RemedySpot.com

Re: Update on Milly - Appointment with Dentist-eating issues, etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

BACTROBAN!  I find this stuff is magic when one needs to heal redness, soreness, irritation. 

Hey:

Just posting an update on how Milly's dental appointment went. Well! We " drugged her up " with some epam (just made her very relaxed) and got some good x-rays (she was amazing, made less fuss than many " normal " people would) and, as I suspected, her wisdom teeth have come through! Explains the ups and downs with eating, plus the increase in SIBs some days. One tooth has come through good and straight, the other is a little crooked, so we have to keep a close eye on that. It would be nice to avoid dental surgery if possible.

We're still dealing with post-yeast infection irritation and redness in that " sensitive area " which does not want to go away, which would also drive her crazy, but we're plugging away at that - just got some different cream, and trying to keep her just in underwear (she peed all over the place this morning!) as much as possible. We're also in the process of ruling out a uti.

Any other experiences with this issue?

Sue Bhatt, mom to Milly, DS-PDD NOS, 24 years old.

-- Sara- different pathways lead to Nirvana.

As a nurse i dont really know for sure if bactroban will get rid of a yeast infection, but it will help with other, in the area. At the hospital we often use a couple mixed together for peri-area infections. One thing that cured my sons horrible groin yeast infection was epson salt (1cup) in his bath. I would have him soak in a hot tub each night--he said "it feels tingly" I remeber. I dont know if it really did help cure his yeast infection, that was probably the nystatin cream, but it did help tremendously with the "ouch" factor. I also do this for nathan when he gets those pimple like sores on his thighs and buttocks, cures them right up in a couple days--dont want to get wounds, uuugh. shawna

http://sewshawna.blogspot.com

To: Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:23 PMSubject: Re: Update on Milly - Appointment with Dentist-eating issues, etc.

BACTROBAN! I find this stuff is magic when one needs to heal redness, soreness, irritation.

Hey:Just posting an update on how Milly's dental appointment went. Well! We "drugged her up" with some epam (just made her very relaxed) and got some good x-rays (she was amazing, made less fuss than many "normal" people would) and, as I suspected, her wisdom teeth have come through! Explains the ups and downs with eating, plus the increase in SIBs some days. One tooth has come through good and straight, the other is a little crooked, so we have to keep a close eye on that. It would be nice to avoid dental surgery if possible.We're still dealing with post-yeast infection irritation and redness in that "sensitive area" which does not want to go away, which would also drive her crazy, but we're plugging away at that - just got some different cream, and trying to keep her just in underwear (she peed all over the place this morning!) as much as possible. We're also in the process of ruling out a uti.Any other experiences with

this issue? Sue Bhatt, mom to Milly, DS-PDD NOS, 24 years old.

I was responding to the POST- yeast infection irritation, for which I have found that Bactroban works well.  As you say, it is trial an error to find the right combo.  One thing about Bactroban - I usually see a change in a a matter of hours! 

As a nurse i dont really know for sure if bactroban will get rid of a yeast infection, but it will help with other, in the area. At the hospital we often use a couple mixed together for peri-area infections. One thing that cured my sons horrible groin yeast infection was epson salt (1cup) in his bath. I would have him soak in a hot tub each night--he said " it feels tingly " I remeber. I dont know if it really did help cure his yeast infection, that was probably the nystatin cream, but it did help tremendously with the " ouch " factor. I also do this for nathan when he gets those pimple like sores on his thighs and buttocks, cures them right up in a couple days--dont want to get wounds, uuugh. shawna

To: Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:23 PM

Subject: Re: Update on Milly - Appointment with Dentist-eating issues, etc.

BACTROBAN!  I find this stuff is magic when one needs to heal redness, soreness, irritation. 

Hey:Just posting an update on how Milly's dental appointment went. Well! We " drugged her up " with some epam (just made her very relaxed) and got some good x-rays (she was amazing, made less fuss than many " normal " people would) and, as I suspected, her wisdom teeth have come through! Explains the ups and downs with eating, plus the increase in SIBs some days. One tooth has come through good and straight, the other is a little crooked, so we have to keep a close eye on that. It would be nice to avoid dental surgery if possible.

We're still dealing with post-yeast infection irritation and redness in that " sensitive area " which does not want to go away, which would also drive her crazy, but we're plugging away at that - just got some different cream, and trying to keep her just in underwear (she peed all over the place this morning!) as much as possible. We're also in the process of ruling out a uti.

Any other experiences with

i agree, does work well. shawna

To: Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:44 PMSubject: Re: Update on Milly - Appointment with Dentist-eating issues, etc.

I was responding to the POST- yeast infection irritation, for which I have found that Bactroban works well. As you say, it is trial an error to find the right combo. One thing about Bactroban - I usually see a change in a a matter of hours!

As a nurse i dont really know for sure if bactroban will get rid of a yeast infection, but it will help with other, in the area. At the hospital we often use a couple mixed together for peri-area infections. One thing that cured my sons horrible groin yeast infection was epson salt (1cup) in his bath. I would have him soak in a hot tub each night--he said "it feels tingly" I remeber. I dont know if it really did help cure his yeast infection, that was probably the nystatin cream, but it did help tremendously with the "ouch" factor. I also do this for nathan when he gets those pimple like sores on his thighs and buttocks, cures them right up in a couple days--dont want to get wounds, uuugh. shawna

http://sewshawna.blogspot.com/

To: Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:23 PMSubject: Re: Update on Milly - Appointment with Dentist-eating issues, etc.

BACTROBAN! I find this stuff is magic when one needs to heal redness, soreness, irritation.

Hey:Just posting an update on how Milly's dental appointment went. Well! We "drugged her up" with some epam (just made her very relaxed) and got some good x-rays (she was amazing, made less fuss than many "normal" people would) and, as I suspected, her wisdom teeth have come through! Explains the ups and downs with eating, plus the increase in SIBs some days. One tooth has come through good and straight, the other is a little crooked, so we have to keep a close eye on that. It would be nice to avoid dental surgery if possible.We're still dealing with post-yeast infection irritation and redness in that "sensitive area" which does not want to go away, which would also drive her crazy, but we're plugging away at that - just got some different cream, and trying to keep her just in underwear (she peed all over the place this morning!) as much as possible. We're also in the process of ruling out a uti.Any other experiences with

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've printed off some info about Bactroban, and

I'll look into Nystatin, plus I'll try the epsom salts in her bath. good idea

about the Probiotics too, as we seem to be caught in a cycle.

We got a combo cream from the doc a couple of days ago - an anti-fungal

(Monistat + 2.5% cortisone to soothe), and she's much more comfortable already.

We're keeping her in cotton underwear as much as possible (with resulting

mountain of laundry, she's peeing everywhere!). She goes into overnight respite

next week, so I want to stabilize this before then. I must admit, after the

last few months, I really need 3 days to just catch up on housework, rest, etc.,

etc!

sue, Mom to Milly, 24 yrs old, DS-PDD-NOS

> >

> > 

> >>Hey:

> >>Just posting an update on how Milly's dental appointment went. Well! We

" drugged her up " with some epam (just made her very relaxed) and got some

good x-rays (she was amazing, made less fuss than many " normal " people would)

and, as I suspected, her wisdom teeth have come through! Explains the ups and

downs with eating, plus the increase in SIBs some days. One tooth has come

through good and straight, the other is a little crooked, so we have to keep a

close eye on that. It would be nice to avoid dental surgery if possible.

> >>

> >>We're still dealing with post-yeast infection irritation and redness in that

" sensitive area " which does not want to go away, which would also drive her

crazy, but we're plugging away at that - just got some different cream, and

trying to keep her just in underwear (she peed all over the place this morning!)

as much as possible. We're also in the process of ruling out a uti.

> >>

> >>Any other experiences with this issue?

> >>

> >>Sue Bhatt, mom to Milly, DS-PDD NOS, 24 years old.

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >--

> >Sara- different pathways lead to Nirvana.

> >

> >

> >

>

>

> --

> Sara- different pathways lead to Nirvana.

>