RemedySpot.com

Re: Weighted blankets/other stuff

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

✟ JMJ ✟

Just an FYI. I had a PT and OT write to/speak with insurance as well as my pediatrician writing a "script" for a weighted blanket as well as an indoor swing. After many phone calls we were able to get insurance to cover the blanket, the swing and a body sock (http://www.amazon.com/Integrations-Abilitations-Body-Spatial-Awareness/dp/B0042SWKLS) too!

It is worth a try to see if your insurance won't help cover it as medical equipment.

Of course with our new insurance, I can barely get a person to speak to me and they hardly cover anything, so it depends on the company.

We ordered the stuff from Abilitations- http://store.schoolspecialty.com/OA_HTML/xxssi_ibeDefaultCenter.jsp?type=IBE & name=Abilitations_Landing_Page & minisite=10206 & gclid=COqb09yl764CFYbe4AodZFHuIg

and from South Paw- http://www.southpawenterprises.com/

Blessings,

Re: Weighted blankets

I bought Tori's from a place called www.magicblanket.com. It is awesome..and no way as near as expensive as they were.

WEIGHTED BLANKET

--------------------------------------------------

Oh I just read Liz post.....Liz I am supposed to do a lot of deep pressure with Wesley....is there a particular therapy place you get the blanket...I have heard that people can make their own....I a not really too lazy to do that....just sort of "making-things challenged" and I would rather buy one....Annie.

well not really lazy, just "making things" challenged and it w

--

Liz DeSantis"The person who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before."

"Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being ahead of your time is that when people finally realize you were right, they'll say it was obvious all along."---Temple Grandin

"Anyone

can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." - Reeves

"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can understand persistence." - Hal Borland

Guest guest

Thank you, ! It didn't cross my mind to try and get the insurance to cover it but it's worth a try.Virginia To: Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:30 PM Subject: Re: Weighted blankets/other "stuff"

✟ JMJ ✟

Just an FYI. I had a PT and OT write to/speak with insurance as well as my pediatrician writing a "script" for a weighted blanket as well as an indoor swing. After many phone calls we were able to get insurance to cover the blanket, the swing and a body sock (http://www.amazon.com/Integrations-Abilitations-Body-Spatial-Awareness/dp/B0042SWKLS) too!

It is worth a try to see if your insurance won't help cover it as medical equipment.

Of course with our new insurance, I can barely get a person to speak to me and they hardly cover anything, so it depends on the company.

We ordered the stuff from Abilitations- http://store.schoolspecialty.com/OA_HTML/xxssi_ibeDefaultCenter.jsp?type=IBE & name=Abilitations_Landing_Page & minisite=10206 & gclid=COqb09yl764CFYbe4AodZFHuIg

Blessings,

I bought Tori's from a place called www.magicblanket.com. It is awesome..and no way as near as expensive as they were.

WEIGHTED BLANKET

Oh I just read Liz post.....Liz I am supposed to do a lot of deep pressure with Wesley....is there a particular therapy place you get the blanket...I have heard that people can make their own....I a not really too lazy to do that....just sort of "making-things challenged" and I would rather buy one....Annie.

--

Liz DeSantis"The person who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before."

"Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being ahead of your time is that when people finally realize you were right, they'll say it was obvious all along."---Temple Grandin

"Anyone

can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." - Reeves

"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can understand persistence." - Hal Borland

Guest guest

Unfortunately we have a stinky insurance...they have been good for major surgeries, second opinions, but therapies and special equpment is not covered....BUT....I have never asked about that specific thing so it is worth a try...also I thought of someone who can make one for me...or at least I think she would be willing...the pattern is great ...thanks...a ...if you remember about where the mildew free pellets were sold, please let me know...!! Thanks so much...!!!AnnieTo: From: stamtorch@...Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:30:11 -0400Subject: Re: Weighted blankets/other "stuff" ✟ JMJ ✟ Just an FYI. I had a PT and OT write to/speak with insurance as well as my pediatrician writing a "script" for a weighted blanket as well as an indoor swing. After many phone calls we were able to get insurance to cover the blanket, the swing and a body sock (http://www.amazon.com/Integrations-Abilitations-Body-Spatial-Awareness/dp/B0042SWKLS) too!It is worth a try to see if your insurance won't help cover it as medical equipment.Of course with our new insurance, I can barely get a person to speak to me and they hardly cover anything, so it depends on the company.We ordered the stuff from Abilitations- http://store.schoolspecialty.com/OA_HTML/xxssi_ibeDefaultCenter.jsp?type=IBE & name=Abilitations_Landing_Page & minisite=10206 & gclid=COqb09yl764CFYbe4AodZFHuIgand from South Paw- http://www.southpawenterprises.com/Blessings, Re: Weighted blankets I bought Tori's from a place called www.magicblanket.com. It is awesome..and no way as near as expensive as they were.WEIGHTED BLANKET --------------------------------------------------Oh I just read Liz post.....Liz I am supposed to do a lot of deep pressure with Wesley....is there a particular therapy place you get the blanket...I have heard that people can make their own....I a not really too lazy to do that....just sort of "making-things challenged" and I would rather buy one....Annie.well not really lazy, just "making things" challenged and it w-- Liz DeSantis"The person who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before." "Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being ahead of your time is that when people finally realize you were right, they'll say it was obvious all along."---Temple Grandin"Anyonecan give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." - Reeves"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can understand persistence." - Hal Borland

Guest guest

Amazon sells Lexan plastic pellets beads -10 lbs for $25 -but I don't know if they're mildew free. Great price! To:

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:35 PM Subject: RE: Weighted blankets/other "stuff"

Unfortunately we have a stinky insurance...they have been good for major surgeries, second opinions, but therapies and special equpment is not covered....BUT....I have never asked about that specific thing so it is worth a try...also I thought of someone who can make one for me...or at least I think she would be willing...the pattern is great ...thanks...a ...if you remember about where the mildew free pellets were sold, please let me know...!! Thanks so much...!!!AnnieTo: From: stamtorch@...Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:30:11 -0400Subject: Re: Weighted blankets/other "stuff"

✟ JMJ ✟

Blessings,

WEIGHTED BLANKET

--

"Anyone

Guest guest

✟ JMJ ✟

If you can't find mildew free pellets what about cherry pits? We have a small weighted one square foot bag with them. we put it in the microwave to heat it up (smells good as well).

We all use it for minor aches and pain. I recently saw huge bags being sold at the tractor supply place.

I would imagine the pits could work for a weighted blanket as well. That would feel nice coming out of the dryer....ohhhhh.

Blessings,

WEIGHTED BLANKET

--

"Anyone

Guest guest

We have used the SPIO suit, and it did wonders for our daughter...made her more aware of her body, improved muscle tone, made her more focused with fewer sensory behaviors. It's worth it. Our PT wrote a letter of medical necessity.Betsy (mom to Emma 5)

Amazon sells Lexan plastic pellets beads -10 lbs for $25 -but I don't know if they're mildew free. Great price! To:

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:35 PM Subject: RE: Weighted blankets/other "stuff"

Unfortunately we have a stinky insurance...they have been good for major surgeries, second opinions, but therapies and special equpment is not covered....BUT....I have never asked about that specific thing so it is worth a try...also I thought of someone who can make one for me...or at least I think she would be willing...the pattern is great ...thanks...a ...if you remember about where the mildew free pellets were sold, please let me know...!! Thanks so much...!!!AnnieTo: From: stamtorch@...Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:30:11 -0400Subject: Re: Weighted blankets/other "stuff"

✟ JMJ ✟

Blessings,

WEIGHTED BLANKET

--

"Anyone

Guest guest

Thank you for this info....To: From: bboatwright@...Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:10:36 -0700Subject: Re: Weighted blankets/other "stuff" We have used the SPIO suit, and it did wonders for our daughter...made her more aware of her body, improved muscle tone, made her more focused with fewer sensory behaviors. It's worth it. Our PT wrote a letter of medical necessity.Betsy (mom to Emma 5) Amazon sells Lexan plastic pellets beads -10 lbs for $25 -but I don't know if they're mildew free. Great price! To: Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:35 PM Subject: RE: Weighted blankets/other "stuff" Unfortunately we have a stinky insurance...they have been good for major surgeries, second opinions, but therapies and special equpment is not covered....BUT....I have never asked about that specific thing so it is worth a try...also I thought of someone who can make one for me...or at least I think she would be willing...the pattern is great ...thanks...a ...if you remember about where the mildew free pellets were sold, please let me know...!! Thanks so much...!!!AnnieTo: From: stamtorch@...Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:30:11 -0400Subject: Re: Weighted blankets/other "stuff" ✟ JMJ ✟ Just an FYI. I had a PT and OT write to/speak with insurance as well as my pediatrician writing a "script" for a weighted blanket as well as an indoor swing. After many phone calls we were able to get insurance to cover the blanket, the swing and a body sock (http://www.amazon.com/Integrations-Abilitations-Body-Spatial-Awareness/dp/B0042SWKLS) too!It is worth a try to see if your insurance won't help cover it as medical equipment.Of course with our new insurance, I can barely get a person to speak to me and they hardly cover anything, so it depends on the company.We ordered the stuff from Abilitations- http://store.schoolspecialty.com/OA_HTML/xxssi_ibeDefaultCenter.jsp?type=IBE & name=Abilitations_Landing_Page & minisite=10206 & gclid=COqb09yl764CFYbe4AodZFHuIgand from South Paw- http://www.southpawenterprises.com/Blessings, Re: Weighted blankets I bought Tori's from a place called www.magicblanket.com. It is awesome..and no way as near as expensive as they were.WEIGHTED BLANKET --------------------------------------------------Oh I just read Liz post.....Liz I am supposed to do a lot of deep pressure with Wesley....is there a particular therapy place you get the blanket...I have heard that people can make their own....I a not really too lazy to do that....just sort of "making-things challenged" and I would rather buy one....Annie.well not really lazy, just "making things" challenged and it w-- Liz DeSantis"The person who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before." "Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being ahead of your time is that when people finally realize you were right, they'll say it was obvious all along."---Temple Grandin"Anyonecan give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." - Reeves"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can understand persistence." - Hal Borland

Guest guest

OH by the way Betsy, I am so encouraged over what you shared about the Spio Suit...I cannot wait to get it for my son....Annie==== Wesleys momTo: From: bboatwright@...Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:10:36 -0700Subject: Re: Weighted blankets/other "stuff"

We have used the SPIO suit, and it did wonders for our daughter...made her more aware of her body, improved muscle tone, made her more focused with fewer sensory behaviors. It's worth it. Our PT wrote a letter of medical necessity.Betsy (mom to Emma 5)-----

F

Guest guest

Please let us know how it goes!Betsy

OH by the way Betsy, I am so encouraged over what you shared about the Spio Suit...I cannot wait to get it for my son....Annie==== Wesleys momTo: From: bboatwright@...Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:10:36 -0700Subject: Re: Weighted blankets/other "stuff"

We have used the SPIO suit, and it did wonders for our daughter...made her more aware of her body, improved muscle tone, made her more focused with fewer sensory behaviors. It's worth it. Our PT wrote a letter of medical necessity.Betsy (mom to Emma 5)-----

F