure and get fearful that> the pressure might cause a rupture. I desperately> need to find a surgeon here, but am limited as I> don't speak German and rely on my husband who works> full-time, he hasn't yet made the necessary phone> calls. I need to really get him to phone around> here to seek an English speaking doctor. I don't> know their credential requirements here either in> Germany and get a little fearful of German doctor's> because of the unknown. I know that in general life> here, some things are handled very differently than> in America.>> Thank you for your thoughts and responses.>> Sincerely,> > ----- Original Message -----> From: MARTHA-NSIF> > Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:25 AM> Subject: Re: 10 year old saline> implants>>> Your Husband is Right! Your doctor's advice is more> than questionable. And you need to get your> daughter off the breast ASAP!>> More later!>> Most sincerely,> Mm> Martha Murdock> National Silicone Implant Foundation> www.topica.com/lists/BreastImplantNews/> MAM-NSIF@...>>

I second that one!

Cc: e Lello

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 7:26 PM

My description is 2-petrie dishes in your chest!

MM

e,

I do eat the raw garlic, clove by clove. I have experimented with different ways to eat it raw and my favorite have been these:

With organic sprouted rye bread and organic feta cheese made with goat's milk. I chop the garlic into bite sized pieces along with the bread and cheese, and make little finger food sized bites. The Europeans eat their garlic this way, with bread and cheese.

Clove by clove with chicken. The Greeks eat raw garlic this way.

In a Caesar's salad, in which I make the dressing with 1/2 cup olive oil, 2-3 cloves garlic, 2 T. fresh lemon juice, and one or two anchovy fillets.

Garlic pills by Kyolic are suggested as being the most effective. You can give these a try--I certainly don't think it would hurt; however I did not notice the greatest beneficial effects until I began eating garlic raw.

Good luck!

Patty

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 5:44 AM

Patty,

Do you actually eat raw garlic? Or do you buy garlic pills at the vitamin store? I might be willing to try garlic pills......

e

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 2:47 AM

Glad I am not alone in my love of raw garlic as a health promoting herb!

I would highly recommend it for you, e. Just plan on eating some when you know you are going to have a stretch of time, like 8 hours where you won't have to be around anyone. Maybe eat it at night after work, and by the time you go to work the next morning it will be gone? It's worth a shot...

Patty

Sent:< / B> Tuesday, January 15, 2002 6:12 AM

Patty,

Just wanted to let you know that I was out with some friends on Sat night, and one of the girls I was out with told me that she eats raw garlic everyday and enjoys great health. I immediately thought of you and told her about you (not about you and your story, just that you eat garlic and you feel better). I'd do it in a heartbeat, because I LOVE garlic, but I'm afraid of the social implications:)

e

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:19 AM

Hi Pat,Definitely not good! Welcome to our group....You may want to get tested for mycoplasms and other pathogens that may becontributing to your constant state of sickness.As I have posted in the files section of this website, there are manynatural products you can use to try to reduce your viral, fungal andbacterial load. These are very, very effective. I have used them myselfwith outstanding results. Personally, I take large amounts of raw garlic,as well as olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract, and other herbs. Ifyou take the time to research these products, you will see that they havewonderful antibacterial, antifungal and anti viral properties.You may still need to get on a course of antibiotics or other dr u g toeffectively deal with your situation, but these natural products aresomething you can find at the grocery store or health food store and startu sing now. Ruptured saline implants should be dealt with and no ignored.I think you will find these products helpful, but I do strongly encourageyou to get the implants removed along with all scar tissue.Patty----- Original Message -----From: "oll oll" <oll8o@...>< >Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 12:38 AMSubject: Re: 10 year old saline implants> Hi my name is pat and one of my saline implants> ruptured while i was pregnant. I had no insurance at> the time so the doctor would not do anything for me.> The ruptured implant stayed in my body for a yr and a> half,i then got a lawyer and began to try and get them> out.I have been sick since and this was in 1992. I> always feel like i have the flu. I Was wondering what> your thoughts might be on the implants staying inside> my body that long ruptured..thanks pat> --- e Rene

Pat, Sorry I haven't responded sooner, and perhaps you may have your answer(s) from the other women. I have simply been working like crazy, and trying to deal with the major changes my life has taken. Having ruptured implants in your body for as long you did can be very dangerous. Not only is the contaminated, "dirty" saline now coursing through your body, but you have implants that are no longer intact and have obviously been weakened enough that they ruptured. So, my concern also would be that the longer the implants are in, the more your body is going to mount a massive inflammatory response. Scar tissue can develop around the implants, or pieces of implants. The implants can be weak enough that pieces can break off and travel through the body. But since you have them out, I would wonder if your doctor told you that he was able to remove them whole. However, since you complain about having flu like symptoms, I have to wonder if your body has been adversely affected by the saline, and that the saline was contaminated. It is possible to test for various aerobes/anerobes, but I have a feeling that convincing any doc to do the tests will be a challenge (esp when you tell him why). A doc of mine recently asked me if anyone treated me for the S. epi, A. niger and A. bouffardi that was found in my implants. I never was. And I have to wonder if the reason I feel like crap so often is because that stuff is floating around in my bloodstream, and is now a systemic infection. So, basically, I think it is very reasonable for you to question your health and possibly wonder if it could be related to your ruptured implants. e ----- Original Message ----- From: oll oll Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 3:18 AM Subject: Re: 10 year old saline implants The implants stayed inside my body ruptured for abouta yr and a half(no insurance)I have them outnow....pat-- - e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote:> Pat,>> Do you have the implants out now? If so, how long> was it before you finally got them out?>> Yes, it is entirely possible that your ruptured> implant has caused you to feel like you have the> flu. It is hard to know what that saline contained> in it; whether there was any bacteria, molds/fungi,> and if so, these would obviously have been spilled> into your body. If you were not treated for these> toxins, then it is possible that your body is> constantly trying to fight this subclinical> infection, hence the reason you always feel like you> have the flu.>> Once an implant has ruptured, it is always best to> get it out as soon as possible. The longer it stays> in your body, the more potential harm that can be> done.>> e>> ----- Original Message -----> From: oll oll> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 1:38 AM> > Subject: Re: 10 year old saline> implants>> Hi my name is pat and one of my saline implants> ruptured while i was pregnant. I had no insurance at> the time so the doctor would not do anything for me.> The ruptured implant stayed in my body for a yr and> a> half,i then got a lawyer and began to try and get> them> out.I have been sick since and this was in 1992. I> always feel like i have the flu. I Was wondering> what> your thoughts might be on the implants staying> inside> my body that long ruptured..thanks pat> --- e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote:> > ,> >> > Mold and fungi are not always visible to the naked> > eye. My implants, as I already told you,> contained> > 2 types of molds and both of my implants were> clear.> > Only visible under the microscope were the molds> > and bacteria. Also, the shell of the implant> allows> > material from the body to enter into the inside of> > the implant and vice versa. So, if you have any> > type of bacteria in your bloodstream, it can enter> > into your implant. If you have bacteria, mold, or> > fungi in your implant, it can enter into your> > bloodstream. This alone can make you ill and can> > cause a host of problems and symptoms, however> mild.> > If your implant(s) were to rupture, and they> > contain molds or fungi, yes, they can make you> > extremely ill, and in some cases can cause> > overwhelming sepsis, and in worst case scenarios,> > death (although physicians would more than likely> > never admit it was due to your implants). It is> > also possible that your implants are ruptured, and> > simply have a slow leak. My right implant was> > ruptured but had not spilled its contents into my> > body. It simply had a "slow leak." Once out of> my> > body and I had a chance to look at them, I could> > notice a definate difference in size between the> > right and left. Pierre Blais (he analyzed my> > implants) said that my implants were manufactured> > incorrectly and were defective, and had defective> > valves. Key areas on the implants had weakened> and> > he stated that it was highly likely that I would> > have suffered a major rupture within several days> to> > weeks and would have suffered a severe infective> > episode from which recovery would have been very> > difficult.> >> > The other thing I want to bring up is the nursing.> > I am far from being an expert on this issue, but I> > do recall reading articles on this and other women> > on here probably know more than me. But I have> read> > articles about women who breastfed while they had> > implants. Their children did fine and were> "great,> > healthy, happy children." However, 10-14 yrs> later,> > these same children were dealing with a multitude> of> > health problems ranging from severe clinical> > depression, to CA, to fibromyalgia, to autoimmune> > diseases, to neurological problems. And most of> > these women were now attributing their childrens'> > health problems to their implants. Silicone has> > platinum in it, toluene, benzene (a known> > carcinogen)and like 29 other chemicals that are> all> > terribly toxic and dangerous to humans. Just> > because you're fine and your child is fine doesn't> > mean that you and your child will be 10 yrs from> > now. We are just now beginning to fully> comprehend> > the dangers of silicone.> >> > My suggestion to you----don't play with fire,> > because when you do, you're going to get burnt!!!> >> > e, RN, BSN> >> > ----- Original Message -----> > From: DanzButterflies@...> > Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 10:09 AM> > > > Subject: Re: 10 year old saline> > implants> >> > I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am> unsuccessful> > so far at trying to coerce her to wean. This past> > week, maybe because she wasn't feeling well, she> > kept refusing much of the food I try to get her to> > eat food. My husband tries too. She eats little> > bits here and there, but short of forcing her to> > eat...I feel trapped and frustrated often times.> If> > I didn't have the breast issue, I wouldn't care if> > she continues to nurse until 3 or 4 as extended> > nursing advocates express the positive and natural> > benefits of doing so. But here I am approaching> the> > 10 year mark with the saline implants. I haven't> > been overly concerned, except for last week when I> > read all the depressing stories. I wander about> the> > statistics and also about all the women who have> > there implants replaced for the variety of> > reasons...I wonder about their old implants...were> > they contaminated?? were they clear? Is all> > bacteria/fungus visible? Can a person survive the> > bacteria if the implant ruptures? How many people> > die from the bacteria/fungal infections?> >> > My daughter mostly nurses only during the night to> > go to sleep or back to sleep if she wakes up. If> I> > don't nurse her she cries so hard. And think that> I> > should just let her nurse. I don't think she has> > been harmed by anything. With the exception that> > she has had a cold this past week, she rarely gets> > sick, she has been extremely healthy, vibrant,> full> > of energy, growth...she is smart, speaks two> > languages, etc. So my main concern is if an> implant> > breaks. It also concerns me because now that she> is> > bigger she tries to climb over top of me to change> > positions and get comfortable to nurse and> sometimes> > presses with her little hand on the breast area> > where the implant is. I try and get her hand> before> > she places too much pressure and get fearful that> > the pressure might cause a rupture. I desperately> > need to find a surgeon here, but am limited as I> > don't speak German and rely on my husband who> works> > full-time, he hasn't yet made the necessary phone> > calls. I need to really get him to phone around> > here to seek an English speaking doctor. I don't> > know their credential requirements here either in> > Germany and get a little fearful of German> doctor's> > because of the unknown. I know that in general> life> > here, some things are handled very differently> than> > in America.> >> > Thank you for your thoughts and responses.> >> > Sincerely,> > > > ----- Original Message -----> > From: MARTHA-NSIF> > > > Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:25 AM> > Subject: Re: 10 year old saline> > implants> >>=== message truncated ===__________________________________________________