RemedySpot.com

Sleepless and sleep studies..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All and Happy new year!

So I havent post much latelly sice Miss Gabby went back to her old routine of

waking up around 1-2 am and stay up until 5-6 am.... and of course not ready to

go to school until 10 so she can catch ( and I can too) some sleep...

Melatonin is not working anymore.. she can fall asleep easly at night.. but when

I repeat the melatonin at 2 am.. doesnt work anymore...

She is not upset but she is " singing " ( you know.. those noises and sounds they

make)

some nights is just her singing, and throwing everything out of her bed

(blankets, pillows.. and more) and some nights. we go to the extreme where she

gets naked.... and of course she gets cold and wants her stuff back... and that

means mommy has to come in.. change her, dress her up again and put everything

back in bed...

So tired...

so I wonder... anyone has this going on? I mean .. similar? We did a sleep study

and she has sleep abnea... got her tonsils and adenoids out..

Called our pedi. explained the whole thing.. day routine, bedtime routine and

night routine.. he said we are doing everything we can..

and he suggested repeat the sleep study...

I seriously hate the sleep study... since she wont sleep anywhere else but her

own bed...

arggh...

ideas please?

Alina

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:20 PMSubject: Re: Sleepless and sleep studies..To: Liz DeSantis After sleep study, T & A, and working on sleep patterning with a routine, we FINALLY got a pediatrician/mother who understood that I could not function without sleep - even if my kid could go on 6-8 hours A WEEK!  . 

She prescribed double the normal dose of BENEDRYL (50 mg on an 80 lb kid(at that time).  He slept and continued to sleep a good 7-9 hours a nite with no morning sleepiness or dozing off during the day!!  We continued this medication for 10 years.  Now, as an adult of 26, he occasionally needs Benedryl after 2-3 nights of not being sleepy.  We also use it if he must travel by plane.  Then plane delays, change of pressure don't bother him. 

Alina:  Tori WILL NOT wear her CPAP...so the doc gave her singulair to take at night to help open up her airway, and has us run a humidfier.  She has gotten better with this...Liz

Hello All and Happy new year!

So I havent post much latelly sice Miss Gabby went back to her old routine of waking up around 1-2 am and stay up until 5-6 am.... and of course not ready to go to school until 10 so she can catch ( and I can too) some sleep...

Melatonin is not working anymore.. she can fall asleep easly at night.. but when I repeat the melatonin at 2 am.. doesnt work anymore...

She is not upset but she is " singing " ( you know.. those noises and sounds they make)

some nights is just her singing, and throwing everything out of her bed (blankets, pillows.. and more) and some nights. we go to the extreme where she gets naked.... and of course she gets cold and wants her stuff back... and that means mommy has to come in.. change her, dress her up again and put everything back in bed...

So tired...

so I wonder... anyone has this going on? I mean .. similar? We did a sleep study and she has sleep abnea... got her tonsils and adenoids out..

Called our pedi. explained the whole thing.. day routine, bedtime routine and night routine.. he said we are doing everything we can..

and he suggested repeat the sleep study...

I seriously hate the sleep study... since she wont sleep anywhere else but her own bed...

arggh...

ideas please?

Alina

-- Liz DeSantis " The person who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before. "

" Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being ahead of your time is that when people finally realize you were right, they'll say it was obvious all along. " ---Temple Grandin

" Anyone

can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength. " - Reeves " Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can understand persistence. "   - Hal Borland

-- Sara- different pathways lead to Nirvana.

-- Sara- different pathways lead to Nirvana.