RemedySpot.com

e

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I also have a very bad feeling about g, and am extrememly worried

about her.

Do we have any sisters on the board whe are from Denver?

I pray God is keeping her safe, and that she will soon be back with all

of us.

With love,

Lany

SBI Prayer Forum

----- Original Message -----

MARTHA-NSIF

Cc: ; Heer

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 11:31 PM

Subject: Re: e

I also have a very bad feeling about g, and am extrememly worriedabout her.Do we have any sisters on the board whe are from Denver?I pray God is keeping her safe, and that she will soon be back with allof us.With love,Lany

• 5 weeks later...

Hi e,

I'm at a loss for words. And feel so helpless.

But there is one thing I would like to share with you, if I may? My mother had lung cancer and the tumor was so large, they gave her Colbot before doing the surgery, to shrink the tumor. During the surgery, they discovered it was not contained within the lung. They had to scrap her ribs and even took one of the ribs. After the surgery, the Doctor said it was pretty bad and only gave her a few short months to live. Well, my mother is gone now, but not until she had lived another twelve yr's after her surgery. She told me once that she wasn't ready to die (there were more things she had yet to do) and she believed in positive thinking. My parents were wonderful parents and they both lived a good life, embracing it and loving it, as they did each other and I still grieve for them. But I guess the one thing I'm trying to say is, my mother believed that a Doctor (who is just as human as we are) could not tell her how much time she had left. She said, "that was between her and God."

Remain strong in your faith e - there will be more prayers going out for you than you could ever imagine. And please stay in touch.

Love and Hugs.............

e L <e_Rene@...> wrote:

Well, everyone, I am at my wits end again. I am one test away from being officially diagnosed with CA--multiple myeloma. I have all the hallmarks of this CA--Bence protein, ostephytes all over my spine, and hypercalcemia. I've had hypercalcemia for about 2 yrs now, my rheumy never picked up on it, but then there was never a reason to do anything about it. Myeloma is usually diagnosed late in the course of the disease, and by then vertebral collapse is imminent and usually not far off. With my latest xrays, CT, and MRI of my back and neck, there really is no hope of repairing the damage that has been done. I saw a neurosurgeon today for a second opinion about what to do with my low back and neck. He recommended epidural steroid injections in my low back and he normally would redo the cervical fusion, but with a dx of multiple myeloma, he doesn't know that he'd redo the fusion, as my prognosis is not too good. I have not been given a prognosis, but have been told that usually at the time of dx, 50% of pts will die within 3 months due to the CA invading the entire body. 90% of the pts will live 3 with yrs chemo and radiation therapy, which I refuse to have. Of course there are variances of these #'s. But the picture is all coming together. Multiple myeloma typically affects the spine, neck, kidneys, and lungs. All over pain is the major complaint, with back pain the most common. Osteoporosis is common, along with osteophytes, fractures, and other problems. Asthma is common. Kidney failure is common. Chest pain secondary to difficulty breathing related to bone pain in the thoracic area is common. I have all of these. I don't have full blown kidney failure, but the beginnings of it. The doctors need to try to prevent kidney failure so they are going to discuss with me at my next appt the administration of drug to prevent the blockage of the renal tubules by protein. I'm not even sure I want to continue. Why prolong the misery? I just am in shock, though. I turn 32 on Jan 12, and you'd expect me to be turning 80. Some birthday present, huh????

e

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:14 AM

Subject: Re: , e, and Rogene

It is tough for some of us more than others, hang tough girl, you will makeit, your a strong woman, I think you will find a middle of the road way tohandle the situation with Dr's, what feels right, usually I find when I meetthe Dr I can tell right away how much he is going to listen, care, andunderstand the depth of the situation.love and hugs,----- Original Message -----From: "filisann2000" <Filisann@...>< >Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 7:30 AMSubject: , e, and Rogene> Thanks girls for your answers. I'm still hanging in here. Some days> its easy and some days its really hard--one day at a time.> Rogene, you were one of the first to answer me when I first got on> the computer about three years ago. You sent me your suggestions on> getting better after silicone. I still have it. Love, Phyllis>>>>