RemedySpot.com

Have You Heard Of Lutein?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Have you heard of lutein? Until recently, I had never even heard of this antioxidant substance. Then I noticed it listed on the front label of the multivitamins I usually buy. Figuring it must be fairly potent, I decided to look into why exactly this antioxidant was being so highly touted.In a study published in the March 2001 issue of "Experimental Eye Research," evidence shows that the carotenoid lutein "may provide even greater protection for overall eye health than was previously realized."Lutein is found in all eye tissue! s in greater amounts than either betacarotene or lycopene. Why's that important? Because lutein seems to act as an antioxidant in fighting the free radicals that can damage your eyes and lead to eye maladies such as glaucoma and cataracts. And for those with macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness in people over 55, lutein seems to act as a front line defense against further damage. Most multiple vitamins, especially those for "seniors," now contain this antioxidant. As the new year rolls in, make sure your eyes have it!- Joan McKim

Thanks for the info Martha dear, haven't heard much from you? How are things?

Love,

----- Original Message -----

BreastImplantNews

Cc:

Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 11:31 PM

Subject: Have You Heard Of Lutein?

Have you heard of lutein? Until recently, I had never even heard of this antioxidant substance. Then I noticed it listed on the front label of the multivitamins I usually buy. Figuring it must be fairly potent, I decided to look into why exactly this antioxidant was being so highly touted.In a study published in the March 2001 issue of "Experimental Eye Research," evidence shows that the carotenoid lutein "may provide even greater protection for overall eye health than was previously realized."Lutein is found in all eye tissue! s in greater amounts than either betacarotene or lycopene. Why's that important? Because lutein seems to act as an antioxidant in fighting the free radicals that can damage your eyes and lead to eye maladies such as glaucoma and cataracts. And for those with macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness in people over 55, lutein seems to act as a front line defense against further damage. Most multiple vitamins, especially those for "seniors," now contain this antioxidant. As the new year rolls in, make sure your eyes have it!- Joan McKim